The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 12:18:59 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Music--tangent
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: SOMEONEs been watching LOTM too much Topic Next Topic: Huron Village  

Diana
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 18 2002

Posted - December 09 2008 :  2:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all:

Thought I would let you know that there is new CD with music composed by Trevor Jones for the movie WE FIGHT TO BE FREE. This is the movie they show at Mount Vernon which highlights several events in Washington's life.

Both the movie and the CD have my recommendation.

Diana
report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - December 09 2008 :  4:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And on the subject of music, a friend lent me his CD of the soundtrack for "The War That Made America". There is some good stuff on it. Some of it reminds me of LOTM-type music.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 09 2008 :  7:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Diana,

Is that movie available for purchase? Seamus and I have a friend who had a small part in it.

Fitz, I have that CD, too. I agree that it is not bad in some places.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Diana
Pioneer

May 18 2002

Posted - December 10 2008 :  10:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi WW:

Yes, it is available for purchase. Check the website. It runs about 20 minutes. It is meant as a documentary, not as a feature length movie. George Washington is portrayed by Sebastian Roche (Colonel Glover from THE CROSSING).

Glad you asked.

Diana

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 10 2008 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Diana. I found it. I checked with my friend who was an extra in the film and he has a copy. I think I will see if I can borrow it.

I liked Sebastian Roche as Col. Glover a lot! I think he really fit that part well. However, I am having trouble imagining him as George Washington. What were your thoughts on his performance? Was he believable, in your opinion?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Diana
Pioneer

May 18 2002

Posted - December 10 2008 :  6:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well...Sebastian is one of my favorite actors so I am a little biased. But, I thought he did well in this short flick. There is more action in this than speaking.

I have seen him in a couple of other things including MERLIN in which he is Sir Gawain. He has also been trained as actor.

A friend of mine saw him in an off Broadway play in early 2000s. She was impressed.

It is interesting to compare his performance with that of Jeff Daniels.

Let me know what you decide.

Diana
  Previous Topic: SOMEONEs been watching LOTM too much Topic Next Topic: Huron Village  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07