The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 3:23:46 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 the best native american movie of all time...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: why did duncan choose to die? Topic Next Topic: which actor/actress do you think should have won an award?
Page: of 2

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2007

Posted - July 25 2007 :  9:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
ok people, cast your vote and see THE BEST AMERICAN INDIAN MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!...
i sound like the person on american idol....

Choices:

Last of the mohicans
follow the river
Squanto: a warriors tale
Dances with wolves
skins
bury my heart at wounded knee
into the west
the pathfinder
lakota moon
the new world
crazyhorse
geronimo
buffalo dreams
spirit
other

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 25 2007 :  11:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay I voted for "Dances With Wolves" as I just loved that movie. I believe it was WW who said that that was really the first movie, or one of the first, to cast Indian actors to play Indians. It was a "masterpiece" and showed things from the Indians point of view, their fight with the "white man" and with other tribes. It deserved all the Oscars it got and I love to watch it every so often. What's not to love with "Wind In His Hair" and "Kicking Bird" and all the other wonderful Indian actors who took part. Great story and brilliant "battle scenes". It had everything. Definitely my favorite out of all the movies on the list that I have seen and there were only 4 I had not seen.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 25 2007 :  11:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I totally agree! love that movie!!! it was told in the most wonderful detail. i love the line dunbar says to kicking bird,
KB- how many white men will be coming?
JD- Like the stars

the look on his face was just epic!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  01:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Irish, for not calling American Indians "Native Americans." That term offends me more than all those Uncas threads!

As my signature used to say, "Anyone born the the Western Hemisphere is a Native American," spoken by none other than Russell Means!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You're welcome Obi. Too many labels on people these days from "African Americans" to "Native Americans" and "Italian Americans" and let's not forget "Irish Americans". Why can't everyone just be "AMERICAN".

I take it you voted for DWW as well. Great "Indian" movie.

IG

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 26 2007 :  09:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What about French Americans? We are people too!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  10:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So you think!

I think this subject has been polled before. Susquesus? Didn't one of your many polls address this question?

Dances With Wolves.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  10:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great poll!! I went with "into the West". Great movie that really brought home the message about what "American Indians" really went through during the development of the United States. Plus the casting was perfect!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 26 2007 :  10:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

So you think!

I think this subject has been polled before. Susquesus? Didn't one of your many polls address this question?

Dances With Wolves.

Why am I not surprised by this response, WW?

I voted LOTM. Although I did love the others that I have seen as well. But LOTM is my personal fave!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 26 2007 :  10:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

You're welcome Obi. Too many labels on people these days from "African Americans" to "Native Americans" and "Italian Americans" and let's not forget "Irish Americans". Why can't everyone just be "AMERICAN".

Although I do recognize that people want their heritage remembered (thus born the "whatever-american" terms) I do strongly believe in calling yourself what you really are. American!

Considering the fact that our fore fatherers ceceeded from their homelands for good reasons and with the intent on starting a new life in a new land and becoming part of a new people. We should bear the name American proudly!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  12:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

... I take it you voted for DWW as well. Great "Indian" movie.

Sorry Irish, but I voted "other" for Thunderheart. Surprisingly, I have never watched DWW; I loathe Kostner. I've only seen little parts of it...

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 26 2007 :  12:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Irish, for not calling American Indians "Native Americans." That term offends me more than all those Uncas threads!

As my signature used to say, "Anyone born the the Western Hemisphere is a Native American," spoken by none other than Russell Means!

sorry, I didn't know that was offensive!... I promise i'll call them american indians from now on!!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

... I take it you voted for DWW as well. Great "Indian" movie.

Sorry Irish, but I voted "other" for Thunderheart. Surprisingly, I have never watched DWW; I loathe Kostner. I've only seen little parts of it...

I'm not a Kostner fan either Obi but despite that I loved DWW. You should give it a try as it really is a brilliant movie.

IG

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 26 2007 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
sorry, I didn't know that was offensive!... I promise i'll call them american indians from now on!!!

Or, like the Canadien French, call them Amerindians.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 26 2007 :  4:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

quote:

That works for me! I guess you "Lay Fran-Say" aren't quite as bad as WW makes you out to be!

halfbreed
Pioneer

June 18 2006

Posted - July 26 2007 :  7:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
how about NORTH AMERICANS? covers just about all of us.
LOTM or DWW.....flip of the coin.......
h-b

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 27 2007 :  2:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

quote:

That works for me! I guess you "Lay Fran-Say" aren't quite as bad as WW makes you out to be!

hahaha thanks

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - July 27 2007 :  3:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Of the choices listed, I've only seen DWW, LOTM, and The New World. Seeing as I don't really remember anything about DWW, I guess I'd have to say LOTM.

That said, I WILL cast my vote for The New World as the worst NA movie of all time. Geez. If I had to hear the phrase, "Who are you, my love?" one more time I was gonna throw the remote at the TV.

Anybody else think that if all the people and dialogue (what little there was) were removed, the movie could be a very nice IMAX feature on the wilds of Virginia? The music and scenery were quite breathtaking, but the rest of it was like hitting my head against a wall for 7.5 hours (which is how long I think the movie was).

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 27 2007 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Of the choices listed, I've only seen DWW, LOTM, and The New World. Seeing as I don't really remember anything about DWW, I guess I'd have to say LOTM.

That said, I WILL cast my vote for The New World as the worst NA movie of all time. Geez. If I had to hear the phrase, "Who are you, my love?" one more time I was gonna throw the remote at the TV.

Anybody else think that if all the people and dialogue (what little there was) were removed, the movie could be a very nice IMAX feature on the wilds of Virginia? The music and scenery were quite breathtaking, but the rest of it was like hitting my head against a wall for 7.5 hours (which is how long I think the movie was).

HAHAHAHAHAHA i should see it, maybe i should see it, i wanna bang my head against a wall for 7.5 hours

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 27 2007 :  6:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geez, and I thought Light of the Moon was wierd!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 27 2007 :  9:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HEY!

I'd like to take this moment to say...

Thanks for the compliment!
As insanely wicked as this world is I sure wouldn't want to go through it completely normal!

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 27 2007 :  10:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Geez, and I thought Light of the Moon was wierd!

i was being SARCASTIC!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - July 28 2007 :  02:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I vote THE NEW WORLD as the best, next to DANCES WITH WOLVES. Please, don't hate me RedFraggle! lol

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 28 2007 :  09:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Last of the dustbunnies
hahaha thanks

"Lay Fran-Say" is the name we have....er... affectionately... given to Fitz, so this post wasn't directed at you, Bunnies.

Obediah, you will never convince me of that!

[WW flounces away in a whirl of petticoats.]

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 28 2007 :  10:47:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
See! You said "affectionately". I knew you liked the French after all!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 28 2007 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmmph.

Well, typically, Miss-yer Lay Fran-say is too busy using his face, and head, for other things, so he cannot recognize extreme sarcasm when he hears it.

[WW laughs uproariously at the foolishness of the French.]

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: why did duncan choose to die? Topic Next Topic: which actor/actress do you think should have won an award?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.56 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07