The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 1:26:30 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 My girlfriend
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Happy Birthday, Diana! Topic Next Topic: Colonial Williamsburg
Page: of 2

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - August 09 2005 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Everything is going great. We live across town from one another, a 30 to 40 minute car ride, but that's no problem. Her mother is cutting off her phone time so she can only talk to me over the weekend, which I have to adapt to as I spoke to her everyday during Summer. And the lord only knows when I'll see her again. But, we share something extremely close. And I don't say this lightly when I say I believe I will marry this girl. A committment ring isn't given to you lightly without alot of thought, trust, and love behind it. But Raven totally surprised me with it over two weeks ago. During her party, I brought her a bunch of roses...and before the night was over, she said she wanted me to have this, the ring. And Sunday, we shared many more memories. Every single one brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart.

Here are a few photos from Sunday I thought I'd share.

Tell me what yall think.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - August 10 2005 :  6:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah, young love ...

I think you both look wise beyond your years!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 10 2005 :  10:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks MissChanel. Always appreciate the comments.

Raven is the most mature 15 year old I know.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 11 2005 :  1:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, me and Raven have been together for over 4 months now. And I get to see over this Saturday, so I'm excited. She is such a sweet girl.

She recently sent me a necklace so I could wear the committment ring around my neck. As of now, I'm raising money to get her a ring as well.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 13 2005 :  9:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here I am at school, yesterday, showing the camera the committment ring and necklace that Raven gave me.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - September 14 2005 :  6:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's so sweet. Glad to hear things are going well for you two dispite the obstacles. Keep on keepin on. Sounds like it's worth it.

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 14 2006 :  10:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey everyone,

Sorry that my activity here on the messageboard has been seldom as school has been keeping me into the books. Good news is that there are some new Alamo illustration commissions for a few future books. So, I'm extremely excited. Also, I saw Raven tonight as it was her best friends birthday and we went and played Paintball and had a great time. Here's some photos from today and this evening. Tommorow is 8 and a half months that the two of us have been together.

Anyway, take care and a belated Happy New Years!

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 15 2006 :  06:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade,
It is great to hear from you and I always love seeing the pictures of you and Raven. Sounds like y'all make each other very happy. Very important in a relationship. I have been married to my husband for 30 years now and I love him more with each passing year. I wish the same for you and Raven.
Even though we miss hearing from you, school is so much more important and CONGRATS on the illustrations. Let us know which books will have your illstrations in them.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - June 01 2006 :  6:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Today marks our 13 month anniversary!

www.alamosentry.com

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - June 01 2006 :  7:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by caitlin

Young love....

I truly wish you both all the best!

....and sometimes "young love" turns into old love. I married my high school sweetheart and come June 25 we'll celebrate 35 years. You bring back a lot of good memories, Dillon. Stay true to your feelings and values and everything will be great!

Theresa

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 01 2006 :  9:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One of my daughter's good friends got married a year ago to a boy she had been going with since they were 12! All through high school, college, masters program, then they both got jobs in Charleston. She was 26 at the time of the wedding. A year before, the girl's older sister married a boy she had dated off and on since they were 14. You just never know!!!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 02 2006 :  08:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Young-un! I've been wondering where you have been! Is Raven keeping you so busy that you don't have time to come and see us anymore?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 03 2006 :  12:01:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Wade! It's about time you dropped in to let us know how you are. Don't be such a stranger!
Glad things are going well.
Stephanie

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 16 2006 :  5:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey everyone,

Me and Raven have made it 1 year and 4 1/2 months. We're staying strong and her parents are beginning to lighten up to me.

I've just began my senior year on the 7th and have been really busy lately. But, I thought I'd drop by and update you all as I haven't had much activity around here lately. I've also officially began work on my Alamo nove, which is coming along greatly and I believe is some of my best writing.

Attached is a few photos of me and Raven recently. Just thought I'd stop by and say hello. I hope all is well with all of you.

A day in the sun.

And a day out of it. lol

All the best,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2006 :  12:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You guys look great!

Good luck with your senior year!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - August 28 2006 :  07:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, well done ... you guys are so cute! :-)

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Happy Birthday, Diana! Topic Next Topic: Colonial Williamsburg  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07