The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 9:25:13 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 LOTM a Chickflick?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: where can i see the Alice/Uncas romance?? Topic Next Topic: what do you think of the book last of the mohicans?
Page: of 3

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 31 2007

Posted - March 31 2007 :  11:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Been watching these boards for a while and actually voted a few days back, but didn't think to post.

And yes poor Obi I am another one of the sisters to get on your nerve with all the drooling.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 02 2007 :  6:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I said hi in another forum but just in case you don't see that one - Hey! Glad to have another sista' in the chang gang! Poor Obi. I just don't know what to say to ya' but I do believe you are out numbered!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 03 2007 :  01:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm not worried because...it's quality not quantity.

Signed, Obediah, "The Emperor of the Mudpit"

Little Lady of Fire
Colonial Militia

Hawkeye 3
USA

March 31 2007

Posted - April 03 2007 :  5:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Quality. Try me. I have quality. I have even beat my high school and junior high principals at trivia for many different topics.

There are easier things in life then trying to find a good guy..... Nailing jelly to a tree for example.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - April 03 2007 :  9:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Little Lady of Fire

I have even beat my high school and junior high principals at trivia for many different topics.

Sounds like you should try your hand at our LOTM trivia game. The rest of us are just about out of questions to ask!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 04 2007 :  12:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

I'm not worried because...it's quality not quantity.

Signed, Obediah, "The Emperor of the Mudpit"

Hey! We've heard you say that before, didn't we Irish? It was muffled by all the mud we buried your head in but you still managed to get it out. It sounded kinda' like this: "MMPHH-MPH-MMM-M-M-MM!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2007 :  10:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah Light you're right and Obi, just for the record, we, meaning Light and myself, RULE the mudpit. We made the mudpit, we OWN it, we RULE it.

Personally, I think you just want us to drag you in there again and "rough" you up some more...

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2007 :  10:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whatever!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 04 2007 :  3:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Whatever!

See, he so wants it He wants it real bad

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 05 2007 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alrighty then! Bring it on!!!

Monet
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

April 07 2007

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Add me to the list of 'them'!

But that said, I don't think LOTM is a chick-flick. Any more than "From Here to Eternity" is a chick-flick. Just because a movie has a love story, romance, tragedy, unrequited passion and heroism does not make it a chick-flick. When I think of a chick-flick, I think of the classic "When Harry Met Sally" or "Sleepless in Seattle" type movies.

I think ripping out a man's still beating heart and burning another man alive disqualifies it as a chick-flick. (Well, on second thought, maybe it does qualify as a certain genre of 'chick-flick' but the less said about that the better!)

Memory is valuable for one thing, astonishing: it brings dreams back.
- Antonio Machado

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2007 :  4:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Obi where are you Must be waiting by the mudpit for us to "rough him up" Poor GEEZER he sure does love that mudpit doesn't he Light

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - April 15 2007 :  2:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You were talking to me? Oh! Sorry! I was pulling Obi out from under the mud we buried him in. Just couldn't let him die cuz' we'd have no one left to "roughen up" - that just wouldn't do!

You made some good points, Monet...HOWEVER (I love that word!) all those horrific scenes can be included in a "Chick Flick". What? Women can't stomach a little gore?
Besides that...in a feminist's point of view those parts would be worth an instant replay! Not to mention that those scenes lead to other "heart-wrenching" moments.
Take Cora and Nathaniel for example: When Hawkeye told about her father's death she got that romance novel man to hold her in his strong arms to comfort her in her time of need.

Then he jumps the fall with his father and brother, for the sake and safety of the women and Mr. BBQ thus risking their lives just so they could save them once more. Another moment.

Magua's revenge...the whole storyline is dead without it.

As for the war scenes - these are real eye openers for several reasons.

#1 Sudden realization that men should never get involved in politics.
#2 Seeing the outcome for men getting involved in politics.
#3 Thinking that if we were in command in that time we would have thought of ways to peacefully settle a dispute.
#4 We'd gladly live in peace with the NA people just so we could gaze with dreamy eyes at their men in breechclots.

Anyway...it is a Chick Flick nonetheless.

As for the other two movies you mentioned? Chick Flicks

Last of the dustbunnies
Pioneer

uncas in dark
USA

July 17 2007

Posted - July 19 2007 :  01:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
for gods sake, coras father gets his heart cut out in a field, and magua eats it! that doesnt seem very chick flicky to me!

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 19 2007 :  08:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Last of the dustbunnies

for gods sake, coras father gets his heart cut out in a field, and magua eats it! that doesnt seem very chick flicky to me!

The old Magua myth of taking a bite out of the heart. Never happened in the movie although I myself believed it did until I saw the movie again last year.

Well, let's see, Hawkeye offers his life for the woman he loves but Donutboy gives his instead because he must do something noble for Cora to make up for being such a git in the past. Uncas's yearning for Alice leads him to risk his own life for her and pay the ultimate price and she in turn "offs" herself when she sees him killed by Magua and can't bear the thought of life without Uncas and with this "rogue" Magua. The whole trio of heroes rescuing the "damsels in distress" sounds very chick-flickish to me. The movie is a bit of everything for everyone.

IG

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 19 2007 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to say it has alittle bit of something for everyone! Kinda like an all you can eat buffet!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 19 2007 :  12:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Too true. But still think it leans more to the chick flick side than anything. Sorry, I will not be led astray.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 19 2007 :  11:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...OR let facts get in the way of your pre-concieved notions!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 26 2007 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I heard that, Obi!

angicx
Pathfinder

Gothic Girl 2
USA

August 21 2007

Posted - August 22 2007 :  12:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit angicx's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to say no also. There's definitely some smooth things being said, some hot smoldering looks being passed around, and a couple of passionate love scenes, but as a whole, I don't think so.

Sorry Ms Moon

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 22 2007 :  08:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angicx

I have to say no also. There's definitely some smooth things being said, some hot smoldering looks being passed around, and a couple of passionate love scenes, but as a whole, I don't think so.

Woohoo! Hear that, Light? Right now it's 4 to 1 against...

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 24 2007 :  11:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm sorry, Obi. What was that? Didn't catch it?

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 25 2007 :  10:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So how could you hear anything when your head is buried in the mudpit?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 29 2007 :  09:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Only you have had that experience, my dear Geezer! I was merely digging the mud ball you threw out of my ear.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: where can i see the Alice/Uncas romance?? Topic Next Topic: what do you think of the book last of the mohicans?  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07