The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/12/2024 12:16:48 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Spencer Tracy Films Poll
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Favorite Henry Fonda Films Poll Topic Next Topic: Troy:The Movie With a Braveheart Connection  

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 03 2003

Posted - January 15 2005 :  6:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Another of Hollywoods' favorite all time leading men is Spencer Tracy. He played a wide range of characters, from priest to mad scientist- he did it all. Of the below listed films which is your favorite? After voting share with us your favorite Tracy moment.

Choices:

Adams Rib
Boys Town
Captains Courageous
Dantes' Inferno
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Father of the Bride
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
Inherit the Wind
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Judgement Day
Northwest Passage
Old Man and the Sea
Stanley and Livingstone
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Tortilla Flat

report to moderator

Two Kettles
Colonial Settler

USA

August 01 2002

Posted - January 16 2005 :  4:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Several years ago, Larry King had Charlton Heston on as a guest. They were talking about the craft of acting, and King asked who Heston thought was the best American movie actor. Without missing a beat, Heston said that for the first half of the century it was Spencer Tracy. I couldn't agree more.

My favorite moment is hard too pick - he had so many great ones. But I think my favorite image is in NORTHWEST PASSAGE, just after he's helped the wounded Towne (Robert Young) get up and walk. As Tracy strides away, he looks back over his shoulder, grins, and says: "Ill see you at sundown, Harvard!" What a great moment!

Two Kettles
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - January 17 2005 :  11:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went with "Northwest Passage", Tracy and Walter Brennan make a great team. "Stanley and Livingstone" is a close second however. I love it in the same way that I enjoy the 1937 version of "King Solomon's Mines", love the romance of Africa in it's wilder, tribal days past. Also, that classic line, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Favorite Henry Fonda Films Poll Topic Next Topic: Troy:The Movie With a Braveheart Connection  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07