The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:28:28 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric's Web Site
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Michael Greyeyes on TV Topic Next Topic: What LOTM soundtrack is better?
Page: of 2

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - September 03 2006 :  6:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Free speach? There is no free speach in Mohicanland! This is a monarchy ruled by King Richfed. His word is the law. Just like 250 years ago.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2006 :  7:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Keep the peace sure but whatever happened to free speech?

IG,
I don't think that it is a matter of free speech. I think that Rich probably just doesn't want his website known for bashing other sites.
I've been to Eric's site a few times and I honestly thought that it is a pretty good site. I don't go there often, but I like to read up about Eric every now and then. The Studigroup site is very well done too. Again, I go there every now and then to keep up with Wes because he is a great actor and all around good guy. BUT, none of them compare to our Mohicanland. Rich really does have the best site of all in my opinion!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 03 2006 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

Free speach? There is no free speach in Mohicanland! This is a monarchy ruled by King Richfed. His word is the law. Just like 250 years ago.

Rich, are you hearing this?
All hail King Richard!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2006 :  11:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaylynn44

IG,
I don't think that it is a matter of free speech. I think that Rich probably just doesn't want his website known for bashing other sites.

I've been to Eric's site a few times and I honestly thought that it is a pretty good site. I don't go there often, but I like to read up about Eric every now and then

If you want to find out news about Eric then his site is the last place to go as there is never much news about him on there.

The Studigroup site is very well done too. Again, I go there every now and then to keep up with Wes because he is a great actor and all around good guy. BUT, none of them compare to our Mohicanland. Rich really does have the best site of all in my opinion!!!

Hey I was just kiddin'

I totally agree about Wes's site. I go there myself to check up on this great actor and man who takes time to visit his board and answer questions and stay in touch with fans. They know how to run a board over there and a actually tell us what is happening with Wes.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2006 :  11:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich this is a great board too and you definitely know how to run a board. Great job but forgot to mention it in my last post.

IG

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 04 2006 :  01:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey I was just kiddin'

OUCH!!! You don't have to hit me over the head, ya know. But I am glad that you were just kidding. I guess that I just get a little defensive because I do love this site and members so much.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 04 2006 :  4:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey kaylynn
Just thought I'd jump on the band wagon!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 04 2006 :  6:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey kaylynn
Just thought I'd jump on the band wagon!

SHEESH!!! I'm feeling a little beat up today. I guess that some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.
I love y'all anyway!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - September 04 2006 :  9:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Well certainly is a lot of Eric bashing going here. The man is definitely too private or perhaps the word "weird" might be more appropriate. He is just different but I do feel he does not give his fans what they deserve. Look at Wes's site. He gets on there and answers questions from his fans from time to time and they regularly tell what he is up to. I, for one left a birthday message for him on his site, in the appropriate thread I might add. The Liason was to give all messages to him. Well guess what, he has not even gotten on and posted his thanks for all the well wishes he received or anything. Imagine that. He should at least acknowledge that he received them and enjoyed them. He is never on his board it seems. Other boards are more "fan friendly". They need to put new pics of him on there. I thought of joining at one one stage but the "interrogation" you have to go through to join is ridiculous. I did not bother. I agree that he could be "greedy" as he turned down Buffalo Hump in Comanche Moon probably for money reasons. Why else would he turn down such a great role. If it was good enough deal for Wes Studi, who is a much bigger name to take on, then why would Eric not take it other than they would not fork out enough dough. Just my two cents worth or perhaps more like dollars worth here. I still love Uncas and like Eric and will follow his career but please ERic wise up and give us fans something.

Irishgirl, I did not quite expect to hear so many negative comments about Eric's website from you and I'm even more surprised by your remarks about Eric himself..

What got into you??!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 04 2006 :  10:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
raindrops I stand by all I said. I love Uncas and always will and follow Eric's movies but as a fan I am disappointed by his "secrecy". He does not have to be so private and really does need to "share a little" of what is going on in his life with his fans. His board is really quite boring and badly run but we won't go into all that again. Have you been to his board and don't you find it strange that there is never any new news on there about him and he never visits it or posts very much?. I think perhaps if I was to meet the "man" himself I may not like him very much. I like him as an actor and find him "attractive" obviously but he is starting to put me off with all this "privacy" BS. Enough said.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - September 05 2006 :  02:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why are these Hurons not registering if theyre going to make so many contributions?

