The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 7:25:53 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Favorite Eric Schweig Movie
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper
Page: of 5

angel4uncas
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
December 28 2005

Posted - January 13 2006 :  02:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Alright all you Uncas/Eric Schweig fans, of all the Eric Schweig movies you've seen, which is your favorite (besides LOTM). Only movies in which he has a fairly substaintial role in are included.

Choices:

The Shaman's Source
By Way of the Stars
The Broken Chain
Squanto: A Warriors Tale
Pontiac Moon
Follow the River
Tom and Huck
Big Eden
Skins
Mr. Barrington
The Missing
It Waits
Shania: A Life of Eight Albums
Other
LOTM is the only Eric Schweig movie I have seen

report to moderator

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - January 19 2006 :  12:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I had to vote the Broken Chain. I LOVE that movie but it takes a second to LOTM of course.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 01 2006 :  4:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just saw Big Eden. That's a great movie. Anyone wanna discuss???

Uncas: "some food"

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - February 07 2006 :  3:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i just pre-ordered Mr. Barrington from Amazon. Has anyone seen this one?????

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 14 2006 :  1:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello guys. I am new to the board. I just love Eric in anything. Uncas is my favorite roll of all time for him. He did not say much and ran a lot but he was a star in the movie. It would not be the same without him. Just wish they had kept in the love scene between him and Alice in the cave or at least put it on the Director's Cut DVD. I recently watched him again in The Broken Chain. He is so handsome as Uncas and in The Broken Chain. Most recent movies with him in that I have seen are Skins, Cowboys and Indians and The Missing. He was great as the bad guy in the Missing but it must have been hard to make him look ugly, as handsome as he is. He gave an outstanding performance in the movie. I am waiting on Big Eden to arrive so I can watch it. I have heard it is a great movie and he loves his performance in it. I would watch him in anything. Watched Tom and Huck the other night and he sure makes a great Injun Joe. I think he looks sexy in the movie even as another bad guy.

IG

Ericfan4life
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

February 23 2006

Posted - February 24 2006 :  8:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have to say that I am a dedicated fan of LOTM but second best would have to be Broken Chain. When I watch that movie I always get the feeling that he is loving the role he is playing because in this he plays more of a leader and his words and actions are praised and so powerful where as in LOTM he kind of comes in second and follows. But I think Broken Chain gave him the oppurtunity to speak and act on something that he feels very strong about and I know I loved him in it.

Good things come to those who wait. So yes, he will come to me.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2006 :  2:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I notice "Dead Man's Walk" is not included in the survey. Has anyone out there seen it??? I just watched this mini-series and it is so good. Eric plays a fierce Commanche Chief called "Buffalo Hump" who is out to get any "white man" who may be unfortunate enough to cross his path. I just love this character "Buffalo Hump" so strong and fierce and there is a great scene where he is charging riding a buffalo and holding his lance in one hand. Any Uncas lovers like myself have definitely got to check this out. I would love to discuss the "Hump" with anyone. Eric is reprising his role as "Buffalo Hump" this coming June when they are set to shoot the next Larry McMurtry novel in the series "Commanche Moon" God, I for one can't wait to see what the "Hump" will get up to next.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on this????

IG

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  4:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll have to wait to vote until after Big Eden and Dead Man's Walk get delivered. LOTM is the only movie I've seen Eric in. (I may have seen Tom & Huck years ago, but 'not with enough certainty' to vote for him in that role)
quote:
Originally posted by MeggieD
i just pre-ordered Mr. Barrington from Amazon.

So have you gotten and watched Mr Barrington yet MeggieD?

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - March 25 2006 :  4:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mr. Barrington isn't released until the end of April. We'll discuss in May I guess.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 26 2006 :  05:17:34 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MeggieD

Mr. Barrington isn't released until the end of April. We'll discuss in May I guess.

Ahhhh, ok MeggieD. We'll put it on May's agenda.

"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 30 2006 :  11:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just saw "Pontiac Moon" last night. I was enjoying the movie knowing Eric's character Ernest J Ironplume was coming up. I liked his role in the movie and he looked very "Uncas-like" I thought. Although his part was not that long in the movie I think he contributed a lot and his character was very lovable, to me at least. After his character's departure from the movie, I really did not care that much for it. I lost interest so to speak. Anyone else seen this one???

