The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 1:26:05 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Duncan
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Favorite Characteristic Poll Topic Next Topic: Wheres Russell
Page: of 3

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 25 2006

Posted - July 19 2006 :  5:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

Oh yes, back to the cloning alright. We would need quite a few Uncas's to go around everyone that wants one. Know any mad Scientists who would care to carry out our devious cloning plan??

Is there any way to sign up for it in advance?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 20 2006 :  04:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stand in line Im sure if there was a way we would be fighting one another to get our hands on one of him!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 20 2006 :  04:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness WomanLady Glen, you are absolutely correct and I apologize for confusing the two issues. There have been women on the boards in the past who called Mr. Waddington unattractive names. I guess I had them in the back of my mind and became a bit overly defensive on his behalf. Sorry!

No worries, WW! Thanks for the link though, Im sure going to check it out!

Lady of Glencairn

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 22 2006 :  2:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

One thing to be considered is that Duncan was in perfect agreement with Monro about keeping the Colonial Militia at the fort. He did not agree with Webb at Albany, and had no problem confronting a General he disagreed with. So at William Henry, he probably did agree with what Monro was doing, and far from lying to support his Colonel, he was lying to keep the Colonials there. Making the world England, as it were.

"Vive le Roi!"

Here-Here
And another interesting point of lying to keep the colonials there,
I myself would never have made the connection! You've opened my eyes to the perspective! Thanks!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - July 22 2006 :  11:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
I myself would never have made the connection! You've opened my eyes to the perspective! Thanks!

One only needs to look at things from the French perspective to gain a clear insite into Colonial America.

Vive le Roi!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - July 24 2006 :  11:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie
Light of the Moon,
You make some good points. However, admitting that things were done, no one was spared, does not mean that he clearly lied. I still think it's possible he didn't clearly understand the situation at the cabin since he didn't hear the Mohicans' conversation about it. Just a possibility.

Sorry, Stephanie, I have to disagree. Duncan didn't lie about, "Things were done, no one was spared." Consider, however, the Col. told Duncan "We are in a terrible feature of war here, best to keep your eye fixed on your duty, to defeat France," pretty much a command to deny any knowledge of the war-pary attack, thus Duncan did, in the presence of those who knew he was witness to the truth of the matter. That's where he lied, "I saw nothing to lead me to believe it was nothing but a war-party banked on theivery."
Maybe his untrained eye to native war-parties?
I just can't believe it. Duncan's a creep and a coward, but only in my own opinion. Besides that, he's rather ugly, with his bulbit nose compared to our beautiful Uncas and Nathaniel. And Ching isn't so bad looking for an old man.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 24 2006 :  12:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Light of the Moon

Besides that, he's rather ugly, with his bulbit nose...

Hmmmmm... I think it was precisely this type of statement I was referring to when I said: "He (Duncan) has been so very much maligned on this board, as has his real persona, Steven Waddington." Difficult as it is to remember at times, Duncan is just a character that is played by an actor. The persona is different... the face is the same.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but I think Mr. Waddington is a fairly handsome man. I definitely don't consider him to be ugly.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 25 2006 :  03:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

quote:

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but I think Mr. Waddington is a fairly handsome man. I definitely don't consider him to be ugly.

I dont think Steve is 'ugly' either. I think that while he might not be what some would call a heart throb, he is certainly a handsome man. But to each his own.

Lady of Glencairn

zinvor
Pioneer

Huron 2
Armenia

May 13 2006

Posted - July 31 2006 :  06:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Glencairn
[brI dont think Steve is 'ugly' either. I think that while he might not be what some would call a heart throb, he is certainly a handsome man. But to each his own.

I totally agree with you, in some scenes especially he looks very handsome indeed, there's no way i can call him ugly.

And i also think he wasn't that bad or weak, he probably was narrow minded and couldn't see the whole picture. Being an English officer and living in England he hardly could think in other way. Besides there was a war and Americans were supposed to act as any other England's subjects. Leaving the fort was from his point of view desertion and treachery so he couldn't let it happen.

I think he just did not understand that there was absolutely different life in America and acted as if he was still in England.

Anyway I wouldn't marry him. And i could hardly ever fall in love with him.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  1:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

And Ching isn't so bad looking for an old man.

I'm with you on that one Light. I think Chingy is hot for an older man. I would go out with him myself. Recently saw Russell in "Black Cloud" and he looked good in that one too. That Eddie Spears is hot as well. So many Indians, so little time.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 05 2006 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I'm with you on that one Light. I think Chingy is hot for an older man. I would go out with him myself. Recently saw Russell in "Black Cloud" and he looked good in that one too. That Eddie Spears is hot as well. So many Indians, so little time.