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Liaison
Lost in the Wilderness

March 07 2004

Posted - September 05 2006 :  10:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Liaison's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good morning to you all.

Unfortunately, I was just made aware of this thread and do not have time to post as I want to right now.

I will address a few things I saw posted here. Yes, Eric smokes. That is a personal choice of his. Yes, he shows his "real" self unlike so many actors who only show you the side that is made up by their Publicists. I have metand know plenty of these actors pesonally. They laugh constantly behind the back of their fans because the fans "believe" this made up persona. Eric is far from perfect however, he does not pretend to be something he is not.

Next, as far as the abuse he suffered as a child, I will not even address the "opinions" I have seen here. You have no idea of his life as a child nor should you. It's something that should be kept where it belongs, in the past. It was very real and you are absurd if you think you would be able to see his "scars" on film, sigh.

As far as his reasons for turning down Comanche Moon,had you read what was posted about that you would know why he turend it down. It was because he is tired that non Native actors are offered far more for salary than native actors. If you work in this industry at all you would know this to be true. On principal, Eric refused to take the role for what was offered. He encouraged many others to refuse for the same reasons, but he also understands that everyone needs to eat.

So many of you are so fickle. You refuse to give your real names and hide behind a lurker status. Why so afraid? Next, if he does a movie that is let's say, a B movie. Not a great script but he does it because he needs to eat, then you trash him because the movie sucked and he took it anyway. If he holds out from doing a movie because he feesl that NA actors deserve to be recognized based on their merit and not just when Hollyweird decides to do a movie where they need a bunch of NA actors, then you trssh him for being greedy. Sheesh, make up your minds.

Oh and the bit about Russell Means is so old now. When was that comment made? About ten minutes after the shoot of this movie which was 15 almost 16 years ago now. Russell was a different person then and so was Eric. I won't get into the whole thing but Eric was at least a gentleman and kept his mouth shut about all that occured.... therefore you know one side of a story, so don't judge.

As far as what you think of me, LOL. At least when I go somewhere, I use the name I am known by everywhere. I don't hide. All the rules on our board come from Eric. IF you don't like them, then you should stay here where you belong, hiding. You know, change is never effected unless you stand up and ask why instead of just passing judgement.

Everyone out there thinks they can do so much better. Everyone out there thinks it so easy. Ask Rich who runs this massive site, or Carter who runs Wes' board. They will give you the "real" scoop.

Lastly for now, I'm sorry so many of you do not like the real Eric. I am sure he will be just crushed to hear this news. Mind you, since he has no computer, it is likely he won't know this news unless I tell him, but frankly, while he cares about his fans, he can't stand the fake, phony people out there who only love their "Uncas" fantasy of him. He is a eery intelligent, kind, honest man. He is not perfect. He smokes, he swears and he tells the truth till it hurts. If you feel that I only tell the great about him, maybe you should read our board more often. I tell the truth about him. If you don't like that, then as I said it is indeed best for you to stay here and hide behind your lurker names.

Either way, you all are still welcome to read our board. MOre later.

Liaison

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2006 :  12:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can understand wanting to know more about Eric and wishing he was more available to his fans, but why the nasty comments about the man and his administrator? There are a lot of actors who guard their privacy and if you feel you deserve to know more than they are willing to share you can vote by choosing not to see their work. Frankly some actors tell me more than I truly care to know!!

Liaison runs the board the way she thinks is best and with Eric’s approval. One can choose to participate or not. But please, no personal attacks. Please don’t put Rich and his moderators in an uncomfortable situation. As Kay said, please don’t turn this board into a place where others administrators or boards are trashed. Eric may want privacy, but trashing him is not going to make him want to be more open. And board administrators have feelings, believe it or not.

Liaison, I hope you are not including Wes in the list of actors who laugh behind their fans back. I’ve known Wes for a long time and realize he is not perfect. And though I too was sorry to hear that Eric turned down the role in Comanche Moon, Wes was very satisfied with what was offered to him. Suffice it to say, Wes made more in a few days work than most of make all year. However, Wes always welcomes what Eric has to say about native versus non-native actor pay.

