The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/9/2024 1:21:43 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Campaign for a Special Edition DVD for "Last of the Mohicans"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Final Thoughts Topic Next Topic: Has anybody seen this site?
Page: of 2

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - May 27 2005 :  8:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
After listening to Eric Hurley's stories at Linville last summer, I have come to realize that is footage that should NOT be in LOTM. An example is the blue pidgeon thing.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - May 27 2005 :  11:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
teehee ... I can only imagine the stories he had to tell.

Will you give me the scoop on the blue pigeon ... or will you make me sift through the archives for it?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - May 28 2005 :  12:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know if that one is in the archives or not. But it was something to the effect that Mann wanted to show Cora halucinating in the forest on the way to Fort William Henry (which makes no sense at all, given her character, the story, etc.), so the plan was to release a flock of blue pidgeons. Why? I have no idea. And since pidgeons aren't blue, they simply spray painted them. So much for PITA. Thankfully this never made it out of the cutting room, if that far. There is probably other such footage that was cut, so just saying that there was three hours of film originally available doesn't mean that you would want all of it included in a DVD. Maybe the current DVD has all that is worth seeing. If you add back the snippets that were in the VHS, that may be all the movie that there is.

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - May 28 2005 :  07:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HOLY SMOKES ...

I could be wrong, but I think the first move would/should be finding out if footage exists (and apparently, what the heck it IS if it does!) before a lot of effort is directed toward this Feldstein character.

Blue pigeons? I can't get over that!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 28 2005 :  08:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Purple ... they were purple pigeons, actually.

You can read about them, and a lot more, in a little chat we did with Eric Hurley many, many moons ago. See: The World of Soldier #2. Enjoy!

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - May 28 2005 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Purple changed to blue last summer. I guess it was the rain :-) And then there was the panther in the bushes by the creek. Thankfully we were spared all that.

Everyone needs to take a "Mohican" tour with Eric. That guy has more stories than you can imagine and loves to tell them. It gives you a new perspective on all the locals.

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - May 30 2005 :  01:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Purple pigeons?? I can't picture that either.

Anyway, if there is anything out there worth seeing and it can be made available to us, then I'm all for it. In my opinion, it's worth trying to see how far we get with our requests rather than not trying at all. My e-mail to Mr. Feldstein was send a while ago but I'll keep trying.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Lurking Huron9900
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 01 2005 :  01:30:27 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think, that if the extra scenes or whatever don't exist, they should at LEAST release the original theatrical version on DVD here in the US. As far as special features go, the Directors Edition doesn't even have the trailer (which you can find on the internet) or any good info on any of the cast. They could at least do that, you know?

Lurking Huron9787
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 01 2005 :  11:42:09 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The story I heard on the blue pidgeons is this, they wanted them to look like passenger pidgeons, of course passenger pidgeons are extinct so they used another variety. The blue paint was supposed to make them appear grey. Something about the light they were being filmed in.

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - June 06 2005 :  2:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmmm don't get the whole purple pigeons thing but that is probably a good thing. Anyways, I am definitely going to send an e-mail to have a triple dvd set released. It is nice to see the newcomers so involved already! Let's see if we can't get our movie we want! Oh and by the way silent thunder, I am right beside ya with my torch!

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - June 08 2005 :  12:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Okay guys, is it just me - or is there actually a very quick shot of some birds that look like they've been startled into flight, as part of the scene where they're attacked on the George Road? I could have sworn I saw it in the VHS version... And I *know* the panther was there in the bushes - was he supposed to be doing something else? I'll definitely have to go back and check out Eric's notes again! :-)
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Final Thoughts Topic Next Topic: Has anybody seen this site?  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.34 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07