The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 5:20:23 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Who's who?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Magua and Alice Topic Next Topic: Favorite Characteristic Poll
Page: of 2

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 07 2006 :  1:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah Uncas just ran up the hill willy-nilly to be killed by our boy Magua.

But Obi he looked so darn sexy and hot running up that hill don't ya think

PS--Uncas-bashing is so much fun, don't you think?

Actually no

Later 'ole Geezer

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 13 2006 :  3:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
well, since Irish has been bashing you for about a week now I might as well jump on the band wagon!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 14 2006 :  6:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would like to think I have the ferocity of Magua, but I really am more like Uncas in one vital aspect.

Too shy or somehow inhibited, and thus never gets together with Alice.

We become what we think about.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 17 2006 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! It's been a while since we've heard from you DW! We've missed you - welcome back!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 19 2006 :  11:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

So it's interesting that everyone who's voted so far has picked either Hawkeye or Cora. I picked Cora too, but was tempted to say Magua just for fun.

Welcome to the board RedFraggle!

What's wrong with multiple personalities? Personality style is not gender-specific. So if Magua's personality fits you, "you go girl" and have fun with that persona as well as Cora's!

We become what we think about.

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 19 2006 :  9:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome, Dark Woods!

And I totally agree that there's nothing wrong with multiple personalities! If there was, I think I'd be in big trouble. I like to think I'm the quiet type, but sometimes that "Screaming Huron Lady" or even a little "Magua" pops out. Just depends on how long I'm stuck in traffic, how much my students aggravate me, etc.!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2006 :  2:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My wife says I have two personalities: BAD & WORSE ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 20 2006 :  5:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Added those choices to the poll.

This is a tough one to answer ... will do so one day -- when I make up my mind!

OK. So, I made up my mind. Trouble is, I had to add my answer to the poll choices. AH! The wonders & privileges of being the webmaster!!

So, who is most like me - or vice-versa? Captain Jack [and, no, I don't mean Sparrow!]. He is more pragmatic than our other heroes. He is vocal & meets the challenge, but though loyal, is open to change. I like that ONE he leads the militia to the source, General Webb, for beneficial terms and TWO that he had the good sense to get the hell out of there [FWH] when it became obvious that they'd be more useful elsewhere. Sly sense of humor, too!

So, yeah, we'd all like to be the dashing, heroic Hawkeye et al, but no ... Jack Winthrop. That'd be me!

Rich
Mohican Press

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2006 :  6:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ohhhhhhhh, I'm thinking we're gonna have to get Jack Winthrop (aka Edward Blatchford...be still my heart) to the next gathering to make an "up close and personal" comparison...in the interest of science and all that!!!!

GG

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2006 :  6:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just had the best laugh when I went back and looked at the poll...there are 4 screaming huron ladies!!!!!

I had to say Alexandra Cameron, not that I am so much like her, but would LIKE to be like her...I mean HECK - she had all the good guys sitting around her table!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 20 2006 :  10:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey! I'm a screaming Huron Lady! YOU GOT A PROBLEM?!!

Rich, love your response but can't believe you CHEATED!

I love being a screaming Huron Lady!!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 26 2006 :  5:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey! How come no one wants to be Col. Munroe?

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 26 2006 :  7:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

The Tin Man of Oz said it best: "If I only had a heart..."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 29 2006 :  09:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

The Tin Man of Oz said it best: "If I only had a heart..."

It is to laugh!!!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ok I tried to vote as honestly as possible so I went with Magua. Although he was the bad guy, it is fair to say that his evil was the direct result of a wounded and scarred heart. I have to say that when my heart gets wounded my evil side does tend to make it's debut most unwelcomely.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I can definately see where you're coming from Dancer. But I sometimes wonder if Magua was really the "bad" guy in this movie. I know w/out a doubt that if my life was destroyed in such a way I too would want revenge and the majority of the populace would side with that because of the devastating circumstances.

Case and point:
About 2 years ago there was a local woman whose young boy was molested and raped. At the court hearing the suspect was laughing at the boy's witness and mocking the charges. When the trial continued into the next day the mother went inside the court, pulled a handgun and blasted the guy away (How she got the gun in court no one knows) but the public petitioned against the murder charges they brought upon her. So many people had signed that petition and they were required under law to release her w/all charges dropped.

So apparently, Magua (in today's society) would not have been seen as evil. But hey, every movie's gotta' have a bad guy.

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Magua is dismissed of all charges due to temporary insanity!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:45:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why not? Everyone else is anymore.

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
True...our system seems to have gone soft!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

Magua is dismissed of all charges due to temporary insanity!

Well Chingy took matters into his own hands and sure gave him the "death penalty"

IG

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah but that death penalty was probably a lot worse than the electric chair or anything else we use today. Maybe the system of the past had the right idea and we are just being too easy on our criminals....crime has gone through the roof over the centuries and the punishment for the crimes hardly seems fair anymore.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 13 2006 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Irish...let's field study this one.
You rob the bank and I'll drive the get away car! Tee-hee.
Dancer you can be the gun man and Red can be the attorney to get us off the hook!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Magua and Alice Topic Next Topic: Favorite Characteristic Poll  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.5 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07