The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 5:31:02 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 "The Kiss" Sheet Music
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: new site Topic Next Topic: Montcalms survey instrument
Page: of 2

Lurking Huron0516
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - June 30 2004 :  08:08:46 AM
Hey all, you are my last hope! I'm looking for sheet music for "the Kiss" -- I really wanna get a hold of it for my wedding! Any help is appreciated. thanks, Peter
report to moderator

Lady Ann
Pioneer

USA

May 20 2002

Posted - June 30 2004 :  09:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The sheet music for "The Gael" (which is the title of the tune, written by Dougie MacLean and played in "the Kiss")can be located in a music book entitled "The Nineties Collection: New Scottish Tunes in Traditional Style", edited by Ian Hardie and published by Mel Bay Publications. The book contains 200 tunes and songs by outstanding Scottish artists.

Hope that helps!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 30 2004 :  11:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Peter,

I can send you a copy of the sheet music for 'The Gael' - but not at the moment! I'm still here in North Carolina and can't access my computer files until I get home to Scotland on Friday. HOWEVER, if you can wait until the weekend, please do drop me a PM with your email address included, and I will try to get a copy sent off to you, if that would help.

It's a lovely piece of music and I think it's PERFECT for a wedding! By the way - CONGRATULATIONS on your up-coming nuptuals!

KATE (writing from Diana's computer!

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2004 :  08:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
[WW jumps out of her chair with excitement]

Kate... dearest Kate, my Scottish-friend-whom-I-have-never-met... might I prevail upon you as well? I would love to have a copy of that gorgeous piece of music! If you don't mind, I will PM you with my email address as well.

Please? Pretty please?

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - July 01 2004 :  08:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh... *sigh*... I suppooooose soooooo... *sigh*...

Yes, indeed I will send you a copy, W.W.! I'm flying out tonight and arrive home tomorrow and will be happy put yer request on my list of 'To Do's', to be sure!

Having 'logged in' under my own 'username' this morning, I see that I have a 'PM alert'. I'm just going to wait until I get home before dealing with it, if you're okay with that. I can't access my files till then anyway and - I SHOULD BE PACKING AS I SPEAK!!! (I HAVEN'T A CLUE how I'm going to get ALL THOSE EXTRA SOUVENIRS IN THAT THERE CASE!!!

I guess I better go get to it... *sigh*...

Your-Scottish-friend-whom-you-have-never-met (but who hopes to one day!

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 01 2004 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
O-o-o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h..... Goodie, goodie! [WW squeals, having been around way too many pigs in her homesteading days, with delight.]

Thank you! Yes, not being one to let grass grow under my feet, the PM is definitely from me. What? You mean I must wait until you arrive home?!?!?!?! W-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l... if I must.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Lurking Huron0516
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - July 02 2004 :  4:00:51 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Alright, Thank you! You folks are great. Gadget Girl, I'm waiting on my registration to go through, then I will drop a message to you. Thanks again, Peter

Kate

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - July 02 2004 :  4:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi there, Peter,

Actually, it wasn't 'Gadget Girl' writing you, it was me, Kate. I was staying with G.G. for a couple of days (and a WONDERFUL couple of days they WERE, too!! GRATEFUL THANKS, GG!! ) and I just posted under her 'username'! Just thought I'd mention that so that you wouldn't wonder about the discrepancy when you heard from ME...

Okay... just drop me a line when you're ready, Peter, and meanwhile, I'll go digging through my files...

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

Lurking Huron2381
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - July 21 2004 :  2:47:04 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi guys, I too am looking for a copy of "The Kiss" I and would be thrilled if someone could e-mail me with a copy or info on getting one. Thanks! iceprncs83@yahoo.com

Lurking Huron7705
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - July 26 2004 :  03:53:11 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could I get a copy of the Kiss sheet music? yronO74@yahoo.com">ByronO74@yahoo.com ?
Byron

quote:
Yes, indeed I will send you a copy, W.W.! I'm flying out tonight and arrive home tomorrow and will be happy put yer request on my list of 'To Do's', to be sure!

Having 'logged in' under my own 'username' this morning, I see that I have a 'PM alert'. I'm just going to wait until I get home before dealing with it, if you're okay with that. I can't access my files till then anyway and - I SHOULD BE PACKING AS I SPEAK!!! (I HAVEN'T A CLUE how I'm going to get ALL THOSE EXTRA SOUVENIRS IN THAT THERE CASE!!!

I guess I better go get to it... *sigh*...

Your-Scottish-friend-whom-you-have-never-met (but who hopes to one day!

