The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/1/2024 2:10:04 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Historical Sites!
 Paul Revere, ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Maps of the F&I War ... Topic Next Topic: The Battle of Oriskany Anniversary.  

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 14 2005

Posted - February 14 2006 :  12:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A number of years ago I read that Paul Revere left the city of Boston $5000.00 in his will. It was to be in an interest bearing account. The only catch was that the money wasn't to be touched for something like two hundred years. However, politicians and lawyers being what they are, - found a way to break that will earler in the twentieth century, - not sure of the date. Does anyone have any info whether there's any truth to this, - or simply an interesting story with no merit? Thx. ...

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  8:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I looked through the book "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer and didn't see any mention of such a bequest. (And the author does discuss Revere's life after the Revolution.)

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 14 2006 :  8:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah, I've looked too. Over a two hundred year period, that would have increased in value quite a bit. Not to mention that $5000.00 "back then" was quite a gift.

you can keep "The Change"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  10:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bookworm

I looked through the book "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer and didn't see any mention of such a bequest. (And the author does discuss Revere's life after the Revolution.)

EXCELLENT BOOK!!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

GG

qasimoto
Pioneer

USA

March 11 2005

Posted - February 17 2006 :  12:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I sure hope not.

Q

quote:
Originally posted by Monadnock Guide

A number of years ago I read that Paul Revere left the city of Boston $5000.00 in his will. It was to be in an interest bearing account. The only catch was that the money wasn't to be touched for something like two hundred years. However, politicians and lawyers being what they are, - found a way to break that will earler in the twentieth century, - not sure of the date. Does anyone have any info whether there's any truth to this, - or simply an interesting story with no merit? Thx. ...

Previous Topic: Maps of the F&I War ... Topic Next Topic: The Battle of Oriskany Anniversary.  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07