The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 7:18:46 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Wampum Belt
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Last of the Mohicans ABC TV version Topic Next Topic: Did They Have Three Days?  

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - August 27 2005 :  4:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a little extra money and are looking for something neat, then check this out. It's real quahog wampum. And only $300.

quote:
This is a beautiful 44" handwoven clam shell wampum belt. The overall length is 56", and is woven on leather warps by traditional Iroquois beading methods. The design is similar to "Hawkeye's" pattern in the movie, "Last of the Mohicans". It is strong enough to carry most any weighted bag, powder horn, or arrow quiver. There are over 900 clam shell wampum beads woven into this beautiful belt. Make it Yours! Bid Today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-44-Clam-Shell-Powder-Horn-Wampum-Belt_W0QQitemZ7708226059QQcategoryZ13744QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 30 2005 :  5:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
First I need to go commit highway robbery. So hold that belt. LOL
Seriously though I do love it! It would look awesome in my native american themed house.

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

blueotter
Colonial Settler

BlueOtter
USA

September 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - August 30 2005 :  11:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit blueotter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Really nice! Do you know who is selling the belt? The photo layout is really well done.

In the desciption it doesn't say that the purple shells are genuine quahog... these days you can easily buy dyed clamshell that is way less expensive. Just curious. I don't even know where you can find genuine quahog, unless you find the clams and make them yourself! I have a friend in Austria who does just that! They are really keen on American history there, and he knows more about the F&I period than most American reenactors! Just babbling.

Rose

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 31 2005 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You are right, it only says clamshell. This guy is selling some other things, but they are glass, which is correct, just not clamshell. I only know two sources of the quahog, and one died a few years back. And it's not cheap. I always wanted to make something out of it, and bought a little to experiment with, but never did. A lot of what you see is plastic. It looks good from 10 yards away.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
  Previous Topic: Last of the Mohicans ABC TV version Topic Next Topic: Did They Have Three Days?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07