The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/10/2024 1:27:17 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 lotm trivia game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD
Page: of 25

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 06 2006

Posted - November 11 2006 :  4:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
While Magua was leading Duncan and Company through the Forest, they had to stop when the ladies got tired. How far did Magua wish to continue and why??
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - November 11 2006 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Two leagues - better water?

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 11 2006 :  4:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bingo!!!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - November 11 2006 :  4:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay, this may be a bit obscure - but it's a great line! During the meeting between Monroe and Montcalm; after Monroe asks to consult with his officers, what is it that he tells his men (Duncan, et al) that he has "learned today"?

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 11 2006 :  10:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Death and Honor are thought to be the same, today I have learned they are not.

What was taken from the Cameron cabin by the War party or Natty Bumpo's party before, during, or after the burning??

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 12 2006 :  02:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wes1761

Death and Honor are thought to be the same, today I have learned they are not.

What was taken from the Cameron cabin by the War party or Natty Bumpo's party before, during, or after the burning??

"Clothes, food, water, everything was inside. They didn't take anything." To quote the ever beloved hottie NA named UNCAS

On the LOTM soundtrack, what languages are used in the song titled, 'I will find you'?

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 13 2006 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I looked up the lyrics to this song a while back because I was wondering about the languages. I figured they must be NA languages--since the film is, after all, about the "Last of the Mohicans" (go figure!)--but given that I'm not exactly fluent in these tongues....

To make a long story short, the answer is Mohican and Cherokee, if I'm remembering correctly. I hope this isn't cheating (?).

If that's right, here's another question:

It seems our boy Uncas has time to change his shirt a few times in the course of the movie. What color shirt is he wearing when we first see him clothed? What color does it change to? (And by the way, it changes back to the original color after the William Henry massacre!)

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 13 2006 :  2:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There were 4 languages actually.
Mohican, Cherokee, English, and French. (wow)

I think his shirt started out blue and if it went my way he wouldn't have worn a shirt at all. In the mid-section I can't really recall, green I think but not sure. Then it went back to blue. Sigh...that man looks good in any color. Except pink...think that'd scare me more than anything. Were these shirt just laying aroud in the wilderness or what?!

Okay...can someone tell me if I'm right about the colors?

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 13 2006 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Close on the colors of Uncas' shirts. He starts out with a GREEN one, which then changes to...? Hint: it's on the opposite side of the color wheel from green.

As far as where he got them from, I was kinda wondering that myself, especially since Hawkeye and Ching appear to be wearing pretty much the same clothes throughout the whole movie. Maybe it's reversible...or Hypercolor. Remember those? Ah, the junior high memories!

And while we're on the subject of inconsistencies, has anyone else noticed that Hawkeye seems to bulk up as the movie progresses? No, really. Look at the pic of the lacrosse game posted by Paazau , where he looks pretty skinny. Then look at the scene where Beams & company come to arrest him in the fort. He suddenly has these massive (well, compared to earlier) pecs and doesn't look at all the same as in the lacrosse scene. WTF? (By which, of course, I mean what the "fudge.")

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 13 2006 :  3:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh no no! It was a mood shirt!

Wanna' know what. We got ripped on this one too. I wonder if Uncas bulked up at all during the progress of the movie. Like to see it!

Ok, so I got it wrong and don't know about a color wheel anyway, anyone else out there?

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 14 2006 :  8:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No more takers on the Uncas shirt question? Well, I guess that's what I get for asking about the clothes of a man everybody wants to see sans vetements! So here's the answer:

Uncas begins the movie with a GREEN shirt, which changes to dark RED/purplish before changing back to GREEN again after the William Henry massacre.

And here's another question, this time sort of historically related:

What is the reason why the Hurons keep that one tuft of hair on the back of their heads? Why not just shave it all?

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 15 2006 :  5:32:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
They kept the tuft as a mark of pride and manhood, makes a nice scalp!!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 15 2006 :  10:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Somehow I knew you'd know the answer to the "scalping tuft" question, Wes1761! Looks like it's your turn to invent a question now.

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 16 2006 :  5:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK....What other name is Magua called by the French???

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - November 16 2006 :  7:04:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Le renard subtil? (clever fox?) At least, I think we hear Montcalm say that...?

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 17 2006 :  12:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yupper...your turn!!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - November 18 2006 :  12:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Gosh... this is getting a bit harder as we go along! :-o Well, I'll make all the Uncas ladies happy with a question that has to do with our favorite warrior... sort of. ;-) Early in the movie, when they are all sitting around the table in the Cameron's cabin - Uncas mentions that he saw a Mohawk field in their travels. Who did this field belong to, *and* for extra bonus points :-) - which side did this person eventually fight for during the Revolutionary War? Caution: the last part of the question can be a bit misleading, because MM seems to have gotten the dates a bit off for the person he mentions as owning the field.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 20 2006 :  10:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, two days and no answer! I'm going to go watch the movie now and see if I can't get the answer! Tootles!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - November 20 2006 :  11:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chief Joseph Brandt.....who was an officer for the British in the revolution.

btw = Broken Chain is an incredibly good movie about his life starring our own Eric Schweig as Joseph Brandt. Definitely worth a look.

OK, next question...

I can't think of anything new....so I'm leaving it to anyone else....Light? Redbird?? RedF?? Wes??? Help me out here...

Uncas: "some food"

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - November 20 2006 :  11:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good work, Meggie - even if you didn't go for the bonus points! :-) Brandt was a Mohawk, who actually ended up fighting with the British during the Revolution. Now, *somebody* needs to come up with a good question, since Meggie's abdicated! :-o

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 21 2006 :  07:44:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's an easy question, to get the ball rolling again:

LOTM won a single Academy Award at the 1993 Oscars. What was it for?

On a totally unrelated note, did you know that if you look up "Last of the Mohicans" (movie, not book) on Wikipedia, the second link featured is Mohican Press? Was this the doing on someone on the board? If not, kudos to the group!

wes1761
Pathfinder

Me in Ranger Green
USA

April 06 2006

Posted - November 23 2006 :  12:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit wes1761's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Was it for Best Sound??

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 23 2006 :  08:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

On a totally unrelated note, did you know that if you look up "Last of the Mohicans" (movie, not book) on Wikipedia, the second link featured is Mohican Press? Was this the doing on someone on the board? If not, kudos to the group!

That'd be from being here taking up space on the Internet for nearly 10 years. On this site, there are literally thousands of web pages, images,sounds, etc. - and that is NOT counting anything Board-related - that make it very easy for those little spiders [that index the Web] to find us. Longevity, content, and regular submission to search engines ranks us high in a lot of places.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - November 23 2006 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wes1761

Was it for Best Sound??

No, it was for Eric's incredible performance as Uncas!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - November 24 2006 :  06:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm...sorry, Light. The beloved Uncas didn't even get a nod. Nor did Wes Studi, for that matter. Go figure!

Anyways, Wes1761 is right as rain about the award for sound. So, shoot, Wes! It's your turn.

Oh yeah...and Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Page: of 25 Previous Topic: Performances of Daniel Day-Lewis Topic Next Topic: Gathering Fever and LOTM in HD  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.69 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07