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 03 2006 :  5:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think we all LOVE Eric as Unus but I've not been lucky enough to see him in many other roles.

But to me I think the role he played in the Missing was amazing.

I didn't believe it was him until I read up on the film.

I'm so glad I saw him as Uncas first!(For looks that is)

But for acting, his role in the missing was so believable.

They are all there, but one.
I, Chingachgook, Last of the Mohicans.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 03 2006 :  10:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LeyLana1462

I think we all LOVE Eric as Unus but I've not been lucky enough to see him in many other roles.

But to me I think the role he played in the Missing was amazing.

I didn't believe it was him until I read up on the film.

I'm so glad I saw him as Uncas first!(For looks that is)

But for acting, his role in the missing was so believable.

I am in agreement with you on The Missing. He was excellent in that "bad guy" role. He pulled it off extremely well and they sure had to work hard in the make-up department to make Eric look that ugly. You have to see him in some other movies as he is a fine actor. Uncas has a huge fan base on here but I love Eric the actor and all his other roles. I have seen quite a few of his movies and he truly conveys so much with just a gesture or even a smile or a look.

IG

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 03 2006 :  11:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello again Irish

You are so, so, so right.

He is an extremely gifted actor. He doesn't need to say a lot to portray a hell of a lot.

THOSE EYES!!!!!!!!!!

I've just been going thru LOTM virtually screen by screen doing a couple of captures to make myself a desktop wallpaper.

Just can't get away from the eyes even after so many years.

You're not kidding about the make up department. If you didn't know it you would not think it was Eric. I only hope he continues to act.

His art is BEAUTIFUL and MEANINGFUL but, unfortunately, most of us can not see it for real, so to see that beautiful face on our screens is the thing. Hey, it will do me............tee hee hee

Paula
Pathfinder

United Kingdom

May 09 2005

Posted - April 04 2006 :  08:45:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to agree with most on this thread, Eric as Uncas was absolutely stunning Loved The Missing but unfortunately just can't seem to get Broken Chain (or Follow the River) that will play Region 2 (European), plenty for Region. Very frustrating!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  12:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I share your pain Paula. Although, I have recently found out that Pioneer make a regionless dvd player (at least here in Australia). I'm going to be pricing one of those soon!! Then look out Amazon.com!!

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  09:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Broken Chain is great!!!
Although I've only watched half. If Eric falls off a cliff at the end I'm gonna be mad.

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  9:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've been hunting madly for Eric movies here in Oz and it seems LOTM and The Missing are the only ones I can find.

I've been told to try Amazon too.

It seems they weren't released here!!!!!!????!!!! "Not happy Jan!"..........lol

Paazau, have you been able to find any anywhere? Good ole Albury/Wodonga has a few video shops and all the major chain stores but they don't even know the movies when i mention them, let alone have them.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 05 2006 :  10:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi LeyLana, Yes I found Dead Man's Walk and Big Eden online thru EzyDVD. DMW was $19.95, Big Eden was $29.95. No luck on his other movies yet.. You're right it does appear they weren't released here. Their website is http://www.ezydvd.com.au. Happy shopping!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - April 06 2006 :  12:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good news LeyLana: "Tom and Huck" is available at dstore.com.au for $12.35. It's a Disney production, from 1995; dvdorchard.com.au have it for $14.95, ezydvd has it for $12.95. I've bought from dvdorchard and ezydvd - they're both reputable places. dstore most likely is too.

LeyLana1462
Colonial Settler

Saxon
Australia

April 03 2006

Posted - April 06 2006 :  02:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeyLana1462's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

You are an Angel Paazau

Thanks heaps, I shall go shopping...........lol

TTFN

PS: Did you see the post I put up about Russell's tour.

