The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 5:16:48 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Sequel plot poll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Which scenes would you change? Topic Next Topic: Time span?
Page: of 2

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - February 02 2007 :  2:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey no fair Light. You changed your post around. What's that all about anyway? Trying to make me look silly? Well thank God I quoted your post before you changed it so there take that

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 02 2007 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Quoted my post nothing! Anyone can change words in a post, every one knows that. Shame, shame on you Irish!

In my defense...
#1 Major EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd die first!

#2 Voodoo! Voodoo!
You're conspiring with Chickflick enemy #1 and I'm dishing out Voodoo?

All right. Bring it on!!!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - February 03 2007 :  09:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Irish. I waited by that mudpit for hours last night! Got a little frostbit too before I decided you weren't coming and finally limped on home.
Too bad. I was really looking forward to putting Obi back into a toe hold!

Kay
Colonial Settler

USA

January 06 2009

Posted - March 26 2009 :  10:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seeing as there are only a few movies were multiples and sequels have been any good-I'd say a sequel would ruin the movie-especially since LOTM doesn't exactly follow the books and total confusion would ensue trying to figure out the other ones! And you can't touch LOTM-I never like re-makes of movies either-the first one is usually always better! I like the idea of the prequel and along with it (although this has absolutely no bearing on my decision at all) the return of Obi's favorite indian! It would be neat to see what happened before-especially concerning the girls and Duncan in England. And I still think as a totally separate movie we need to see what Jack Winthrop gets himself into in the revolution. I always miss not knowing what happened to him in LOTM after the fort. He couldn't have died -Jack is just to smart for that!

Kay

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2009 :  2:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kay

.....I never like re-makes of movies either-the first one is usually always better! I like the idea of the prequel and along with it .....

Hon, I hate to burst your bubble, but "our" LOTM is not the original movie made of this story! According to IMDB, there were other LOTMs made in:

Hawkeye - Randolf Scott
Magua - Bruce Cabot
Uncas - Phillip Reed

Hawkeye - Harry Carey
Magua - Bob Kortman
Uncas - Frank Coghlan Jr.

Hawkeye - Harry Lorraine
Magua - Wallace Berry
Uncas - Alan Roscoe

1911 I/II (Silent)
The character "Father of the last Mohican" is played by Dark Cloud, who was born in the St. Francis Indian Village in Quebec in 1861! How cool is that?

This list doesn't count all those TV miniseries that have been made over the years, my favorite title being the 1969 iteration, called "Die Lederstrumpferzhlungen"...

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2009 :  3:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pretty interesting fact about Dark Cloud! At least he was the real thing and not one of those Italian actors they had paint their face, !

Anyhow, does anyone remember that early 1990's show they had on TV that only lasted like one season, it was called "Hawkeye" starring Linda Carter? In the opening of the show, they actually used footage from LOTM. At the time I thought the show was awesome but then again I was like fourteen! It was actually a pretty cheesy show now that I look back at it, lol!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - March 26 2009 :  3:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Any show with Linda Carter was worth watching.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - March 26 2009 :  5:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The only versions of LOTM I have seen is our favorite one the '92 version and "The Deerslayer" with Steve Forrest as Hawkeye and of course that miniseries from the 70's with "white guys" as Indians.

IG

winglo
Deerslayer

USA

July 13 2007

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2009 :  5:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by blackfootblood

Anyhow, does anyone remember that early 1990's show they had on TV that only lasted like one season, it was called "Hawkeye" starring Linda Carter? In the opening of the show, they actually used footage from LOTM. At the time I thought the show was awesome but then again I was like fourteen! It was actually a pretty cheesy show now that I look back at it, lol!

I remember that show! I loved it, even though it was cheesy, as you say. And our own Eric Schweig was a guest star on one episode of it, too. I think I still have some episodes on VHS tapes. . .now, if I only had a VCR!!

But, I'm off topic. I don't think either a sequel or a prequel to LOTM could come near to any expectations I would have. LOTM was just such a great movie.

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2009 :  6:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by winglo

quote:

I remember that show! I loved it, even though it was cheesy, as you say. And our own Eric Schweig was a guest star on one episode of it, too. I think I still have some episodes on VHS tapes. . .now, if I only had a VCR!!

That's funny, I also still have my VHS tape with the episodes on it. But like you, no more VCR!!!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 30 2009 :  09:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

quote:

That's funny, I also still have my VHS tape with the episodes on it. But like you, no more VCR!!!

Hey Blackfoot! I still have a VCR so if you're interested in shedding those VHS tapes of yours let me know!

Kay
Colonial Settler

USA

January 06 2009

Posted - March 30 2009 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

quote:
Originally posted by Kay

.....I never like re-makes of movies either-the first one is usually always better! I like the idea of the prequel and along with it .....

Hon, I hate to burst your bubble, but "our" LOTM is not the original movie made of this story! According to IMDB, there were other LOTMs made in:

Hawkeye - Randolf Scott
Magua - Bruce Cabot
Uncas - Phillip Reed

Hawkeye - Harry Carey
Magua - Bob Kortman
Uncas - Frank Coghlan Jr.

Hawkeye - Harry Lorraine
Magua - Wallace Berry
Uncas - Alan Roscoe

1911 I/II (Silent)
The character "Father of the last Mohican" is played by Dark Cloud, who was born in the St. Francis Indian Village in Quebec in 1861! How cool is that?

This list doesn't count all those TV miniseries that have been made over the years, my favorite title being the 1969 iteration, called "Die Lederstrumpferzhlungen"...

I have seen segments of the 1920 version-not as good as our '92 version even if it does follow the book better, but it was fun to watch-I love silent pics-I'd like to see the 1911 version and that is very cool about Dark Cloud!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Which scenes would you change? Topic Next Topic: Time span?  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07