Irishgirl! You speak my language!!
Sorry all else for stepping on toes when I bashed Uncas, but englishmen never really done it for me. But put in the mist of the natives....all I can say is "Which one? Which one?"
Thanks for the tip off on Black Cloud, I'll be making a break to see it soon!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 05 2006 :  7:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh to be in the midst of natives. Only in my dreams I'm afraid.

Hey Light, have you seen a movie called "End of the Spear"? It is about missionaries in Equador looking to make contact with a seldom seen tribe called the "mancani" I think or something like that. Anyways, to cut a long story short I like the main actor Louie Leonardo who plays "Mincayani" the leader of the tribe. He is hot as hell as this native stud. Check him out if you get the chance. Go to the IMdb site and look it up. They have a great pic there of him to feast your eyes on. Enjoy my friend.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by raindrops

quote:

Oh yes, back to the cloning alright. We would need quite a few Uncas's to go around everyone that wants one. Know any mad Scientists who would care to carry out our devious cloning plan??

Is there any way to sign up for it in advance?

Sorry Ladies, I call SHOTGUN on this one, the rest of you will just have to stand in line!!!
This also reminds me of Tom Hanks' Multiplicity. What if our clones all turn out alternate personalities of our beloved Uncas??? What a catastrophy! I'd want the whole package, not just a particular personality!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

quote:

Hmmmmm... I think it was precisely this type of statement I was referring to when I said: "He (Duncan) has been so very much maligned on this board, as has his real persona, Steven Waddington." Difficult as it is to remember at times, Duncan is just a character that is played by an actor. The persona is different... the face is the same.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Oh to be in the midst of natives. Only in my dreams I'm afraid.

Hey Light, have you seen a movie called "End of the Spear"? It is about missionaries in Equador looking to make contact with a seldom seen tribe called the "mancani" I think or something like that. Anyways, to cut a long story short I like the main actor Louie Leonardo who plays "Mincayani" the leader of the tribe. He is hot as hell as this native stud. Check him out if you get the chance. Go to the IMdb site and look it up. They have a great pic there of him to feast your eyes on. Enjoy my friend.

Haven't seen it, but thanks again for the tip off! Think I'd like to see a bit of MAN-cayani myself (only up close and personal)

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 09 2006 :  5:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Irishgirl! You speak my language!!
Sorry all else for stepping on toes when I bashed Uncas, but englishmen never really done it for me. But put in the mist of the natives....all I can say is "Which one? Which one?"
Thanks for the tip off on Black Cloud, I'll be making a break to see it soon!

Excuse me, I meant for bashing Duncan! I have Uncas on the brain so much he just sort of popped out! Sorry y'all![<:)]

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 10 2006 :  9:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey girl we know you are Uncas crazy like some of the rest of us on here, namely yours truly. We know what you meant.

I know what you mean about the clones. I would want the original not a clone. Okay to look at but he would never have portrayed that sexy Uncas in LOTM. Heck he couldn't even dress up and relive the part for us in the privacy of our "room" Sure you know which room I speak of...heehee

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 11 2006 :  04:17:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Heck he couldn't even dress up and relive the part for us in the privacy of our "room" Sure you know which room I speak of...heehee

The fantasies you have ... LMAO

Lady of Glencairn

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 18 2006 :  11:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay to look at but he would never have portrayed that sexy Uncas in LOTM. Heck he couldn't even dress up and relive the part for us in the privacy of our "room" Sure you know which room I speak of...heehee[/quote]

Yeah, I do. It's mine!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 19 2006 :  10:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Yeah, I do. It's mine!

lol Good one Light, you got me on that one girl.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 20 2006 :  5:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
lol Good one Light, you got me on that one girl.
[/quote]

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2006 :  6:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I definitely would NOT marry Duncan!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - October 09 2006 :  11:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

LOL

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2006 :  1:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

I definitely would NOT marry Duncan!

Well happy to hear that

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 12 2006 :  02:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ya' know...I think I just may have developed a greater interst in Duncan. Maybe he is worthwhile material for a gal. I mean if the guy can take a sweltering fire and a bullet to the head just imagine all the sadistic things one could do before he'd ask to be shot!!!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Favorite Characteristic Poll Topic Next Topic: Wheres Russell  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.5 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07