The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 5:20:05 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Uncas Hotter than Hawkeye
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Another blooper? Topic Next Topic: Downloadable LOTM soundtrack...?
Page: of 2

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 29 2004

Posted - May 29 2004 :  03:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are many people that debate who is hotter, Uncas or Haweye. Although Daniel Day Lewis is a babe, Uncas does it for me. He has that whole "Angel" thing going on...you know, strong and silent? He also has an innocence about him thats very attractive! So, let me know ladies, who do you fancy?

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
report to moderator

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - May 29 2004 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 29 2004 :  12:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was sitting here thinking about how to answer this question, and I began remembering the first time I watched the video and my reactions to the two men.

I remember that the first time a close-up of Eric's face was shown, it nearly took my breath away. I thought, "This man is absolutely the most beautiful Native American man I have ever seen in my long life." I still think that when I watch the movie. But I really don't think this new term "hot", that is severely overused to describe every man who is handsome and sexy, fits Uncas. Uncas is sexy, yes, but not in a "hot" way, to me. Gentle, kind, loving, caring, brave, and handsome... these characteristics are all far sexier to me than just being "hot." Am I showing my age? Perhaps. Or perhaps I just feel there are more important features in a man than being so physically attractive that every woman wants him to park his moccasins under her bed at night.

Interestingly, I did not have the same reaction to Daniel when they showed his face. Not nearly as handsome, to me, yet I immediately could see and feel the strength of character, the steely calmness and determination, the feeling that when he found just the right woman... that would be very quick, very deep, and it would be forever. Was that appealing and sexy to me? Oh, yes.

So.... who is more appealing to me? It's a toss-up.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Lurking Huron3088
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 29 2004 :  1:28:14 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it's totally up to personal preference..
I think both are of equally high calibre...
Hawkeye is kinda like a tornado ..he just blows you away..
while Uncas was the one that I found very attractive....strong, silent.. protective..... But I have always been a sucker for these qualities... yeah..he's definitely hot..but what totally nailed him for me was how he cared for alice...

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - May 29 2004 :  7:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, for me..it's going to UNCAS! Like you said, I also love the silent, innocence about him. Not to mention, how much he cared and loved Alice enough to die trying to save her. If his completely adorable personality isn't enough, he is the best-looking thine I have ever seen! :) I love that man! LOL.

Miss Munro
Pathfinder

Sweden

May 04 2004

Posted - May 30 2004 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Miss Munro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hawkeye!!!
From the moment I saw him in the bigining in the movie I knew he's goin' to be my favorite...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkeye Cora

"Do you love me? Or you're not the loving kind?"

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - June 02 2004 :  12:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Each man is equally "hot" in his own way. Hawkeye in a obviously bold, strong, handsome, way; and Uncas in a quiet, beautiful, sensitive manner. Does that make sense?

What you give of yourself is priceless.

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - June 02 2004 :  8:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
~*~*~*UNCAS*~*~*~
---He is such an innocent, caring, sensitive, brave, strong, BEAUTIFUL MAN!!! I mean...what more could you really ask for??

oxUncasLuvrxo
Pathfinder

USA

July 07 2006

Posted - July 10 2006 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
UNCAS!!!
He is the sexiest man to ever grace the screen! HE IS SO MUCH HOTTER THAN HAWKEYE! Uncas is just sexy. That's the only way to put it! I Uncas!!

"Whoever says sunshine is pure happiness, than they have never danced in the rain."

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 10 2006 :  7:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
UNCAS

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 11 2006 :  05:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gee ... who went looking for this old post?

Lady of Glencairn

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - August 02 2006 :  1:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
UNCAS!! Much more beautiful, much more sexy, MUCH MORE hot. And much more manly and bold i think.

Batawana
Pioneer

The Kiss 2
USA

April 03 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 02 2006 :  8:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
on Monday Hawkeye.... on Tuesday Uncas...on Wednesday Hawkeye...on Thursday Uncas...on Friday Hawkeye...on Saturday Uncas...on Sunday Hawkeye.......

Lets see that is 4 for Hawkeye and 3 for Uncas......

Hawkeye wins always

Carolyn B

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 03 2006 :  03:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Batawana

on Monday Hawkeye.... on Tuesday Uncas...on Wednesday Hawkeye...on Thursday Uncas...on Friday Hawkeye...on Saturday Uncas...on Sunday Hawkeye.......

