The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 12:36:33 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Upcoming TV with DD-L
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The soundtrack is overated! Topic Next Topic: LOTM is an absolutely awesome movie!!  

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - December 02 2002 :  08:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I trust everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did...puppies and all!

I've done a little scouting and have discovered a couple of upcoming tv events that involve Daniel Day-Lewis.

December 5 at 8pm eastern and again at 11pm eastern on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) Daniel will be narrating a program entitled "Forever Ealing" where actors and filmmakers explore the history of the British studio and its movies. This will also air again on December 13 at 7pm eastern.

I have also seen where he will be on the Today show next Monday, Dec.9. I'm sure this is a promotion for the upcoming GONY which premiers Dec. 20.

Everyone check your local listings for these.

Theresa
report to moderator

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 02 2002 :  08:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Theresa! It's a rare treat to see DD-L make an appearance on a show like TODAY & I agree, it's probably to promote GONY. I was wondering how long it would take for SOMEONE to realize that Leonardo DiCaprio wasn't the ONLY guy in this movie & from all we've heard & read, it will be Daniel's performance that is the most noteworthy. Worthy of an Oscar nomination - and a likely win, as I understand it!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Ithiliana
Colonial Settler

Ithiliana
USA

November 07 2002

Posted - December 03 2002 :  10:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Ithiliana an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......*kills her parents* why dont we have cable?!!!!
*is very annoyed*
btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! [even though it is a bit late]

Le Poisson Rouge Seudois du Chaos
Conspiracy of One

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 09 2002 :  10:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Theresa,

Did you happen to see the DD-L interview on the Today show? I watched at home until time to drive to work, then kept sneaking peeks until time to go into a meeting at 9:00 a.m.! Still, no DD-L?! So did they acutally air an interview with him & I just missed it???

Rattlesnake Woman

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - December 09 2002 :  4:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not to worry, Diane. He wasn't there today.
I taped the last two hours of the show because I had to head off to work and when I played it back...no Daniel.
It is now rumored that the 17th is the date. If I hear definites on that, I'll let you know. Sorry.

Theresa

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 09 2002 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info, Theresa! I'm SO glad to know that I didn't miss him! I'll be sure to keep checking the Today show webpage, to see if they make any mention of an upcoming interview with Daniel later this month.

Rattlesnake Woman

morgaine
Pioneer

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 09 2002 :  8:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe that "Entertainment Tonight" will be covering the premiere of "Gangs of New York" tomorrow (December 10).

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - December 18 2002 :  1:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello, Everyone!

If you are one of the many folks who wasn't able to watch Daniel's interview on the Today show - like myself - don't despair! I have a link for you! Just copy & paste this link in your web browser & suddenly, there's Daniel! Here is the link:
http://www.msnbc.com/m/c/ctv_emailthis.asp?id=tdy_couric_ddlewis_021217&su
bid=&sk=msnbc&sl=&0mw=x92

By the way, I got this information from ddl.net which is a site totally devoted to all things DD-L. It's a pretty good site - not anywhere CLOSE to THIS one, mind you! - but worth taking a look at.

Happy Holidays!

Rattlesnake Woman

Previous Topic: The soundtrack is overated! Topic Next Topic: LOTM is an absolutely awesome movie!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07