The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 4:25:00 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Magua's Hair-raising Halloween
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: If LOTM was re-made... Topic Next Topic: guess Im in the minority of women who...
Page: of 2

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 17 2008 :  4:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For being such an all around fine fellow, let us imagine Magua is granted the priviledge of returning to Earth each Halloween and lifting a scalp.

Magua has the power to roam anywhere in the world of television and movies. He can take the scalp of any one character from television and/or movies.

Please identify by character (as opposed to actor) whose hair Magua will raise this Halloween. The reasons for Magua's choice are also solicited.
report to moderator

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - October 17 2008 :  7:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
DW, Magua being the short-sighted, narrow-minded, obsessive-compulsive, and extremely focused sort of fellow he was, I rather imagine he'd first go for Chingy as a mere matter of expediency; a sort of first-things-first affair. Other literal "axes to grind" could wait for subsequent years!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 27 2008 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great question DW Took a while to come up with an answer but finally got one. A few days ago I watched "Hannibal Rising" about the young Hannibel Lecter and what shaped him into the cannibalistic killer that he is today. Well I found plenty of "victims" for Magua to scalp. Real bad guys to the core but since you said only one victim then I will go with the leader "Grutas" who is pure evilthrough and through. What he decides to do is just unthinkable and I would be happy to see Magua lift his scalp and give him a slow, painful death one he truly deserves (save young Hannibal the trouble)

'Course there is also Hannibal the cannibal himself

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - October 27 2008 :  2:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ooh ooh ooh! I know! If characters from "reality" shows count, I pick Heidi Montag and Spence Pratt from "The Hills." I don't even watch the show (and wouldn't if you paid me to) but their insipid grinning faces are everywhere. I think Magua would take one look at them and think, "They must go NOW!"

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 29 2008 :  7:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Ooh ooh ooh! I know! If characters from "reality" shows count, I pick Heidi Montag and Spence Pratt from "The Hills." I don't even watch the show (and wouldn't if you paid me to) but their insipid grinning faces are everywhere. I think Magua would take one look at them and think, "They must go NOW!"

Of course part of the challenge of this question is narrowing down the choice to one character (so many scalps, so little time....)

Irishgirl prioritized two possible victims for Magua (Grutus first, Hannibal Lector second) Pure evil being the priority over young evil.

So I did a search on flickr photo sharing for your two favorites. 374 photos of Heidi Montag versus 3 for Spence Pratt. So I say he would vote with his scalping knife for "Miss Popular".

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 29 2008 :  7:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by James N.

DW, Magua being the short-sighted, narrow-minded, obsessive-compulsive, and extremely focused sort of fellow he was, I rather imagine he'd first go for Chingy as a mere matter of expediency; a sort of first-things-first affair. Other literal "axes to grind" could wait for subsequent years!

A very practical choice. You make an excellent point that subsequent years await Magua!

We become what we think about.

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 29 2008 :  7:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Great question DW Took a while to come up with an answer but finally got one. A few days ago I watched "Hannibal Rising" about the young Hannibel Lecter and what shaped him into the cannibalistic killer that he is today. Well I found plenty of "victims" for Magua to scalp. Real bad guys to the core but since you said only one victim then I will go with the leader "Grutas" who is pure evilthrough and through. What he decides to do is just unthinkable and I would be happy to see Magua lift his scalp and give him a slow, painful death one he truly deserves (save young Hannibal the trouble)

'Course there is also Hannibal the cannibal himself

Excellent reasoning Irishgirl!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2008 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Woods

quote:

Of course part of the challenge of this question is narrowing down the choice to one character (so many scalps, so little time....)

Irishgirl prioritized two possible victims for Magua (Grutus first, Hannibal Lector second) Pure evil being the priority over young evil.

So I did a search on flickr photo sharing for your two favorites. 374 photos of Heidi Montag versus 3 for Spence Pratt. So I say he would vote with his scalping knife for "Miss Popular".

I APOLOGIZE TO RED FRAGGLE FOR GOING THROUGH A PROCESS OF NARROWING DOWN HER "TWO-FER" TO A SINGLE CHOICE. FROM YOUR POSTS ON THE "HALLOWEEN" THREAD, I NOW UNDERSTAND YOU BEING ENTITLED TO TWO CHOICES. SO BOTH HEIDI AND SPENCE ARE IN THE RUNNING.

CONGRATULATIONS, RED FRAGGLE!

lilyvonstudt
Pathfinder

May 04 2008

Posted - October 31 2008 :  10:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spencer + Heidi could be classed as one entity, yet no-one calls them Speidi?

If reality TV is a viable option then I choose Kim Kardashian, aka the epitome of vacuous and gratuitous celebrity. Failing that, honestly I cannot think of any fictional characters who he could justify to scalp except Hawkeye, who to him must have seemed like was on the Let's Rain On Magua's Parade offensive.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 01 2008 :  2:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

CONGRATULATIONS, RED FRAGGLE!

Thanks, DW!

