The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 5:38:19 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Three disc OST
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Movie version of Prometory available! Topic Next Topic: Something I noticed about Alice...  

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 04 2007

Posted - October 30 2007 :  10:39:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just bought the three disc edition of the OST which includes the original (with Clannad) soundtrack and two discs of music inspired by the film.

I love it! the two extra discs have some really beautiful music on it I love "A New Dawn" "The Last Of the Mohican's Theme" and "World Inside My Heart (A Feeling of Well Being)"
report to moderator

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - October 30 2007 :  11:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OST means "original sound track," right? Just checking. Sometimes I'm a little slow!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - October 30 2007 :  12:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I JUST finished looking at this on Amazon.com! There were 2 customer reviews - one LOVED it ; the other HATED it! I think the problem is in the marketing: OST DOES mean "original sound track" - and that's definitely what this set is NOT! The reviewer who hated it obviously felt ripped off for a set advertised as a soundtrack, thinking they were going to get even more from the movie; but got this mish-mosh instead. The music may be as good as you say; but it's hardly a true soundtrack. I need to upgrade my cassette copy, but will NOT do it with THIS; especially for the over-inflated price!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 30 2007 :  12:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep it does Red.

You get the original movie soundtrack with it plus two CDs of music inspired by LOTM. The two extra CDs contain Native American music, it does clearly state that the extra two CDs are music "inspired by" the movie, so you'd have to really not be paying attention to buy it thinking it is music from the movie.
I got my copy from eBay for under $20, Amazon charges too much for anything, try other sites

susank2
Colonial Settler

USA

August 25 2007

Posted - October 30 2007 :  2:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does it have the movie version of Promitory? The music that Alice and Uncas die to. It's been impossible for me to find.

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - October 30 2007 :  4:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It does have Promitory on it but I don't think it's the full version, I can send it you if you like so you can see if it is what you are looking for.

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - November 04 2007 :  11:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Despite the VERY conflicing reviews of the 2000 "Original Motion Picture Score" ( NOTE: NOT "Soundtrack"! ) by Joel McNeely and the Royal Scottish Orchestra, as posted on Amazon.com; I decided to go with it to replace my casette of the soundtrack. I am VERY happy with it! ( In fact, it's playing on my computer as I type this. )

Some reviewer complaints were that compared to the original, it sounds too "symphonic" - DUH! - It's by a SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA! The only "real" difference to me is the omission of the Clannad piece; which I wasn't particularly fond of anyway. I think it's worth it to have all the selections in the proper order as heard in the film.

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - November 04 2007 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aww I like Clannad's "I Will Find You" I thought it suited the scene it was used in.

jkman61494
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

March 10 2008

Posted - March 10 2008 :  10:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Send jkman61494 an AOL message  Send jkman61494 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was actually able to come across a "movie" version of Promentory on Youtube. It seriously made my year much less my day because like so many I've been looking for it for over 12 years.

Somehow this guy ripped the music from the movie, removed any sound effects and produced an MP3 at CD quality. You have to type in I believe "Last of the Mohicans" tribute and the user is DarkJedi.

He also has a link where you can download it yourself. Enjoy!!!

Kirachi
Colonial Settler

Alone
United Kingdom

October 04 2007

Posted - March 10 2008 :  10:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the link JK, it's great to hear the whole song
  Previous Topic: Movie version of Prometory available! Topic Next Topic: Something I noticed about Alice...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.66 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07