The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 7:26:07 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 What is the Most Romantic Movie Ever?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Making of video Topic Next Topic: Wes Studi on PBS
Page: of 2

UncasLover13
Colonial Settler

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2004

Posted - March 25 2005 :  8:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, everyone...what is the best, most romantic movie you have ever seen? Now, myself I have 3 movies in mind which are;

The Last of the Mohicans- Okay, okay, obvious. Honestly, I think this movie is one of the most romantic movies out there. Hawkeye and Cora's romance has always been so powerful to me, and if that wasn't enough, the Uncas and Alice love story ... is just so beautiful. To me, the whole movie is extremely romantic.

Titanic- Each time that I see that movie, I ball and ball and ball at the end. That movie is just FULL of love! A for sure tear jerker!

The Notebook-I just saw this movie recently with my friend Kristy. This is by far one of the most adorable, lovly, romantic movies of all time!

Now, what are your favorites?! This should be a nice, new topic to discuss.
report to moderator

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 25 2005 :  11:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That's easy! Casablanca
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lurking Huron1442
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - March 26 2005 :  01:18:35 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Das Boot

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - March 26 2005 :  2:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Stolen Women Captured Hearts!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 28 2005 :  2:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A Walk in the Clouds!

xHanx
Pathfinder

Cora 2
United Kingdom

May 17 2002

Posted - April 08 2005 :  5:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Breakfast at Tiffany's. Cold mountains pretty good, Ledgends of the fall great melodrama(although people will just keep dying) , Pride and Prejudice, classic romance.Far from the Madding crowd. hard to choose a favourite above all favourites though.

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - April 11 2005 :  07:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll vote with Fitz Williams on this one, though Lurking Huron 1442 sure has a great sense of humor!

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 13 2005 :  12:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't know if anyone's seen "Like Water for Chocolate"... It's a little offbeat, but wonderfully romantic! Another newer romantic movie (that you don't want to watch with the kids) is "Dangerous Beauty", set in Venice during the Renaissance. There are so many classic romantic films that I think other folks have already named here: but I would just add "The Quiet Man", and maybe, "My Man Godfrey". Of course if we expand it to include musicals, "West Side Story" comes immediately to mind - and "Oklahoma", and... Good Grief! Stop me before I ramble any farther... LOTM is definitely my favorite though!! :-)

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 15 2005 :  10:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, we should be able to think of many good romances.
I loved "Robin and Marion" with Sean Connery. He's brought to this room
after fighting in a battle and he's all beat up. Marion gives him
poison because she doesn't want him to die a painful death. Then she
drinks the poison too because she can't bear to live without him.
Then he shoots an arrow out the window to mark the place where they
should be buried. How's that for romantic......

Another favorite movie of mine is "Camelot" with Richard Harris,
Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero. Very tragic.

Of course I liked "Ghost" with Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. I think
it's the best movie she made. When he's going off to heaven, it's
tissue time. "Ditto"

Lastly "West Side Story" When Tony's dying and they're singing
"There's a Place for us".... Boo hoo hoo..... great movie.....

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 16 2005 :  12:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Donna

I loved "Robin and Marion" with Sean Connery. He's brought to this room
after fighting in a battle and he's all beat up. Marion gives him
poison because she doesn't want him to die a painful death. Then she
drinks the poison too because she can't bear to live without him.
Then he shoots an arrow out the window to mark the place where they
should be buried. How's that for romantic......

Donna; This is one of my husband's and mine's favorite movies, and scenes! Somehow, I forgot about it... Glad you reminded me! :-) BTW, *very* cool picture on your profile!

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 16 2005 :  9:46:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Redbird,
I'm glad I reminded you of one of your favorite romance movies.
I love watching movies and I've seen so many good ones.
Yes, I'm glad I have this avatar for my user name. I have this poster
giant size on my bedroom wall. I got it back in 1992.

