The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 9:30:49 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Favorite Eric Schweig Movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper
Page: of 5

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 25 2006

Posted - May 05 2006 :  7:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you very much MeggieD and Irishgirl, now I shall start my search for those gems

In Scarlet Letter Eric's character's name is Metacomet. That is all I know about his role in this film.
I found this info about "real" Metacomet (I assume that part in the film was about him):

Metacomet (c. 1639-August 12, 1676), also known as King Philip or Metacom, was a war chief or sachem of the Wampanoag Indians and their leader in King Philip's War. Metacomet was the second son of Massasoit, the chief who had befriended the Pilgrims in 1621. He became chief in 1662 when his brother Wamsutta (or King Alexander) died.

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 08 2006 :  11:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well just wanted to post my opinions on Mr Barrington since no one else has cared to comment on it. It is supposed to be a kind of ghost story, keeping you on the edge of your seat and suspensful. Well I did not care for this movie at all. I found it to be a tad boring and moved at a very slow pace. There really were not too many characters in this movie besides the three main ones Lila, Samuel and Mr Barrington. It also involved the orphanage where Lila grew up and the nuns who run it Mother Ann in particular. It left me feeling confused and still not fully aware of what had happened in Lila's past. As for the identity of Mr B, well I am still not sure on that one. If he is who I think he is, then it is just plain stupid. The character of Lila annoyed the heck out of me. She was so timid and frail looking and spoke like a little girl and Samuel the husband, played by none other than Eric, well he was just so patient with her and to me they did not have any real chemistry on screen. They seemed like a very odd couple and considering how they met and how she acted and still acts, it amazes me that Samuel would have wanted to marry this "weird, little child" of a woman. I doubt their marriage was ever consumated.

Believe me when I say I truly wanted to like this movie as I do with most of Eric's movies but no matter how I tried I could not like this one. I enjoyed seeing Eric on film as I always do but this one just did not do it for me and left me feeling puzzled with unanswered questions.

If anyone else out there has seen it then please comment as I would love to hear other people's take on this movie.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 09 2006 :  10:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I feel for ya Irishgirl, that it was such a disappointment... I can't comment or discuss not having seen it myself. Hope someone pipes up that has seen it.

On Eric's other movies, I've watched another half hour or so of Dead Man's Walk.. no more Eric so far. They're wandering thru the desert at the moment with the other Indian... what's his name again....
toying with them.

On a brighter note, I just received Squanto and Follow the River today from the States!! Can't wait to get home from work and attempt to watch them. I feel certain I'll like Eric more in these movies than I do in Dead Man's Walk.

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 10 2006 :  09:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey there paazau. Nice to see you posting again. Guess you have been busy with work and stuff but missed you on the board. Glad to see you are back. Has been kind of quiet around here of late.

I know you will love Eric in Squanto as he is very Uncas-like. I could just eat him up the little cutie. Follow The River is a good one also and definitely eye candy in this too Be sure and report back when you have seen them. Eager to hear your thoughts.

Did you ever get around to watching Big Eden

Nice to have you back as your posts are always very interesting and we need all the Uncas gals to stay strong and keep posting.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 10 2006 :  11:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Irishgirl . Thanks for the welcome back and the kind words; how sweet. I've missed everybody here as well. Yes work, and home, have been hectic of late. One of my daughters has moved back home and ruined my peace and quiet, not to mention cut in on my computer time. The only consolation is, I know it won't be forever! I love my kids, but I'm finding I love them more from a distance.

Anyways, on to the topic of our hearts, Eric... I watched a teensy bit of Squanto when I tested it out last night, but didn't see Eric. I'm guessing he doesn't play the lead role. Looking forward to watching the movie as it looks really good. (ditto with FTR) Watched a small portion of Follow the River as well, but again, no Eric yet. Patience is a virtue I am sorely lacking in... I will definitely be posting when I've watched them, but I won't even attempt to guess when that might be.. every time I do, something comes up and ruins my plans. No, I still haven't opened Big Eden and watched it either. I feel an "Eric-fest" is required, but goodness knows when.

I'll have to add the movie raindrops mentioned, Scarlet Letter, to my list of To Buy's. I don't remember hearing about that one before. So many movies, so little time...

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 11 2006 :  09:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by paazau

So many movies, so little time...

You said it girl. I am working my way through his movies quite nicely. Plenty to go yet but I will get there eventually They are all well worth the wait. Gotta love that little cutie Eric

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 15 2006 :  12:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I finally watched my stash of Eric movies this weekend. Wow! What a treat!

