The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:23:59 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Who here agrees with Magua's stance?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Best soundtrack ever? Topic Next Topic: Rev. Wheelocks School
Page: of 2

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - October 24 2007 :  11:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

quote:
Originally posted by MaguasBastardChild

I thought they were coming anyway, but just didnt get the messege from their dad NOT to come.

If you remember, their father, Col. Monro, sent a message to them at Albany telling them not to come to the fort because of the French attacking it. When they arrive at the fort, we see the scene where he is surprised because he had sent 3 couriers with a message telling them not to come. Cora then informs him that "there was no message." Duncan informs Col. Monro that Magua led them into the ambush on the George Rd.

Later we learn from Magua, as he is talking to Gen. Montcalm, that he got rid of the other couriers. So, it is my understanding the Magua killed the other couriers (he may or may not have been one of the original 3), arrived at Albany, passed himself off as someone sent by Col. Monro to lead his daughters and Duncan to Fort William Henry. So the girls would not have even left Albany, if Magua hadn't done away with the original message and couriers.

As Hawkeye once said, "Clear it up any?" Sorry, feeling a little cheeky tonight.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

MaguasBastardChild
Pathfinder

magua

Warning: 

October 18 2007

Posted - October 25 2007 :  03:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

quote:

I thought they were coming anyway, but just didnt get the messege from their dad NOT to come.

If you remember, their father, Col. Monro, sent a message to them at Albany telling them not to come to the fort because of the French attacking it. When they arrive at the fort, we see the scene where he is surprised because he had sent 3 couriers with a message telling them not to come. Cora then informs him that "there was no message." Duncan informs Col. Monro that Magua led them into the ambush on the George Rd.

Later we learn from Magua, as he is talking to Gen. Montcalm, that he got rid of the other couriers. So, it is my understanding the Magua killed the other couriers (he may or may not have been one of the original 3), arrived at Albany, passed himself off as someone sent by Col. Monro to lead his daughters and Duncan to Fort William Henry. So the girls would not have even left Albany, if Magua hadn't done away with the original message and couriers.

magua is almost another 'satan' from miltons 'paradise lost'. He almost, accidently, is somewhat of a hero.
But Im not sure he could 'pass himself off' only because he would need Munro's signiture on the orders. as major duncan and col munro were sure to double check during the surrender scene when they verified the surrender recommendations from Webb. It does pose the question, Im not that clear on the script when Magua is first shown, on how he actually did get himself invloved and that close to the general and other officers.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 25 2007 :  12:10:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Who knows how he did it but he did pull it off. And he did it well too!

It would have been interesting to have seen all the "behind the scene" work Magua did to land himself in Albany to patiently await Cora and Alice.

What I'd like to see a prequel release with the events that unfolded in Magua's life that lead us up to LOTM.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - October 25 2007 :  3:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

It would have been interesting to have seen all the "behind the scene" work Magua did to land himself in Albany to patiently await Cora and Alice.

I doubt that it was all just to whack Cora and Alice. He already had an ambush planned for the Brits, and the girls were just an added bonus.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

MaguasBastardChild
Pathfinder

magua

Warning: 

October 18 2007

Posted - October 25 2007 :  3:31:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Who knows how he did it but he did pull it off. And he did it well too!

What I'd like to see a prequel release with the events that unfolded in Magua's life that lead us up to LOTM.

it might be good. but who would play Magua since hes old now?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2007 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Old He will turn 60 this December which is not really old by todays standards.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - October 25 2007 :  5:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

. . . Im not that clear on the script when Magua is first shown, on how he actually did get himself invloved and that close to the general and other officers.

Prior to the first ambush, Magua was posing as a Mohawk scout---i.e., as a member of a tribe allied to the English. (Remember that one argument between Hawkeye and Duncan? Hawkeye says, "He's no Mohawk, he's Huron.")

As an English ally, Magua would have had access to Ft. Wm-Henry and Col. Munro, whom he must have tricked into trusting him. Magua was probably one of the three couriers sent by Munro to take a letter about the siege to his daughters, but Magua, silently plotting his revenge, never delivered any message (and must've gotten rid of the other two couriers along the way).

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 25 2007 :  7:05:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Old He will turn 60 this December which is not really old by todays standards.

Almost a geezer!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 26 2007 :  09:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Magua was probably one of the three couriers sent by Munro to take a letter about the siege to his daughters, but Magua, silently plotting his revenge, never delivered any message (and must've gotten rid of the other two couriers along the way).

Very interesting thought, Fraggle! That had not occurred to me. I think you may be right about that.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 26 2007 :  1:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oooooh. I stand in awe of you Red. How devious and very much like Magua that would be!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Best soundtrack ever? Topic Next Topic: Rev. Wheelocks School  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07