Lurking Huron6949
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 27 2004 :  11:32:59 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gadget Girl

Hi Peter,

I can send you a copy of the sheet music for 'The Gael' - but not at the moment! I'm still here in North Carolina and can't access my computer files until I get home to Scotland on Friday. HOWEVER, if you can wait until the weekend, please do drop me a PM with your email address included, and I will try to get a copy sent off to you, if that would help.

It's a lovely piece of music and I think it's PERFECT for a wedding! By the way - CONGRATULATIONS on your up-coming nuptuals!

KATE (writing from Diana's computer!

Lurking Huron6949
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 27 2004 :  11:38:26 AM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have been looking for sheet music for "The Gael" as well for the longest time. Could you also send me a copy, please Gadget Girl. Many thanks. kim_w23@hotmail.com

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 27 2004 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi LH 6949 - that was Kate that had the sheet music - she was posting from my house and the link opens under my username. I'll let her know you are looking and refer her to this message.

GG

Lurking Huron6947
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 28 2004 :  8:22:06 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gadget Girl

Hi LH 6949 - that was Kate that had the sheet music - she was posting from my house and the link opens under my username. I'll let her know you are looking and refer her to this message.

GG

oops, my mistake and thanks GG. Thanks to Kate in advance for sending sheet music for The 'Gael'

Kate

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - August 28 2004 :  10:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It's on it's way to you as I write, LH6947 - ENJOY!

Best wishes,
Kate.

Kate

~ Celtic Wisdom

tampopo
Lost in the Wilderness

Canada

September 06 2004

Posted - September 06 2004 :  3:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello, i search me too for the sheet music of the Kiss of the last of the mohican. Can you send me??? i searched it for 5 long years... my e-mail: darkaeris@hotmail.com
Can you write for topics: Last of the mohican music sheet please???
OH!! if someone would like, i have the music sheet of the main title.

Tampopo from quebec city

Lurking Huron9922
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - September 16 2004 :  5:44:08 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tampopo

Hello, i search me too for the sheet music of the Kiss of the last of the mohican. Can you send me??? i searched it for 5 long years... my e-mail: darkaeris@hotmail.com

Tampopo from quebec city

Lurking Huron9922
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - September 16 2004 :  5:46:24 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello. I also would greatly appreciate the sheet music for "The Kiss". As well I am looking for the "Main Title" sheet music.

Thanks!!!

quote:

Tampopo from quebec city

Lurking Huron9922
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - September 16 2004 :  7:56:56 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi. We are looking for the sheet music for "The Kiss" to play at our wedding. Also, we are looking for the "Main Title". Any help would be appreciated. My e-mail is pgrossman001@yahoo.com.

Thanks very much!

quote:

Tampopo from quebec city

Lurking Huron4727
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - September 17 2004 :  4:30:52 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I would be really grateful if you could e-mail me the music, too... I absolutely love that song, and have been searching for the music for a long time! If you can, my address is MPatriot87@hotmail.com - Thank you so, so much! :) Melanie

Joy
Lost in the Wilderness

The Kiss

November 14 2004

Posted - November 14 2004 :  6:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm also getting married and would really like to have the sheet music also!! My email is
alegria_g@hotmail.com

THANKS!!

Joy

Lurking Huron6189
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - January 13 2005 :  1:05:27 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kate
The lady with the musical connections.
Could you please send me the sheet music of The Gael, the best laid back reel ever. Thanks
Jonny @ jonnyclay22@hotmail.com

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - January 13 2005 :  4:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Um, if anybody would be kind enough to send me the sheet music for "The Kiss", I would be very grateful! My e-mail is emily_hudson@yahoo.com

Thanks

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Lurking Huron1672
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - February 03 2005 :  12:59:07 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just like Peter I want to get a hold of the music sheet for the song "the Kiss", also for my wedding. If anyone could help sending "the Gael" to my email I'd be really glad.
Thanks a lot people and big hugs from the tropics (Brazil)
Rick Martins

Lurking Huron1672
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - February 03 2005 :  1:01:56 PM  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Huron1672

Just like Peter I want to get a hold of the music sheet for the song "the Kiss", also for my wedding. If anyone could help sending "the Gael" to my email I'd be really glad.
Thanks a lot people and big hugs from the tropics (Brazil)
Rick Martins

Sorry forgot to post my email
rickbrown1972@yahoo.com
Thanks

ardxc
Lost in the Wilderness

February 09 2005

Posted - February 09 2005 :  11:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would also like a copy of 'The Gael' for my band here in Australia to play as a performance piece. If someone could please email me a copy of the music, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
My email is ardxcinc@yahoo.com.au
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: new site Topic Next Topic: Montcalms survey instrument  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 1.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07