I finished Dead Man's Walk, and, although, didn't appreciate Eric's looks in the movie, I do believe he did a good job of portraying Buffalo Hump. The movie as a whole grated on my nerves, and I figured out it was due to Gus MacRae... what a selfish, whining, little boy!!! Strange, as I preferred Gus over Woodrow in Lonesome Dove ... I'm looking forward to seeing Comanche Moon!!

Squanto was good; a bit too "Disney", but Eric and Adam were lovely to watch!!

I enjoyed watching Eric in Follow the River as well. He's at his most gorgeous in this and Squanto(after LOTM of course!!)

Amazingly, I liked him just as much in Big Eden - his character was featured alot more, and even though his hair is shorter and he isn't portraying the stereotypical indian, he's very lovable in this. I could listen to his voice a-a-a-a-ll day. Pike is shy, sweet, and very cute! I didn't like watching the kiss at the end, so I blocked the other guy out, and did as irishgirl said; imagined it was me! worked fine!

I'd watch any of them again (and probably will), except Dead Man's Walk. Think I'll leave that for a while and go back to it in a few year's time...

Now, what's next.... Scarlet Letter, Pontiac Moon, The Broken Chain...??? What do y'all suggest??

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - May 15 2006 :  02:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

I enjoyed watching Eric in Follow the River as well. He's at his most gorgeous in this and Squanto(after LOTM of course!!)

Good on ya Paazau, Now you've really got me on tender hooks.....lol....

He's at his most Gorgeous!!!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Still, even given how 'ugly' his character was in The Missing, I still had to watch it over again........tee hee........ I know, I know, I have a serious problem.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - May 15 2006 :  09:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Paazau, I'm so glad you liked Pike. I wasn't sure you would....

Definitely Broken Chain...

Uncas: "some food"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 15 2006 :  09:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

Well, I finally watched my stash of Eric movies this weekend. Wow! What a treat!

Squanto was good; a bit too "Disney", but Eric and Adam were lovely to watch!!

Amazingly, I liked him just as much in Big Eden - his character was featured alot more, and even though his hair is shorter and he isn't portraying the stereotypical indian, he's very lovable in this. I could listen to his voice a-a-a-a-ll day. Pike is shy, sweet, and very cute! I didn't like watching the kiss at the end, so I blocked the other guy out, and did as irishgirl said; imagined it was me! worked fine!

Now, what's next.... Scarlet Letter, Pontiac Moon, The Broken Chain...??? What do y'all suggest??

You sure did have yourself an Ericfest Paazau. Must have been fun. I knew you would like all the movies. Glad to hear you enjoyed Big Eden too as it is a sweet story and Pike is just adorable I love his hair in this one and prefer it that length.

I think you should definitely watch The Broken Chain next as he has a major role in this and lots of lines. Once again, very Uncas like and DDG

I would not recommend Mr Barrington and I know you have read my reasons why I did not like it so won't go into that again. Next up for me is "It Waits" a horror movie which comes out on May 23rd I believe. Just hope he is in it for more than 5 minutes and does not get killed So sick of Eric dying in movies.

Well happy viewing P.

IG

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - May 15 2006 :  6:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
I'll have to add the movie raindrops mentioned, Scarlet Letter, to my list of To Buy's. I don't remember hearing about that one before. So many movies, so little time...

Please share your feelings after watching it. You will be the one to actually notice Eric in this film, unlike me..

Apart from my poor observation performance I really liked the story, very moving and emotional.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 15 2006 :  8:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Block out some time next week Leylana! I'll be going to the po on Friday; Saturday at the latest. You definitely have a serious problem girl! Put The Missing back on the shelf - there's better scenery coming up shortly!

Yea MeggieD, I definitely liked Pike. He was so shy and sweet.

Oh, it was extremely fun Irishgirl! I was a bit tired at the end of the day - they all had emotional aspects and I cry at the drop of a hat, so it was a bit exhausting. Well and truly worth it though! Is It Waits showing in the theatre, on tv or coming out on dvd??

Will do raindrops.

Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'm off to surf the net now and look for The Broken Chain. Maybe some site will have a 2-for-1 special on Eric's movies!!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 15 2006 :  11:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey P. It Waits is coming out on DVD on May 23rd. I read one review which said it tries to be too many things horror, romance etc and in the end it is just crap. I always prefer to see a movie and judge for myself. I believe it was originally shown on tv as I am sure I read that somewhere. Of course I will report back once I have seen it and give my own review of the movie. Some ancient creature of Native American mythology is released in the woods and is killing people and of course is after the girl Ranger who is trying to escape from her past. Eric plays someone who knows about the creature. Don't recall his name in this one though.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 16 2006 :  02:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for that Irishgirl. I found some info when I was searching for Broken Chain. Have you discovered the Internet Movie Database yet? Go to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0777760/ if you haven't already been there - it's a-a-a-a-ll about Eric and his movies!! He plays Joseph Riverwind in It Waits. It sounds good - and I don't like horror movies!

Please do, let us know what you think. The review on imdb wasn't too good either.

Sheesh! Broken Chain is a bit hard to come by!!! I finally found a site here in Oz that has ex-rental videos and they had it listed. Actually just got an email too to say it's on it's way already!!! (www.v2direct.com.au if you're interested Leylana) I was hoping to find the dvd, but the only other copies I found were US videos, which can be tricky if you don't have a tv that plays NTSC format. Let's hope this video is in good condition. I found the Scarlet Letter on dvd on an oz site too, so I might pick that one up next week. Woo hoo!! More ES!!!!!

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - May 16 2006 :  07:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Paazau
I went to IMBD, that's where I find everything on my yummy bummy's.........lol........

There is a link you can follow to see a trailer for It Waits. Did you have a looksy?

It took forever to load and really didn't look tooooooo bad, but, given that, Eric is the only name I recognised.

Not into horror movies much, I find them too predictable. The ratings I've read about this don't give it much more than a B grade. But, then again, I've heard before about excellent movies from other people and they've not been my cup of tea and also vice versa.

I think it's real personal choice. I probably will hire it just out of curiosity.

Plus, who could miss an opportunity to see our cuddly teddy bear, and believe me, if the VERY QUICK, snippet I saw of Eric was what it looked liked, he was cuddly when he made this. But, OHHHHH, the voice, deep and smooth......yummy, yummy, yummy........

Still, he'd be nice and warm on these cold wintry nights..........snicker, snicker....lol

PS: You are a gem Hon. Will set aside the weekend for some me time (Eric can come too if he likes.........lmao......)

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - May 16 2006 :  07:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Yes, Paz, .............. sigh............. u r correct......

I do have a serious problem

and I love it

..............tee hee hee

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - May 16 2006 :  10:05:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey paazau...I had to buy Broken Chain as a used VHS, and it was in perfect condition....The DVD I found was a collectors edition that was like $99.00.....I love me some Eric, but not THAT much...I hope your's is in great shape too....It really is a great movie...

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 16 2006 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It seems you can't get a DVD of "The Broken Chain" anywhere that I could see. Only VHS tapes. They have it on ebay and half.com, both new and used. Luckily I taped it years ago when it was first on the telly probably around '94 and my copy still plays great. At least your copy is on the way Paazau so you are in for a treat with this one.

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 17 2006 :  02:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey gals,

No Leylana I didn't watch the trailer yet. Gonna do so from home. (have my sound turned off on my work pc 'cause of the music that plays on some of these pages.) That's true - it comes to down to personal choice as to whether you like a movie or not. Even two people who like a movie won't like all the same things about the movie. LOL.. yea a bit of winter warmth would be nice.. As long as you know you have a problem and are comfortable with it.

That's encouraging news MeggieD. Whoa! $99. I shudder to think what that'd convert to! There was a brand new sealed vhs on sale on amazon, but it was over $90 too! I can't justify that much... Thanks... I'll let y'all know.

Hmmm half.com, you say, Irishgirl. Must bookmark that site. Haven't been there yet... it didn't arrive today, so maybe tomorrow....

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - May 17 2006 :  03:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At over $100 for a video!!! I'd want it to get up and make me coffee in the morning..........

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - May 18 2006 :  01:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At the very least Leylana! It should do heaps more for that price! Like maybe deliver the star direct to your living room!

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - May 18 2006 :  02:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

HEAR, HEAR

I'm with you.........tee hee hee hee.........

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 18 2006 :  09:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

At the very least Leylana! It should do heaps more for that price! Like maybe deliver the star direct to your living room!

Heck, I would pay a lot more to have the pleasure of Eric in my living room or better yet in the bedroom

IG

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - May 18 2006 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LMAO Irish....you're dangerous girl....

Lurking Huron2534
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 18 2006 :  5:26:29 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl
Heck, I would pay a lot more to have the pleasure of Eric in my living room or better yet in the bedroom

Me too, Irishgirl, but only in his Uncas's gear.
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.53 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07