Do you remember "The Greatest Show on Earth"? When Charlton Heston's
character "Brad" gets critically wounded from the train wreck. His
ex-girlfriend who really loves him "Holly" gets one of the elephants
to take the wreckage off him. Then "Buttons" Jimmy Stewart, gives up
his freedom to save Brad from bleeding to death. He's a doctor on the
run from helping his wife die. That's another one of my favorites.
Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 18 2005 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, Donna... I'd forgotten about this one too (another one my husband likes!): but I love Jimmy Stewart in just about anything! Seems like there just isn't anything better than a really good old movie. I was thinking about another romance film with Sophia Loren and Cary Grant - "Houseboat"? I thought they had great chemistry:which was evidently real, since I remember hearing a story about a brief affair between them. John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara made a really good pair too (especially in terms of chemisty), even when their romance got a little "adversarial" at times. I also remember hearing someone say that it took a person like Ms. O'Hara to be able to hold her own on screen with John Wayne. After reading the interview with Madeline Stowe [Rich, if you're reading this - Thank You!], I was reminded that I think she does the same sort of thing so well with Daniel Dey Lewis!;-)

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - April 20 2005 :  03:25:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Of course my #1 romantic movie of all time is LOTM.
I also liked Pearl Harbor (so sad when Danny dies), Cold Mountain (also sad when Inman dies), Legends Of The Fall (OK, almost all the brothers die), Braveheart (I consider to be a romantic movie), Gladiator (also considered romantic), Titanic (poor Jack drowns, no thanks to Rose), and the list goes on and on. Oh, did I mention LOTM as my favorite. lol....

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Diana
Pioneer

May 18 2002

Posted - April 20 2005 :  1:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Dear Friends:

Hey, what about AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER followed by SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE? Hmmm.....?

Diana

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - April 23 2005 :  5:35:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know, I have to say I liked "An Affair to Remember" better than "Sleepless..." :-0 I just remembered a newer film that was pretty good too, IMO - "Far From Heaven", with Juliet Moore? Hope I got the title right on that...

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - April 23 2005 :  8:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to give a second nod to "Breakfast at Tiffany's" ... it's romantic and just fun to watch! Added bonus for the guys -- Audrey Hepburn! My husband hadn't seen a film with her in it and knew her mainly from photographs ... about fifteen minutes into "Breakfast", he says, "She's HOT!" In other words, even if diamonds aren't your thing, the movie is easy on the eyes ...

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - April 24 2005 :  1:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cold Mountain. Really was a good film.

www.alamosentry.com

Lookbackatme
Pathfinder

Uncas
United Kingdom

May 10 2005

Posted - May 12 2005 :  5:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lord of the Rings - The relationship between Aragorn & Arwen...after 3...aww!

And not strictly a movie, and not sure whether those of you in the USA will have seen it, but the BBC drama North & South is my all time favourite adaptation, and the book is the most beautiful I've ever read.

Oh, and not to forget, Last of the Mohicans...anyone heard of it?!? ;)

"Try as we might, happy as we were, we cannot go back."

Redbird
Pioneer

USA

August 25 2004

Posted - May 15 2005 :  4:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Lol! Yes, LOTM is definitely my favorite! Had to second your mention of Arwen and Aragorn too... I loved the way they used material from the Appendices to bring that relationship out in the film version of the trilogy! Who wouldn't give up immortality for a love like that?

Kasia
Lost in the Wilderness

Poland

May 15 2005

Posted - May 15 2005 :  6:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In my opinion the most romantic film is obviously "Last Of The Mohicans" because of two love stories, especially Uncas-Alice. It's so beautiful and delicate. I always cry when I am in the middle of the film because I know the end I know I am a bit silly but I cannot stop
Other great and romantic films are "Braveheart" and "Gladiator". I've seen them more than ten.

Lurking Huron6314
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 15 2005 :  10:21:26 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I thought "Cold Mountain" sucked!
Maybe I was expecting something diffrent. Wasn't a bad movie, but just dissapointed that I bought it.

I hope one of my relatives will appreciate it.

eilan
Pathfinder

March 16 2005

Posted - May 23 2005 :  2:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOTM of course!!! There are no romantic stories beautiful, sad and powerful as the Uncas/Alice's one!!!
LOVE 'EM!!!

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - May 24 2005 :  12:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOTM, of course is my number one, but Casablanca is a very close second and (nearly) a tie...

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Lurking Huron5314
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 25 2005 :  10:01:16 PM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
snow falling on cedars and cider house rules

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - May 30 2005 :  02:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just rented "The Notebook" this weekend and I loved it. Not the way I love "Last Of The Mohicans", c'mon no comparison, but The Notebook was nice to watch. This movie is added to my long list of favorite movies.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

Lurking Huron7032
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - June 10 2005 :  02:52:12 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There's a very old movie called "Waterloo Bridge" - with Vivien Leigh and Robert Taylor - set during World War 1 - that is incredibly romantic. My second favorite after LOTM...............
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Making of video Topic Next Topic: Wes Studi on PBS  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.44 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07