The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 1:21:44 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 New Thread, New Heart, New Start
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: New to Board Topic Next Topic: Dances Day!
Page: of 2

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 03 2002

Posted - March 25 2006 :  12:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Figgered I'd start a new thread so Lainey's wasn't hijacked with catching folks up on the gnomes' doings.

Betty is well, and still the best thing that ever happened to me.
We still live in Wisconsin. You know, that place where spring is the weekend between winter and summer.

She's still doing her nursing thing, and I'm still doing the craftsman thing. My youngest son got married, Betty's daughter had a son, and Betty's son had a daughter.

Had to go in for a couple stents last week. Feeling better than I have for a couple years. Seems God worked on the inside of my heart and once he got that part getting right, then took care of the outside and fixed that too.

For the last year, we've been going regularly to a church we really have come to love. It's been good for me. Taught me my place and purpose in the world, and has given me peace of heart and mind. And shown me a lot about myself that needed changing. Yes, it's one of those maligned fundie churches, and I won't prosyletize, but it's been the plank missing in the platform upon which I've stood. I've gone from a doubter for 40 years, to a believer.

Main thing is, to all I've ever said an unkind word, to all I've ever judged or ranted at, forgive me. I am sorry. From the heart. It is NOT my job to judge others, cram them into MY beliefs and reality, or otherwise impose MY paradigms on them. MY job is to work on MY heart (and faith) and that's all. Everybody has to come to their own realities and their own beliefs in their own times.
I am to love you guys, not pridefully pick fights or otherwise think myself better in some way or on some issue. And I did, and do (love you guys). When myself wasn't getting in the way of doing that.

Ah, Steph, Doc, Caitlin, Rich, Lainey, Gadget Girl and all the rest of you....we had some GOOD times and shared some love, haven't we?

It's GOOD to remember those times, and keep THAT important, says I.
All the rest of my foolishness and pridefullness was just that. I couldn't have a better and more changed heart than if UW hospital had done a transplant. God is good, and life is good, and you folks are good memories and loved friends. Forgive me for anything I ever did that tainted those memories and friendships.

How was I so stupid as to think that politics, imagined slights, etc etc etc were ever more important or even comparable to the relationships we have with other souls on this planet? All the rest of that stuff is so much background noise and of no lasting moment or worth. YOU GUYS and our dealings with each other is the ONLY lasting thing of worth in this world, or any other.

So GOOD to see so many of you old friends still around.

Bless you all,

The Gnomie

report to moderator

Lainey
TGAT

USA

May 18 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 26 2006 :  08:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
May God Bless you, Bill.

Lainey

"Fides et Ratio"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2006 :  09:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very nice message, Bill. Glad to hear you and Betty are doing well. Thank you so much for dropping in and saying hello!
PS Hi to Lainey!
Stephanie

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 26 2006 :  10:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you Lainey. Thank you cousin Smerph. Smerphs ARE cousins to gnomes. Though they DO seem to escape the evil plans and intentions of one evil Doc somehow. Maybe it's the color blue? Maybe I need to dip myself in the dye vat? Wonder if that would work??????????

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 26 2006 :  10:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Darn!

I spelled that wrong, didn't I? It's smurf. Duh.

Actually, I was just spelling it in the old English way. Right?
You buy that, doncha? Right?

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - March 26 2006 :  10:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill,

So nice to see some folks from the past pop in! I'm glad your life is happy and peaceful - and that you're health problems have been improved by the wonders of modern medicine!

When I saw your post the other day, I immediately thought of Dana. I know she was intent on getting up to visit you & Betty. Sure do miss her and her vivacious nature. But on the bright side, I've gotten to know her younger sister, Susan. A truly great gal, too, and at times the spittin' image of the woohoo woman herself!

Take care, Jayne

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2006 :  11:19:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill,
This was truly an inspiring post. If we all could feel this way, then it would be a much better world!!! I am very happy to see that you are doing well. Take care of yourself and I hope that we see you around here alot more!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2006 :  11:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill,
Actually I thought it was a clever combination of "Smurf" and "Steph", pretty cool if you ask me!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2006 :  11:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Bill! Welcome back! You (and your wit) have certainly been missed! Glad you are ok!

Carter

Doc M
Great Quack Healer of the Frontier

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 27 2006 :  12:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aww, Billy! I have missed you so! Nobody's referred to me as an evil
capitivating siren in so long I thought I'd have to give it up and
take to wearing chenille bathrobes, watching Dr. Phil, and chain smoking Marlboros. You came along just in time!