Carter

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2006 :  12:48:27 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear Liaison,

As a board moderator here in Mohicanland, I would like to offer my own apology to both you and Mr. Schweig. This thread has gotten way out of hand, and I have to admit to you that I was caught napping. You see, I have become so very weary of reading all of the "Hot" Eric posts, that I tend to overlook many of them. Obviously, as a board moderator I cannot do this.

My own personal opinion is that Mr. Schweig is a very good actor, who just happens to also be a very handsome man. I do not, however, idolize him, nor do I fault him for anything in his personal life. And I definitely respect his right to privacy. I wish I could say the same for some of the others on this board.

Please accept our deepest apologies, and if you do decide to share this thread with Mr. Schweig, please convey our apologies to him as well.

Sincerely,

Wilderness Woman
Board Moderator

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - September 05 2006 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just adding my humble opinion

Liasion:
First of all I'm a fan of Eric's work, all of it....I first saw him as Uncas, as did everyone else, but have seen most of his other movies and admired him as Pike, Rudy, Buffalo Hump, Chidin, Wildcat, Joseph Brandt, the list goes on. I think he is a wonderful actor, who has much more depth than he's been able to exhibit in most of his roles. But one cannot pick and choose one's past, good or bad. I can see why he's not exactly proud of his role as Uncas (he had more shots of his butt than he had spoken lines) but that IS the role that put him out there to get further roles. So, some people are fixated on that one role and refuse to see him as any other, at least they admire him for something. They are as entitled to their opinion as he is.
As for Eric's site, I at one time wanted to join, but did not want to give out personal information to do so. While you have every right to run the site the way Eric wants you to, it just seemed a little strange to me to require full disclosure from someone who's just going to post on a site. If you end up not liking the direction in which someone's posts are going, ban them.
As for Eric being uber-private, that's his choice. He is an actor, though and as such is subject to scrutiny by the public. I'm not saying it's fair, it's just reality. I hope he realizes, though that most fans are just curious about him because they admire him and want to know more about him. As an artist an actor and a person.
Also, WW while I did not participate earlier in this thread, I feel that people are just expressing their opinions on what I thought was a site where free speech has always been welcomed, even though I do see how some of the Lurker posts were attacks made under the cover of darkness.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Uncas: "some food"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2006 :  3:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Let's set this "Free Speech" issue aside, shall we? We all know that rules are in place everywhere, even in this country where "Free Speech" is purported to be allowed. We all know that censorship exists.

There is a major difference between offering one's opinion in an intelligent, well thought-out manner in a pleasant way, and bashing people over the head with it. The latter is considered to be rude. It is my opinion that some of the posts in this thread are rude. And one of the rules here in Mohicanland is that we will not be rude to, or bash, each other. That's all there is to it. Opinions? Yes. Rudeness and bashing? No.

My apology to Mr. Schweig and his Liaison still stands.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - September 05 2006 :  4:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Point taken on the Free Speech issue, WW, but isn't that a two-way street. Some of what Liasion said could be taken as bashing of members who post on this board. Two wrongs do not make a right....why is it ok for her to do it? That's fine is she wants to defend her site, but she should afford us the same respect we should have afforded her.

Uncas: "some food"

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2006 :  4:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WW, I'm with you, I'm so fed up with all the Uncas-drooling that I rarely pay attention to certain threads anymore. But this one is almost funny... it's pretty obvious that all the Lurking Hurons are the same person. They all registered the same day and they all say exactly the same thing. Talk about boring. Hmmmmm what has Eric ever done to you to make you so negative toward him and his website, Lurking Huron? Why not tell us who you really are?

You know this message board used to have relevant, interesting topics. This is certainly not the place for insults and bashing. Take it somewhere else.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2006 :  4:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MeggieD
...she should afford us the same respect we should have afforded her.

Don't you feel it is pretty difficult to show respect to someone who is bashing you and/or a friend? Isn't your first gut response to come out fighting?

Let's let this topic cool down now, please, and bear in mind that Rich, or any of his moderators, can lock it, if necessary.