I actually picked both Heidi and Spence because I thought they were kind of a two-for-one deal, seeing as they're always joined at the hip. And I have seen them called Speidi! Scary!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 01 2008 :  4:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good pick lily She deserves a visit from Manly Magua for her Godawful dancing on DWTS

Thanks DW

IG

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - November 02 2008 :  2:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Except for Lily's comment re Hawkeye or my own, I think this has strayed quite a bit - notice that the question reads "The reasons for MAGUA'S CHOICE ( emphasis intended ) are also solicited." NOT "Who would YOU like to see him scalp?"; but who would HE likely seek revenge ( or whatever ) on. Fully as I'm sure they are deserving targets, I earnestly hope poor Magua has been spared vapid "reality TV" in The Happy Hunting Ground!

lilyvonstudt
Pathfinder

May 04 2008

Posted - November 02 2008 :  5:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Irishgirl re Kim Kardashian: oh dear God, could they sink any lower than to play Baby Got Back?! I think they must did it to humor her, because the only things about her that have rhythm are the implanted parts!

Mags' reason for wanting to eliminate Kim K? Because she, along with Speidi and the Hiltons and all their ilk, are the epitome of how shallow and idle has become the world. In Mags' day there was something to fight for; a way of life and system of beliefs that he still believed in, despite deviating from. I think it would make him livid to see what his country had become. He took action, fought battles, learnt and survived in languages other than his own, worked damn hard and made something of himself. Kim K and her ilk were born with a silver spoon in their mouth and the closest they come to a hard day's work is perhaps to walk up a flight of stairs if the elevator is broken. These people make a mockery of all the blood sweat and tears shed by people, fictional or not, such as Magua.

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 04 2008 :  4:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. I find the various opinions fascinating!

My thought would be that Magua would begin his annual scalping quest with a character close to him, with whom he had a personal score to settle. Chingachgook meets that criterion.

The other suggestions are excellent as well. Who knows, Manly Magua may well be visiting them on future Halloweens!

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - November 05 2008 :  2:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On this first post-election day, I think Lily's apt observations could as well be applied to our incipient Leader! Hail to the Chief! ( With apologies to - and a NEW target for - Magua! )

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2008 :  11:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

On this first post-election day, I think Lily's apt observations could as well be applied to our incipient Leader! Hail to the Chief! ( With apologies to - and a NEW target for - Magua! )

I must disagree with the sentiments of James N.

I do not want this thread to contain anything that might be construed as a threat against an actual person.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2008 :  11:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good...then we all agree that Kim Kardashian is not a real person!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2008 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Clever comment regarding Kim...

On a more serious note, it would probably be best to include only fictional characters, not reality show contestants.

lilyvonstudt
Pathfinder

May 04 2008

Posted - November 06 2008 :  7:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Well technically this could be true when taken into consideration the proportion of fake assets to real ones. Nose job, cheek implants (rumored), ribs removed (rumored), liposuction, breast and butt implants, hair extensions, fake tan, nail extensions. Pretty much constitutes a fake person IMO. Unfortunately it doesn't make her fictional.

OK then, Kim K gets spared of a scalping. Too bad. Hawkeye it is then!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2008 :  10:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol just too funny lily

IG

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2008 :  10:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lilyvonstudt

quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Well technically this could be true when taken into consideration the proportion of fake assets to real ones. Nose job, cheek implants (rumored), ribs removed (rumored), liposuction, breast and butt implants, hair extensions, fake tan, nail extensions. Pretty much constitutes a fake person IMO. Unfortunately it doesn't make her fictional.

OK then, Kim K gets spared of a scalping. Too bad. Hawkeye it is then!

You can't take her scalp, but on e-bay you can at least buy her hair-extensions

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jessica-Simpson-HairDo-23-Wavy-Extensions-KARDASHIAN_W0QQitemZ230304968073QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item230304968073&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Image Insert:

6.97 KB

Though why Kim is dealing in Jessica Simpson Extensions is beyond me!

We become what we think about.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 08 2008 :  08:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I must disagree with the sentiments of James N.

I do not want this thread to contain anything that might be construed as a threat against an actual person.

I think we're OK here, DW. All in fun.

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 10 2008 :  8:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,

Thanks for your observations.

Dark Woods

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 10 2008 :  8:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks to wikipedia, I remembered a character that I think could be an attractive target for Magua. Quoting from wikipedia:

"Cruella de Vil is a fictional character and the primary villain in Dodie Smith's 1956 novel The Hundred and One Dalmatians, Disney's 1961 animated film adaptation One Hundred and One Dalmatians, and Disney's live-action film adaptations 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians. In all her incarnations, Cruella kidnaps dalmatian puppies for their fur. In the live-action version of 101 Dalmatians, it is revealed that the reason Cruella chooses to skin puppies is that when shorthair dogs grow older their fur becomes very coarse, which doesn't sell as well in the fur fashion industry as the fine, soft fur of puppies." For more information, here is the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruella_de_Vil

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 10 2008 :  11:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a Wikipedia article on Cruella de Vil? Who knew?

And, okay, if we're avoiding reality show characters, how about that other Magua from the 1970's BBC version of LOTM? "Our" Magua would probaly think he was crimping his style, what with the polka dot war paint and all. Besides, there can be only one!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 12 2008 :  7:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

There's a Wikipedia article on Cruella de Vil? Who knew?

And, okay, if we're avoiding reality show characters, how about that other Magua from the 1970's BBC version of LOTM? "Our" Magua would probaly think he was crimping his style, what with the polka dot war paint and all. Besides, there can be only one!

I think that our Magua could beat their Magua.

While reality show persons are off topic, I saw on the internet that Kim Kardashian is making a movie. Maqua would certainly be empowered to raise the hair of whatever character Kim K is playing.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: If LOTM was re-made... Topic Next Topic: guess Im in the minority of women who...  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07