Lets see that is 4 for Hawkeye and 3 for Uncas......

Hawkeye wins always

Carolyn B

Or you can always make time for both of them on one day ... !

Lady of Glencairn

Lurking Huron2661
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 22 2006 :  08:18:50 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

but i think to each man his individual... Uncas is sooooo handsome... he is those kind of men who are silent and supportive that kind of thing. hes my personal favourite. but of course daniel's also quite cool in his own way too. so, its just up to you to decide

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 22 2006 :  8:26:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Diane B.

Hawkeye!

-----------------------------
Not!
Definately our incredibly tall, dark, handsome, silent yet tough, manly, can't enough of looking at him the rest of our lives, dream about touching him in every way imaginable, UNCAS!!!!

See for the first time:
Reaction:
Feeling:
Hearing:
Thinking:
Realizing he's spoken for:
Continue Dreaming:

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 22 2006 :  8:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, Y'all I do know this is an older post! Nothing like a resurrection!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 23 2006 :  3:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A friend of mine sent me a link for this site and I registered. It's funny because she hasn't as of yet, lol. Anyway, this post counts for one vote for each side. She is gaga over Hawkeye, and she's welcomed to him. I have always loved Uncas. He's compelling. He's male beauty personified. It has nothing to do with his race other than gifting him with everything that I want in a man.

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 28 2006 :  07:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TBug

A friend of mine sent me a link for this site and I registered. It's funny because she hasn't as of yet, lol. Anyway, this post counts for one vote for each side. She is gaga over Hawkeye, and she's welcomed to him. I have always loved Uncas. He's compelling. He's male beauty personified. It has nothing to do with his race other than gifting him with everything that I want in a man.

Bear in mind that he plays a 'character' in this movie ... it might have nothing to do with who he is in real life.

Lady of Glencairn

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 28 2006 :  5:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I am well aware of the difference between lusting/loving the character rather than the actor portraying the character. It's much easier to love the character imho. It's the character to which I am refering. Characters never let you down, never leave dirty underware everywhere, never scratch, pass gas or otherwise embarras you in public. They always save you from the bad guy and slay the monster.

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 29 2006 :  04:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
True. Thats why theyre the perfect candidates for us to fantasise about ... they never disappoint and for some reason even their flaws make them more attractive, when in reality that would probably turn us off.

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2006 :  5:28:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well us married women would not trade our hubby's or their "baggage" for anything. Having said that it is still fun to fantasize about Uncas and other hot NA men. We may be married but we are not dead....yet.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 30 2006 :  03:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So true though. Im single too and the men of my general acquaintance leave a lot to be desired. *sigh* But, I remain hopeful that the 'right one' is still out there!!

Lady of Glencairn

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 30 2006 :  09:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey don't give up Lady, Mr Right will come along eventually. I had to kiss my share of "frogs" too before I found my "Prince". You should have TBug hook you up with some NA men since she knows some or at least "has access" to them. You could start an email romance with one of them...heehee Who knows what way that would turn out. Maybe she knows an Uncas look-alike, doubt it though as she would have snapped him up for herself by now, unless of course he is a complete jerk.

IG

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 30 2006 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Ladies." I think we have all gotten the message, ad nauseum, regarding the way you all feel about Eric/Uncas.

I must ask you, yet again, to please remember that this is a family board and we do have young people who "live" and visit here. Additionally, there are some of us older residents who are offended by inappropriate terminology.

Please... feel free to use any words and sexual references you wish in private messages or emails to each other, but it is not welcome here on a public board. The offending message and words have now been deleted.

Wilderness Woman
Board Moderator

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

TBug
Pathfinder

USA

August 16 2006

Posted - August 30 2006 :  1:54:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Maybe she knows an Uncas look-alike, doubt it though as she would have snapped him up for herself by now, unless of course he is a complete jerk.

LOL, if I ever saw a man that looked like Uncas, you better believe I would have snatched him up by now. All the NA's I'm familiar with are the shorter, dumpier, uglier variety. Being so close to the Mexican border has influenced the local NA's somewhat. The central American varieties are no where near as appealing as the upper Northern American kind.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Another blooper? Topic Next Topic: Downloadable LOTM soundtrack...?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.59 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07