The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 4:29:29 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Sheet music for LOTM
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Has anyone seen this? Topic Next Topic: Mohican Symbols  

Bravo6
Pathfinder

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 18 2007

Posted - February 18 2007 :  8:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the page that is available on the site but, as fun as it was to play, I need more.
Since I'm breaking in a new EWI4000s the sheet music can be for any instrument.
I did a search to see if there were other threads relating to this topic and had no results.

So there I was - between a rock and a hard place - when I wondered that perhaps I should be on the other side of the rock.
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 18 2007 :  9:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, that's all that appears to be available anywhere. Believe me, I have looked around too, as have others. We're just a bunch of frustrated amateur musicians!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 19 2007 :  07:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, where can I find said sheet music? On this site?

I'm just picking up my flute again after about 10 years of not playing it (boy, are all my neighbors in for a treat! ), and I'd love to have an LOTM score to practice from!

And, welcome, by the way, Bravo6!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 19 2007 :  10:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Red, you can go Here to find the sheet music for The Gael. Scroll down and click on the image of the sheet music.

Go Here to find the sheet music for the Main Title Theme. Scroll down again to find the sheet music image.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Bravo6
Pathfinder

February 18 2007

Posted - February 19 2007 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Hey, where can I find said sheet music? On this site?

I'm just picking up my flute again after about 10 years of not playing it (boy, are all my neighbors in for a treat! ), and I'd love to have an LOTM score to practice from!

And, welcome, by the way, Bravo6!

Thanks for the welcome Red! Or is it Ms Red? *grin*

The main theme is fantastic on a flute.. well, the flute sound file on my EWI. Thank goodness for sciatica!
I started learning the tenor sax two years ago at 55 - no music at all prior to that. Recently my sciatica fired up fairly intensely so I sent back the sax I was leasing at got the EWI. Much lighter.

I've had it for a couple weeks and play it every day. I love it!

Here is a sample of what it can do (that's not me BTW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUtdP3jQKUA&mode=related&search=

So there I was - between a rock and a hard place - when I wondered that perhaps I should be on the other side of the rock.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 19 2007 :  12:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No reason for posting here. Just thought I'd get an extra post in since Irishgirl has once again pushed me out of my throne.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 21 2007 :  07:33:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see the slugfest is still on between our two Deerslayers. Good thing I'm just a lowly Colonial Settler!

On a different note, Thanks, WW, for posting the links to that music! The main title theme is super-easy to play, so it made me feel not totally hopeless about trying out my flute again. "The Gael" is a bit harder--not hard per se, but I haven't played in ten years, after all!--and I'm still working on that one. My out-of-practice fingers just don't like the transition from F# to E, but I'm determined to get better.

My dog barks and growls every time I get out my flute, though. Do you think that's a bad sign?

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 21 2007 :  10:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't feel bad, RF. My old fiddle was pretty dusty after more years than 10 when I dug it out to try out "The Gael." Talk about rusty fingers! I can't do all the neat little grace notes that add so much to the piece.

My dog didn't howl, but she did put her paws over her ears! (Not really. But she probably wanted to!)

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 21 2007 :  9:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

I see the slugfest is still on between our two Deerslayers.

Yes Red...it seems Irish is obssessed with tyranny!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
  Previous Topic: Has anyone seen this? Topic Next Topic: Mohican Symbols  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07