The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 1:26:08 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Mr Phelps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Montcalms survey instrument Topic Next Topic: Headin west. To Can-tuck-ee  

mountainheart
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 23 2005

Donating Member

Posted - May 04 2005 :  4:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainheart's Homepage  Send mountainheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, my last one for the day - in the video version, Mr Phelps is mentioned twice but I never actually see anyone. Does anyone know who he is?

"Oh the depth of the human experience!"
report to moderator

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - May 04 2005 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When they arrive at the fort, Mr. Phelps asks Cora how she is, and she responds and greets him by name ... I can't remember if they show his face in the background, or if he's just an entity with a voice. Guess I'll have to watch 'er again soon ...

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - May 04 2005 :  9:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he was played by Colm Meany and the rest of his role landed on the cutting room floor.
Chris

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 05 2005 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Malcolm Storry.... Phelps

Colm Meaney .... Major Ambrose

http://www.thestudigroup.com/cast_lotm.html

I don't even know if I saw Colm Meaney.

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 05 2005 :  7:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I believe Colm's character bought it in the George Road Ambush!

GG

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 05 2005 :  7:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ahh... well, another torrid excuse to watch LOTM all over again
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it..

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - May 05 2005 :  9:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's what I get for trying to write from memory. I guess it's time for me to watch it again too.
Darn!
Chris

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 06 2005 :  4:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mr. Phelps is visible in the THX VHS version, the DVD, and, of course, on the big screen ... twice ... once when they enter the Colonel's quarters, and again, just before the "I'm looking at you, Miss" bit.

Yeah ... Colm Meaney "appears" - ever so briefly - at the George Road Ambush.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - May 10 2005 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I never thought about it before. But I know if I were Cora or Alice I'd rather be tending to some rugged frontiersmen.

mountainheart
Pathfinder

The Kiss 2
USA

February 23 2005

Donating Member

Posted - May 11 2005 :  1:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit mountainheart's Homepage  Send mountainheart a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess I was more interested in the actual character. Yes, this will give me an excuse to watch it again - my friends that introduced me to the movie just get tickled when I start talking about it. I thought maybe there's an explaination to his connection to the family somewhere. One thing I would recommend to anyone participating in this site is to read the script - it sheds a lot of light on the Uncas/Alice story and of course having said that, I guess I should go back and see if Mr Phelps is described. Thanks for responses!~

"Oh the depth of the human experience!"

xHanx
Pathfinder

Cora 2
United Kingdom

May 17 2002

Posted - May 11 2005 :  6:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Colm Meaney, what a great bit of mohicanland trivia, i've been indulging my other dorky side and watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine, he's great in that!

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - May 18 2005 :  4:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hummm, I somehow always get Mr. Beams and Mr. Phelps mixed up. I know you see Beams quite often compared to Phelps; but I also recall seeing Phelps at least in profile. There's a pic of Malcolm on this web site: http://www.pfd.co.uk/clients/storrym/a-act.html ; doesn't look a bit like Pete Postlethwaite.

Jo

PS Hi,Chris, it's called old age, not bad memory...; ha!ha!

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - May 18 2005 :  9:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
NO! NO! NO! It can't be old age. Maybe it's just an over-cluttered mind.
Good to hear from you, Jo.
Love, Chris
  Previous Topic: Montcalms survey instrument Topic Next Topic: Headin west. To Can-tuck-ee  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07