I'm so happy that you've found what you've been looking for all
these years, and that you and Betty are so happy together. Does
my old wizened heart good. Been through a lot myself (PS to
TGATL -- a long overdue letter is on its way to you) but if
I haven't achieved total peace in my life yet, I'm at least going
down the right path, kinda sorta.

Well, enough of this group-huggie sloppiness, and back to business.
My supply of Bumppo's Best Gnome Butter has become woefully low
these past couple of years, and if I'm to maintain my youthful glow
I'm going to need a new batch. Is the Gnome population willing to
work with me on this, or am I going to have to take my proposal to
the Smurfs???

Kissy, Kissy!!

Doc M

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 27 2006 :  2:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Carter! How ya been?

For Lainey. Adulations as required of the Queen.

For Kaylynn and Jayne. GOOD to see ya guys.

For the smurfie.

And for Doc.......

I know it's been said that no greater love hath a man but that he lay down his life for a friend........but my KJV doesn't seem to mention extending that to being ground up into butter in a vain attempt by some evil siren in maintaining her captivatingness. You're just gonna have to get old and toothless like the rest of us. In fact, toothless is the way I'd like to think of that hound of hell you have for a logo there. Got butter? NOT from this wee critter, you don't. Nor would I inflict your evil need on my loved smurfie cousin....and besides blue butter? Sure, and I'd love to see you turn blue, but not THAT way!

Ah Doc. You were always able to make me laugh no matter what. Gotta love that twisted and evil humor of yours. And do.

I'd give ya a huge hug, but don't like what that is behind your back there. What is that? Looks like a sausage grinder?

Doc M

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 27 2006 :  6:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wasn't that an old pickup line back in the 70's? "Is that a
sausage grinder, or are you just happy to see me???"
Never mind, never mind.

Here's a big head noogie for ya, Gnomie! *rub rub rub!*

Doc M

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 27 2006 :  7:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
PUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2006 :  10:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bill & Doc M -

Gosh you two....

I've always loved your banters...
One can never get enough of the gnome butter gathering tales... it's refreshing to see them again!

hugs and best wishes!

caitlin

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 28 2006 :  11:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those were some fun times. Old Doc Mary always seemed to get the better of me though. She always seemed to have the sharper wit, funnier repostes, earthier humor. Must come from her close cavortin' with the dibbil, I think.......How he got through her door past that Loooonnnnggggg line of near naked muscular savages lined up at her door is a mystery to me. Pulled rank maybe? I here tell he pulled more than THAT. The story goes that even THAT personage was rode hard, and put away wet by the old Doc and was no contest for her. Came away lamed, I hear. Course, the disingenious Doc M tries to say his lameness came from slipping on some overlooked gnome butter spilled on the floor, but witnesses say he looked a lot more tuckered out than from a simple fall when he left............and said personage had a decided droop to his horns into the bargain.

Doc M

Wicked Unicorn
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 28 2006 :  12:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Goodness me, Mr. Billy -- I come from a long line of gracious
white-gloved Southern wimminfolk who wouldn't hold with
consorting with Old Nick! Well, other than that one that was
hanged as a witch. And of course there was my Granny Winfrey, who
was meaner than snake spit and could have without doubt frozen hell
itself with a withering glance from her baby blues. The long line
of near-nekkid muscular savages you'll often find at my door are
merely drawn there by my essential charm and tactfulness. Many's
the chat we've all had together about nuclear physics and sech over
a nice cup of Earl Grey and gnome-buttered scones. *fan! fan! fan!* So there!!

Doc M

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 28 2006 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmmmmm. I don't think the relativity you were comparing amongst those nekkid savages had much to do with nuclear physics, but I could be unfairly judging you, I suppose....................Musta been an intense discussion. They all seemed to go in hale and dry, and come out whooped and wet. But what do I know?

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2006 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
DID SOMEONE SAY LOINCLOTH??????? No, well...I just know it was coming!

Oh Gnomie, I think that was certainly a typo. Instead of Nuclear Physics and sech, I just have to think those discussions were more in the way of *Muscular Physiques* and *sex*! We all know the Doc has ever been the sucker for a scantily clad young warrior type! Scantily clad in what? Why LOINCLOTHS of course (Breechclout, diaper, Tarzan Panties, WHATEVER!!! They ALL work for me!)

