The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/2/2024 9:21:47 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Kittanning
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Upcoming TV Show On PBS Topic Next Topic: Another Recruit  

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - March 22 2004 :  1:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_132975.html
report to moderator

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 22 2004 :  5:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
............you found that, eh? Well, Jim, I hope you and a bunch of your friends can come along with us on this, but you can't be French this time! And remember............I promised we would not burn the town, so you'll have to behave.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Grenouille
Colonial Settler

May 17 2002

Posted - March 22 2004 :  5:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Grenouille's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the offer, Mike. I have a militia outfit I could wear if I would participate at the event. I do a Brit every once in a while, usually at Bushy Run. You can see my militia outfit in the new DVD version of "When the Forest Ran Red." I'm in some of the new extended footage, most notably in the scene where Washington is leading his party to LeBoeuf, accompanied with some horses. I guess I'm probably Christopher Gist in the scene.

Regards,
Jim

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 22 2004 :  7:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice little article, Seamus!

But I'm a little confused about something: the article stated that as Col. Armstrong, you lead the 3rd Pennsylvania (the Augusta)Regiment. I was under the impression that you are Capt. Slease when leading the Augusta men. Was that their error, or am I the one who needs straightening out?

Well, no matter who you are...... congratulations on receiving permission to invade Kittanning!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Seamus

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 22 2004 :  8:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The newspaper article is wrong, WW.......Col. Armstrong was the Commanding Officer of the 2nd Battalion Pennsylvania at the time of the Kittanning raid.

In my real life, I am, indeed the CO of the 3rd Battalion Pennsylvania, The Augusta Regiment, Burd's Company, and I do use my own name there.

If anyone is interested in it, I have just uploaded our 'Revised, Redesigned and Updated Version' of our unit website. You may access it at:

www.homestead.com/augustaregt

Hopefully, all the links work and everything loads for you. It has been a MASSIVE job rebuilding and getting it ready for publication. Please let me know if anyone finds bad or broken links, and I will fix them OK? Thanks! There are a few little 'tweaks' to do yet, like adding a counter and the Guest Book, but basically it is ready to go.

Life's journey is not to

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 22 2004 :  10:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, Good! Then I'm not a complete bobble-head! I thought I had it right in my mind.

The updated website looks really good! I like it better than the previous design. Just to let you know, on the Native Friends page, there are a couple of photos that didn't load: "Trouble Brewing" and "Waiting for Canoes."

I enjoy your sense of humor in your descriptions of your men and distaff. Very nice job!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Seamus

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 23 2004 :  06:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, WW..........I'll check them today.

Re: the Roster page......NO ONE IS SAFE!!! and almost nothing is sacred! Heehee!

Life's journey is not to

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - March 23 2004 :  07:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very nice website. Glad to see you found a picture of ol' James!
  Previous Topic: Upcoming TV Show On PBS Topic Next Topic: Another Recruit  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07