The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 5:22:43 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 LOTM a Chickflick?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: where can i see the Alice/Uncas romance?? Topic Next Topic: what do you think of the book last of the mohicans?
Page: of 3

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 18 2004

Posted - January 24 2007 :  1:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Okay. I'm sure y'all seen Obi and me having a ball duking out the "Chickflick" theory. One of us has to be RIGHT (that would be me, Obi)
So would y'all be so kind to vote?

Is LOTM a chickflick?

No there is no safe answer such as "dunno". Sorry y'all but we want a grande finale!

Choices:

Absolutely-Positutley!
No Way In H@##!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 24 2007 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You knew I'd be in your corner Light. With all those gorgeous guys it has to be a chickflick. Sorry Obi, but you knew which side of the fence I was on.

Good Poll Light.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 24 2007 :  1:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A GREAT BIG Thank you to you Irish!

Take that Obi Juan!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 24 2007 :  2:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He'll have to rally the troops now (guys) to back him up. Too bad Obi, but you're going to lose.

IG

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 24 2007 :  8:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chick flick!

That's my answer, though it does a good job of trying not to be one, with the massacre scenes and such. Even so, chick flick it is!

Sorry, Obi.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 24 2007 :  9:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Whoa!! Irish, I just checked the top posters page and saw something interesting! Let me just ask, "Are you trying to take my throne??!!) Cuz your waaayyyy too close and I just don't like it!

Okay everyone, drop the whole Uncas thing and let's go to Hawkeye. (I mean is worth a good drooling isn't he? And another bonus - it would gives Irish less incentive to post!)

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2007 :  12:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I learned long ago not to believe anything I read on the Internet, except for my own posts...

"Chickflick" =

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - January 25 2007 :  01:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Sorry Light and IG - i say NO. "Gorgeous guys" does not a chickflick make. Not many feel-good warm and fuzzies in this movie.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 25 2007 :  07:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops...I guess I must have misread the topic heading. I didn't know we were voting on L T O M. Silly me for thinking LOTM instead!

(Just givin' ya a hard time, Light!)

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 27 2007 :  09:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fixed title!!!

Ok ... I hate to break ranks, Obi, but after watching this phenomenon for so long, the film does something to females. It IS a chick flick ...

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 27 2007 :  10:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I really think that you need a 3rd category in this poll. Obviously, the movie appeals to both sexes. That's why the membership on these boards is nearly equal between the two.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 27 2007 :  2:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Ok ... I hate to break ranks, Obi, but after watching this phenomenon for so long, the film does something to females. It IS a chick flick ...

"You, suh, are a traituh to youah gendah!" (he said in his most outraged Southern drawwwwl)

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 28 2007 :  2:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

... Snipped ...
No there is no safe answer such as "dunno". Sorry y'all but we want a grande finale!

As of right now, the finale is looking pretty grande to me, MoonLight! (The Nays are whomping the Yeas 8-3!)

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  12:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
]"You are a sad, strange little geezer and you have my pity."(I Toy Story)

The odds are in your favor for one reason and one reason only...they all know it's truly a chickflick but they pity your innocence and since you're a geezer (and an ) they don't want to give you a heartattack by exposing the truth!!! HA!

And I still don't like the safe answer theory. Never liked strattling the fence. Let your yes be yes and your no be no.

And the men and women being nearly equal...apparently one out numbers the other and according to statistics women have always held a greater number in population. Thank you Mother Nature!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  12:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well my post doubled again. Sorry!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2007 :  1:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well my post doubled again. Sorry!

Sure you are Really trying to get that top poster spot back aren't you Light

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  2:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops! You found me out!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops! You found me out!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  2:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aaaaccchhhh!

There it goes again!
Dang!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2007 :  5:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cheater, cheater. You'll do anything to take the top spot won't you Light????

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2007 :  6:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

].....SNIPPED.....

The odds are in your favor for one reason and one reason only...they all know it's truly a chickflick but they pity your innocence and since you're a geezer (and an ) they don't want to give you a heartattack by exposing the truth!!! HA!

.....SNIPPED.....

And the men and women being nearly equal...apparently one out numbers the other and according to statistics women have always held a greater number in population. Thank you Mother Nature!

As far as your theory of why the NAY are winning so handily, all I can say is .

Aw c'mon, men & women aren't "nearly equal"; men are vastly superior!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  9:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That too is all in their mind. Take a good look at the world. Politics - men invented. Make love, make war - men invented. Migrating all over the planet in conquest to seize and conquer! - men. All of our presidents - men. What a mess!
Not just that but every kind of major female problem has the word "men" somewhere in the middle.
Superior? Think not.

If they are superior let's see them pop out a few kids.

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 04 2007 :  5:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Has anyone else noticed that, since MoonLight's pet crackpot theory is going down in flames (at this point in time it's 11-5), she frantically tries to change the subject?

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - February 04 2007 :  7:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Make love, make war - men invented.

One of those things ain't bad, but I'm not saying which one.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 05 2007 :  10:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Has anyone else noticed that, since MoonLight's pet crackpot theory is going down in flames (at this point in time it's 11-5), she frantically tries to change the subject?

She's getting desperate now Obi, what else can she do but change the subject.

I think we should all just call it whatever we like although there should be a name for something in the middle of a chickflick and a guy movie. A name for a movie that appeals to both sexes equally. I just can't think of a name though for a movie like that

IG

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 06 2007 :  12:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Cheater, cheater. You'll do anything to take the top spot won't you Light????

Please click on the link below. It goes a completely different forum than this, but the doesn't the name of this particular thread seems to have some relevance to certain posters here at the Mohican Board, nest ce pas?

Clicky here: http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,2142.0.html
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: where can i see the Alice/Uncas romance?? Topic Next Topic: what do you think of the book last of the mohicans?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.58 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07