Stephie... thanks for your support. I feel a little less alone here.

Kaya
Pioneer

January 21 2004

Posted - September 05 2006 :  4:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by MeggieD

Point taken on the Free Speech issue, WW, but isn't that a two-way street. Some of what Liasion said could be taken as bashing of members who post on this board. Two wrongs do not make a right....why is it ok for her to do it? That's fine is she wants to defend her site, but she should afford us the same respect we should have afforded her.

I have to agree with MeggieD, I felt the same type of bashing in liaison's posts and thought it was quite negative but I do defend her/his right to run Eric's board as they want it. I was disappointed that I could not join his site because I was not willing to disclose so much of my private info via cyberspace to someone named "liaison" which is obviously not her real name but a screen addy. You have my personal info - why can't I have yours?

I do have a question for liaison because I think I missed it: If Eric doesn't own a computer, how does he have online chats with his fans?

Liaison
Lost in the Wilderness

March 07 2004

Posted - September 05 2006 :  7:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Liaison's Homepage  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good evening to you all. Hope everyone had a productive and pleasant day.

WW, our thanks to you for your kind words and your apology. It is more than accepted. I will pass that onto Eric from you, Rich and most members of this site. Eric and I have had a good relationship with Rich over the last few years. We have even donated to causes that Rich has raised money for over time and we have done so happily to help out. No worries about napping on the job. We could all use a few more zzzzz's these days, LOL. With how busy this site tends to be and with all the verbosity here, well, I don't think that anyone could keep up with it all, LOL.

To those who felt my words were too harsh or mean, my apologies. My words were honest, frank and mostly were directed to the lurker(s) out there more so than to the regular members here. I don't care much for those who do hit and runs AKA sock puppets, no matter who they may be.

Carter, I was not speaking of Wes. I was not even necessarily speaking of NA actors. I have a wide range of people I know, including many non NA actors. Actually, there are more non NA actors that don't even have official websites at all. That always amuses me. When I look at the amount of NA actors, the majority of the top ones that have Official websites, percentage wise, it is staggering compared to non native actors. As far as what Wes accepts for pay is his business. No one else can ever put a value on another's self worth. Self worth is always a very personal and individual decision.

KayLynn, thank you for your kind words as well about how to treat other people, no matter who those people may be or from where. Sometimes those that are the voice of reason get attacked. It's never easy to lend that voice. There is always someone out there that won't like your words.

Kaya, in response to your question about how Eric does his online chats, he borrows a computer and generally a typist as well. Anyone who knows much about Eric knows the one thing he does not do well is type or handle the whole computer/online thing, LOL.

The reason you may not have my personal info although we ask for a real name and phone number from those seeking membership on our board is that we have had one too many issues with true and actual stalkers in real life, involving police and other agencies. Because Eric's safety and that of his family, loved ones and friends over the years have been put at risk. Because I do represent several actors and because safety is always our first concern, I do not give my real name except to those I have known online for many, many years. Is that a double standard? Yes, it is indeed. Do you have a choice to give your information or not? Yes, you do. You chose not to give yours and I respect that choice and certainly understand. By the same token, had you provided me with that information, no one, not even our Administrators would get it from me. It is ALWAYS kept confidential.

We ask for names and phone numbers due to many tragic events on our board in the past. Not just fights as those are minor issues and rarely are they tragic. I mean truly tragic circumstances. One that comes most to mind was a lovely lady known only to us as Tammy. She disappeared suddenly and we had no way to reach her to find out what happened. Finally, we were informed, finally, that she had died very suddenly. She left behind many online friends feeling empty and sad by this sudden departure and no closure in regard to their friend.

We also do take numbers and have on many occasions helped to put people together in times of crisis such as during the numerous hurricanes in Florida last season.

And yes, we have also been able to control a lot of the fakers from coming in and polluting our board or from doing "hit and runs" on our site. We don't like to see any other actors or their Netreps getting trashed on our site. No more than Rich or his moderators like to see it

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 05 2006 :  8:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And on that note, we'll lock this thread ...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Michael Greyeyes on TV Topic Next Topic: What LOTM soundtrack is better?  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.5 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07