The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
9/29/2024 5:30:21 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Fort Toulouse Frontier Days
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Revolutionary War Field Days Topic Next Topic: Long Gaiter and Breeches Color??  

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 19 2002

Posted - October 28 2004 :  12:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Next week is the annual Frontier Days at Fort Toulouse. They "do" the French fort and 1814 Indian Wars at Fort Jackson (part of the same site). A LOT of people and good vendors. I prefer the spring event which is only French and Indian and not many spectators. Nevertheless, Fort Toulouse is still a great place, so I will have to get there for at least one day and visit with some friends. Then on to Camden to fight the evil Brits!
report to moderator

Major Fitz-William
Pathfinder

Duncan
United Kingdom

October 28 2004

Posted - October 30 2004 :  09:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why must be related as I'm a Fitz-William!
Do you know if theres any French Indian Wars Red Coat re-enactment groups In England, preferable Northumberland?

Let me alone: I have yet my legs and one arm. Tell the surgeon to make haste and his his instruments. I know I must lose my right arm, so the sooner it's off the better.
Horatio Nelson
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 30 2004 :  09:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was wondering when you two might meet up!

Major Fitz-William
Pathfinder

Duncan
United Kingdom

October 28 2004

Posted - October 30 2004 :  10:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Let me alone: I have yet my legs and one arm. Tell the surgeon to make haste and his his instruments. I know I must lose my right arm, so the sooner it's off the better.
Horatio Nelson

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 31 2004 :  12:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually, my name is Fitzhugh Wilson Williams. I was named for my father, who was Jackson Fitzhugh Williams. His father, my grandfather, had the same name. His father, James Washington Williams, fought under General Fitzhugh Lee in Northern Virginia, and as the family story goes, named his son after Thomas Johnathan Jackson and Fitzhugh Lee. But since Andrew Jackson's birthplace was only a few miles from his home, and since he was named after Washington, I have always thought that is where he got the "Jackson". I use Fitz to keep from having to spell my name so much. My wife hates it.

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 31 2004 :  01:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Do you know if theres any French Indian Wars Red Coat re-enactment groups In England, preferable Northumberland?

I wouldn't know myself, but I have heard there is everything from Iron Age on.
When it comes to F&I, je suis français.
  Previous Topic: Revolutionary War Field Days Topic Next Topic: Long Gaiter and Breeches Color??  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07