The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 9:19:01 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 remake??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: I introduce myself & Jodhi May Fan Site Topic Next Topic: Would you have jumped?  

Lurking Huron1051
Anonymous Guest

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Posted - February 27 2004 :  2:32:39 PM  Reply with Quote
Would'nt it be nice if they did a remake of the 1995 version of LOTM??? I know that it was just a couple of years ago, but it would be nice to have the actors of today play "Cora", and the others. And also, why aren't the cast memebers at coventions meeting fans, like horror cast memebers do, they go to different conventions and meet their fans???? Sometimes I don't understand Celebrities...TSK TSK.Sorry, I love these smiley face icons! LOL
report to moderator

pala
Pathfinder

AI
USA

November 14 2003

Posted - February 27 2004 :  2:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
hi, i thought i had logged in, i'm not trying to steal anyone's name It's me PalA, and the comment above is mine1 bYE!

"I saw nothing that would lead me to the conclusion that it was other than a raid by savages bent on thievery." --Major Heyward
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Marg222
Pathfinder

eye of the storm
Netherlands

January 21 2004

Posted - March 05 2004 :  05:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg222's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe that's a good idea. But only if the actors are as good as the origional ones... I think that's hard...

greetings Marge

I do not call myself subject too much at all... -Hawkeye

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - March 07 2004 :  7:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why mess with it? I just couldn't see someone like Britney Spears in the role of Cora or Alice or Colin Farrell as Nathaniel. Nope. It ain't broke enough to fix it.

As to conventions...I don't think I even heard of any until the Mohican Gatherings. I've only seen shows and movie series have such a following that conventions are held (Star Trek, Star Wars, Highlander, other Sci-Fi franchises, etc).

And, psst, it was '92, not '95.

daire

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - March 09 2004 :  2:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not saying LOTM is perfect, (it's pretty darn close, though) but it would be interesting to see another artist's version of LOTM. Who would play Hawkeye? Uncas? Cora? Alice? Hayward? Magua? Soldier #2? etc. Would the new screenplay remain true to the book or the movie? After seeing mistakes like "Scarlett,"I dare not ask for a sequel. There aren't very many sequels that live up to the original. But oh! what fun it would be to compare and discuss on our board.

What you give of yourself is priceless.

White Feather
Pathfinder

Alice

April 10 2008

Posted - April 18 2008 :  2:21:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Great idea, but it would be different though...you know the original characters (1992 version) had their own magic.
  Previous Topic: I introduce myself & Jodhi May Fan Site Topic Next Topic: Would you have jumped?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07