The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 7:32:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Your favorite Uncas line...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Coras pistol Topic Next Topic: Is Magua misunderstood?  

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2004

Posted - May 18 2004 :  3:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the movie, Uncas does not have many speaking parts. He does, however have a few. Out of those few lines, what was your favorite? My personal favorite is "People here, Mohawks, settlers, have family out there!"
report to moderator

Lurking Huron6308
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 18 2004 :  4:43:47 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Favorite Uncas line when they're in the cabin having dinner with the Cameron's after the son says "Then you'll have a boy like me." Uncas says (can't remember line exactly) "Never, you're too strong. You'll make me old too fast."

Anonymous
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lurking Huron6874
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 18 2004 :  11:46:44 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hmmmmmmmmmmmm...that's tough.
Like all of them but I do really like what he says after they have discovered the Cameron's cabin: "The mirrors, the tools, the clothes...everything was inside. Man is he HOT or what?!

Lurking Huron3087
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 19 2004 :  12:17:23 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm totally obsessed with "Get back!" under the falls...but i do have other faves..
"Why do you need the horses?"
Too easy to tracK. They can be heard for miles"
The way he says the direct above line is so matter-of-fact and cool
Love the man :)

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - May 20 2004 :  5:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
"Get Back" mmmmmmm makes me melt every time! But ya know I have to say that every word that comes out of that man's mouth was great to me!

Lurking Huron3087
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 21 2004 :  2:33:09 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
chasis_22-- read all your post..seems to me we're on the same wavelength....the "uncas" wavelength..haha..he's such a hottie with a sweet heart

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

May 17 2004

Posted - May 21 2004 :  6:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yea! He's definitely a hottie!! I love him, love him, love him!! He's sooo adorable mostly, whenever theres a scene with Alice. He shows such care for her!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2004 :  7:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He doesn't need lines... his look is enough to communicate.

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Lurking Huron3087
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 22 2004 :  05:50:09 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
'He doesn't need lines... his look is enough to communicate.'

i totally agree. Eric schweig played the part really well. And i thought Jodi May did a pretty decent job expressing herself without talking much too. especially the last scene at the cliffs... they both really rock as a pair..too bad they didn't hook up in other movies..they look great together

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - May 26 2004 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron3087

'He doesn't need lines... his look is enough to communicate.'

Like the old saying goes, "Action speaks louder that words." Uncas' actions spoke volumes.

What you give of yourself is priceless.

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - May 29 2004 :  03:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin

He doesn't need lines... his look is enough to communicate.

Caitlin, I agree! Its a pity he didnt have many speaking parts, but the few lines he did say left an impression on me, even now, 12 years later. Definitely a hot babe!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 24 2006 :  4:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about the ever-famous - "some food?"

Uncas: "some food"

Ericfan4life
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

February 23 2006

Posted - February 24 2006 :  7:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
you guys are all silly. yet, right. I dont think one word needs to come out of his mouth looking the way he does. But I was wondering if anyone has seen Broken Chain. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on his role in that movie. He is more of a main character and I am curious to know what fans thought about him.

Good things come to those who wait. So yes, he will come to me.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 26 2006 :  2:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well I just love Eric in anything. The Broken Chain was great and I thought Eric gave a wonderful performance in it. He looked very "Uncaslike" too which was nice. Young and handsome and it was nice to see him be a main character. He was the perfect Joseph Brandt don't you think? He got to show off his acting talent in this one and thankfully his character was not "killed off".

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 27 2006 :  5:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So far, in the two movies I've seen where Eric Schweig's character dies, he ends up off a cliff. I wonder if he avoids cliffs now?????

Uncas: "some food"
  Previous Topic: Coras pistol Topic Next Topic: Is Magua misunderstood?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.37 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07