All this talk of Gnome butter and peeing in hot tubs and the like has me a bit nostalgically tearful! Sniff, Sniff!

Warms m'heart to hear you're doing well, Bill!

Spring is the season of possibilities!

GG

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 28 2006 :  5:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey GG!

Big hug to ya!

MY loincloths come with little tabs on the sides these days, in a box labelled Depends..............

An yer right. WE all know what Doc M really meant. Her reputation precedes her.

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - March 29 2006 :  11:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Your post was so beautiful, Bill. I'm so glad to know that you and Betty are happy and that you have found such happiness through God. I think just the beautiful simplicity of your words and your post and the obvious happiness that flows through them shows what happens when the love of God truly comes to someone's heart. I am so glad to see this happening for you! And so glad to know you guys are doing well!

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 29 2006 :  11:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahhhhhhhhh....thanks Christina. And you are completely right where
the happiness and peace comes from. Tis true. Rather amazing how that works. You understand. I can tell. I have a blue cousin (smurfie).....may I also include a Red sister as family?

You've got a good heart Red. You always did. It was mine that needed fixin'.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 30 2006 :  9:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well. Now see what happens when a person leaves town and goes West for a week? The Gnomes move back in and take over the neighborhood!

But... wait a minute. Something's not right here! Peace? Happiness? Love? Gentleness? This can't be the same Gnome-Dome we used to know! Just who are you and what have you done with Bill R.????

(Glad to hear you've joined The Club, Bill.)

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 31 2006 :  11:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Wilderness Woman. Yes, the old Bill has died to himself. I can't imagine anybody would want that particular Bill back in all his "glory". I know I don't. I'd much rather be in The Club!

Not to say I don't still enjoy Doc M's brand of humor, or get a kick out of that kinda interplay and such. Or am not concerned about things such as politics, etc. Just that I, and all that stuff, is in context of something bigger and more lasting.

Or, another way to say it......humans have been screwing things up since creation. MY screwups aren't more noble or less screwed up than anybody else's. Relying on myself and my ego and human nature alone hasn't worked very well. I'd have to preach at ya to tell you what HAS worked, though. I think you all got the idea so I don't need to belabor the point anyway. Suffice to say, I'm not the same Bill. Less teeth and a bigger, more peaceful heart, while recognizing that ALL of us are works in progress. Eh?

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 31 2006 :  1:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I am really looking forward to Doc M's replenished supply of Bumpo's Best Gnome Butter. I sincerely hope that you will keep me in mind should you have a small crock left after filling your own needs, Doc. We Ladies-of-a-Certain-Age need all the help we can get, after all!

But you know, Doc, I am concerned about the quality of this new batch. I mean, this gnome has apparently changed and mellowed some (if we can believe what he says), and I wonder if the end product will be less potent? You may have to adjust your receipt to compensate.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - March 31 2006 :  4:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahh, WW, how can you doubt? The gnomie has undergone renewal. Tis a peaceful, loving, untroubled wee one I am these days. Shh. Come a little closer, and I'll tell you all about it. That's it. Little closer.

GNOME BUTTER? GNOME BUTTER? I'LL GIVE YA GNOME BUTTER! HERE, HAVE SOME MORE!

The only crock that Doc M has is filled with the same old smelly stuff she was always passin out, but decorum dictates I not say the word for it. Twas hard to tell the diff between her, and her crock, both were so full of it though.

Sheesh. Thanks a bunch. NOW I have to do some penance. And I was keeping this meek and humble thing so well together until YOU came along! Scuse me while I do so (folding hands but keeping large mallet close by).

Lord, give me the strength to take no offense, to remember that I also am flawed and have said unkind things, that we all are brothers and sisters in your eyes, and please above all else give me a good strong right arm for future mallet work. And if it be your will, please see to it that one crusty old Doc M mis-steps and puts her foot in that smelly crock she keeps by her door.

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - March 31 2006 :  7:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, we wouldn't know from gnome butter around here these days, but I do hear tell that while digging a new cistern on her property, Aunt Aggie discovered a whole batch of Smooth Laddie Wax and Kilt-N-Clout Creme she'd put up and forgot about it. The world can never truly be right if there are un-smooth laddies running around and men being chafed by their kilt and clout. Give me a call. I might be able to get you some cheap.
Red

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: New to Board Topic Next Topic: Dances Day!  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.48 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07