The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 9:16:36 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 WHY JODHI MAY IS NOT FAMOUS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Another LOTM  link Topic Next Topic: About cut out scenes...  

Ongewasgone
Pioneer

Gothic Guy 2
Italy

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 17 2002

Posted - September 21 2002 :  03:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ongewasgone's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I put my Jodhi May fan site on line on April,7th, 2001.Well,in Italy there weren't,(and still there aren't)any sites about Jodhi May but mine.I remember that in January 2001,an evening,I watched LOTM,and had succeed in taping the final part of the movie.The day after,I gave a look to that scene,and thinked on Alice's face right before her jump over the cliff for a while.I told to myself:"I want to know who's this actress".She was beautiful,but strangely anonymous.That day,I didn't know anything about Jodhi May.I didn't know neither her real name.But I was right:in that image,as in life,she wants to be as anonymous as possible.
Once (and I'll never forget this),she explained:"I crave anonymity, far more than fame".Her destiny has been really strange:she had never thought "I want to be an actress", and won the Best Actress prize at Cannes Film Festival 1988 for her role in A World Apart.The only strange thing is that she was 13. A genius. Who wants to carry on as normal as possible.
As an actress,she says,it's really important to be as anonymous as possible,because people who watch the movie you're acting in,must think that you ARE that character.In her opinion,that's essencial.
Maybe she has had her greatest chance (The Last of The Mohicans) too early,or maybe she hasn't met yet the director who will give her the possibility to be known all over the world.

Maybe Jodhi May will never be as famous as a good actress should be, as famous as she deserves,but,for sure,it has been a her choice. And I agree with her.
And if someone wants to know why one of the most talented British actress of all times is quite unknown ten years after her best movie; well, count how many times I wrote "anonymous","anonymity"; and will have the answer that he/she was waiting for.

report to moderator
  Previous Topic: Another LOTM  link Topic Next Topic: About cut out scenes...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07