The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 9:19:40 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Is Magua misunderstood?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Your favorite Uncas line... Topic Next Topic: What if Uncas and Alice have lived?  

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  11:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe me I hate him for killing Uncas, the hottest Indian ever in a movie but let's face it, he had a point in going after Colonel Munro. Monro was responsible for his misfortunes, killing his children and losing his wife. He was just out for revenge for the death of his family. Which one of us would not want revenge against the people who killed our loved ones. Even Chingachkook took his own revenge by killing Magua for killing his hot stud of a son Uncas. I just wish he could have killed him five minutes earlier in the movie before he killed Uncas.

IG
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  08:33:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Wilderness Woman understand Magua........ very well.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  08:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Makes you wonder what Dr. Phil would have to say about Magua and his anger issues.

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WW you are so funny. I too feel that Magua was misunderstood. On a lighter note I loved his hair.

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  09:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stephanie enjoyed your Dr Phil reference. Magua certainly had plenty of issues to sort through. He needed major therapy but then they all would after what they had just been through.

IG

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  1:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just can't relate to this "Uncas the hottie" thread. I took one look at Wes Studi and that was all she wrote. I look at Uncas and just think, "Nice hair." I guess I fall under the "Ladies love outlaws" category.

Magua didn't need therapy, he needed justice. Those that follow Judeo Christian values believe in ultimate justice, but did the Huron?

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  2:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Carter to each his own is what I say. I like some bad guys but Magua just did not do it for me. He certainly made a great villain and paid the ultimate price for his revenge in the end.

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 15 2006 :  2:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I liked Magua's hair.....I know, I'm living on the edge.....

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 15 2006 :  2:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The hair or lack thereof looked good on him I thought. Made for a good villan look. Wes Studi sure is a good actor.

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 16 2006 :  11:33:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

The hair or lack thereof looked good on him I thought. Made for a good villan look. Wes Studi sure is a good actor.

The first time I saw LOTM I had to let the whole Magua Hair-do settle in before I liked it. It was different and with all the tatoos kinda' scary.

Justice or revenge? One in the same.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 16 2006 :  2:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking of hair, I read in an Eric interview where he said that they originally wanted him and Russell to shave their heads but they did not want to. Can you imagine Uncas and Chingachkook running around hairless. The movie would not have been the same. Thankfully, they were told in the end they could keep their hair. That is one big part of Uncas's appeal that great head of hair. Eric said he had been growing his hair for 8 years and did not want to shave his hair off for anything.

IG

qasimoto
Pioneer

USA

March 11 2005

Posted - February 16 2006 :  11:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did you misunderstand Magua? No. Did you misunderstand Wes Studi? Very possibly, read his interview herein. Has a rather good belief system, I'd say. And a pretty good actor as well.

Q

qasimoto
Pioneer

USA

March 11 2005

Posted - February 16 2006 :  11:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If that were Dr. Phil's interest, I'd say he'd do well to run like hell.

Q

quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Makes you wonder what Dr. Phil would have to say about Magua and his anger issues.

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - February 17 2006 :  08:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Carter to each his own is what I say. I like some bad guys but Magua just did not do it for me. He certainly made a great villain and paid the ultimate price for his revenge in the end.

Yes, I agree. To each his own. I'm glad the good Lord made us attracted to different types. Myself, I've never been attracted to the "Ken doll" model type. "People" magazine's "Sexiest People" issue always annoys me because they only show pretty boys. Boys being the operative word for the most part. LOL

Wes typically gets killed in movies. At least in "The New World" he's still living when the movie is over.

Love,
Carter

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 18 2006 :  11:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think Wes is a really good actor. Loved him as Geronimo too. I also like him in The Broken Chain with our "hottie" again. I want to see The New World. Does he have a big part in the movie? I heard there is not too much dialogue.

IG

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 18 2006 :  12:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Magua misunderstood? Not very likely, - how could anyone who spoke as clearly as he did, and acted on those statments as clearly as he did, - be misunderstood?

you can keep "The Change"

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 22 2006 :  2:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that Magua is quite understandable. The question is whether one has to have sufficient empathy to ponder his point of view. (And for several of our ladies, pondering Magua appears to be quite the pleasant diversion.)

I think it is unfortunate that Alice and Magua did not meet under different circumstances. Give her a couple more years, and she could have fallen for "the villain".

We become what we think about.
  Previous Topic: Your favorite Uncas line... Topic Next Topic: What if Uncas and Alice have lived?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.37 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07