I'm hoping to find out more info from Daniella before it gets too late.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - April 12 2006 :  11:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just watched "Squanto A Warrior's Tale" last night and I enjoyed it. Eric looks very Uncas-like in this but then again it was only 2 years later in '94. He plays a character called Epinow and is DDG in this (Drop Dead Gorgeous) for those who don't know. I just wish they had given him the main character of Squanto but I guess Adam Beach beat him to it for whatever reason. Maybe they felt Eric was too well known as Uncas. Anyways, Adam did a darn good job in this and he is pretty high up on the cute and handsome scale himself. Maybe Adam or Jay Tavare could be in the running for Buffalo Hump since Eric has turned it down. Still bummed about that one. Another good Eric movie for anyone who cares to see it.

IG

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 02 2006 :  09:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay Uncas ladies, Mr Barrington has been out now for one week. I just watched it yesterday and am eager to share my thoughts on it and hear what others have to say. Anyone out there care to discuss this movie?

IG

raindrops
Colonial Settler

United Kingdom

March 25 2006

Posted - May 04 2006 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was mesmerised with Eric after watching LOTM (it was just a few months ago). I believed it was the first time I saw him - strangely as it may sound to many ladies on this forum What is more weird - I since discovered that I had watched at least two other films with Eric before LOTM but without really noticing him. I really can't understand that now..

The films I watched were the Scarlett Letter and Squanto. I liked the first one very much, I loved the story and the main characters' portrayal. When it comes to Eric in that film, hmmmmm.... maybe I had to leave the room for a while when his scenes came up..

Squanto kept me glued to the screen as well as it happens to me usually when I watch anything to do with Indian culture. Now that I know it was Eric that played Epenow I remember him but at the time I guess I concentrated my attention on Adam Beach - who is, to my defence, quite good looking as well.

So my favourite film with Eric Schweig would have to be LOTM.

I guess I should watch the Scarlett Letter and Squanto once again.

As I am underinformed here, please tell me some more about his films. In which he is most Uncas-like? And which are most worth watching for someone interested in the Indian history? I would also love to see Eric in a role in which he could really show his talent and acting skills, with more conversations, you know what I mean..

Can you give me some tips, guys?

MeggieD
Colonial Settler

Megs Avatar
USA

January 23 2006

Posted - May 04 2006 :  7:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If you want the most Uncas-like you should try Broken Chain. It's not the easiest to get ahold of but it was very good...He plays Joseph Brandt the famous chief, and is the main character of the movie...I'm not sure exactly how historically accurate it is, but I enjoyed it. Dead Man's Walk is great too. Eric plays Buffalo Hump and is very fierce and warriorlike. No English passes his lips, but the Comanche sounds good on him. Another one that is mostly just Eric Schweig eye candy is called Follow the River....It's a true story that I know is extremely historically inaccurate, but he looks good, anyway. As for a modern setting the movie Big Eden is the movie in which Eric really stretches his acting abilities....It's a sweet story and his character is wonderful. I think that is one of the movies that I have enjoyed the most.

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - May 05 2006 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by raindrops

The films I watched were the Scarlett Letter and Squanto. I liked the first one very much, I loved the story and the main characters' portrayal. When it comes to Eric in that film, hmmmmm.... maybe I had to leave the room for a while when his scenes came up

Squanto kept me glued to the screen as well as it happens to me usually when I watch anything to do with Indian culture. Now that I know it was Eric that played Epenow I remember him but at the time I guess I concentrated my attention on Adam Beach - who is, to my defence, quite good looking as well.

I guess I should watch the Scarlett Letter and Squanto once again.[:

Hey girl don't feel bad I too recall seeing The Scarlett Letter years ago and do not recall Eric even being in it. I will have to watch that one sometime soon just to see him. Do you know what his character is called and is he in it for more than 5 minutes

As for Squanto, I recently watched that one and he sure is fine playing Epinow but not many lines just his usual eye candy self for us girls to over. Agree about Adam as he is quite well put together himself. Just wish Eric had gotten the lead though but it was soon after Uncas and I guess they wanted someone new.

Big Eden is a great movie if you want to see him act really well. His character Pike is just adorable and you will love him in this. Also, although definitely not eye candy in this one, The Missing shows off his acting chops really well. He plays the evil Chidin so well and until I read it was Eric who played him I would never even had guessed it. Great job in the makeup department.

IG
Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Natives in the background Topic Next Topic: Wallpaper  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.91 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07