The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 12:37:23 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Any Eric Schweig fans left here?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Madeleine Stowes Forum Topic Next Topic: Extra Battle Scene in the DVD
Page: of 2

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 25 2003

Posted - December 04 2003 :  11:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!! This is the first time I've posted here. I've been really busy catching up on all the old archives. MAN CAN YOU GUYS TALK! LMBO!
You can call me RB. Everyone else does.
I was wondering if anyone here in the states has a copy of Eric's old movie The Shaman's Source. It's not available on video and I'm dying to get a copy for my "Eric's movies" collection. I'll send the tape as well as a return postage paid envelope and I'll pay whatever you want for the copy.
I know it's been 4 years, but you guys were really lucky to have met him. I hear his new movie The Missing is a real hit. I haven't seen it. I'll probably wait for it to come out on video as I never seem to get to the movies.
Anyway, if anyone wants to email me privately about the movie, you can reach me at RBrown8330@aol.com Just put "Eric's Movie" in the subject area. Or, I'll keep checking the board thread.
Thanks and it's nice to be here.
report to moderator

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - December 05 2003 :  4:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Have you checked out Ebay or Half.com? You might luck out. I have found some rare movies that way. And others really cheap! :)

daire

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 05 2003 :  9:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Daire,
Unfortunately it is illegal to sell taped TV movies on EBay. Something about copyrights. I tried to sell one once and got blocked by EBay. I have looked through there, but haven't seen anything.
From the looks of things on this thread, it doesn't look like there are any fans of his here anymore???
RB
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 05 2003 :  10:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh... I think there are! We're just being quiet. I think you scared us with your comment about how much we talk.

Actually, if you use the "Search" feature at the top of the page and search within this forum, using "Eric Schweig", you will come up with a whole bunch of topics. I think that we have also discussed Eric's other movies elsewhere... perhaps in the "Movies" forum.

Of course, we are always perfectly happy to discuss all of these things again if you want to reopen any old topics... After all, we do like to talk!

BTW, I don't believe I have ever heard of that movie. When was it made? Have you seen Eric in "The Missing"? I understand he did a great job and was totally unrecognizable.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 06 2003 :  5:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi WW ,
No, I haven't seen him in The Missing. I never get to the movies. I end up getting them when they come out on video, but now that my DVD player is up and running, I'll probably just get the DVD when it comes out. I've seen a couple of pictures and you'd never be able to tell that it's him.
Does anyone here live in Canada? Apparently Eric is going to be on a talk show on December 19th called Contact. Has anyone ever heard of it? I live in the states, so I can't get it. If anyone lives in Canada and gets that show, I'd be ever so grateful to send a tape so I can get a copy.
BTW.. Is anyone here a member on his official website messageboard?
RB

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 06 2003 :  5:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, BTW, I'm sorry,I neglected to answer your question about The Shaman's Source. It is one of Eric's VERY early movies. It's from 1990 and it was on Canadian TV, but it was never released on video.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 06 2003 :  5:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And also,
I never meant to insult anyone with my comment on the talking thing. It was in joking. I had a ball reading them all through the years.
As you can see, I like to talk too.

daire
Colonial Settler

USA

November 17 2002

Posted - December 07 2003 :  12:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RBrown8330

Thanks Daire,
Unfortunately it is illegal to sell taped TV movies on EBay. Something about copyrights.

Ah, it was unclear to me that it was a TV movie in your original post. No worries. :)

Maybe if you made a new post with the subject as "WANTED: Shaman's Source", you might find someone who could help you. I'd suggest cross-posting in this forum and the Movies Movies Movies one.

Good luck

daire

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - December 07 2003 :  01:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would venture to say there are quite a few Eric fans here. We're just quiet at the moment. I am a recent member of his website's message board, but have not posted there.
Chris

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 07 2003 :  4:44:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chris,
Did it take a while to get approved or to hear anything back? I registered on November 27th on the messageboard and sent Liaison an email telling about myself like the instructions said, but I haven't heard a word. I also sent the webmaster an email fearing Liaison didn't get my mail, and I haven't hear anything back from the webmaster either.
I just don't like the idea of telling a stranger my name, phone number etc... if I'm not going to get approved for some reason, and if I'm not going to be approved, I'd at least like to know why.

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - December 07 2003 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't really remember how long it took, but I do remember she said it might be a couple of weeks, and that was before we all got busy with the holidays. If you don't hear in another week, you might send an email and ask her if she got the first one.
Chris

Lurking Huron0943
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - December 08 2003 :  07:59:34 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi,
I am a registered user over there. It takes a couple of weeks to get
approved. Once you are approved, Liaison will send you an email asking you to post at the message board.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 08 2003 :  09:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks so much LH. I was starting to get worried I would never hear anything.

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 08 2003 :  1:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey RB -

Ya, I tried joining the Schweig board back in March. Sent everything, never heard back. Tried again a month later, still nothing. Kinda lost interest after that. Good luck.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 08 2003 :  3:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Uh oh.... not a good sign.
Maybe one of our nice registered users here could talk to his Liaison and ask her what the deal is???? I'm sure she'd respond to one of their emails??

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 08 2003 :  5:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey RB again -

Why did the Schweig board ask for your phone number? The would make me a little nervous. Just wondering if ya know the reason why. What if the board gets hacked into, your personal information is there to see. And sometimes the internet can be really creepy.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 09 2003 :  11:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In the instructions after registering, it said to email Liaison with your real name, board name that you registered with, a nighttime phone number in case she needed to get a hold of you at night and tell her a bit about yourself. So I did. I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 09 2003 :  2:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm, I don't know what to tell ya RB. Giving out your phone/address over the net is kinda dangerous, IMHO. Go to Google and punch in your phone number, it gives ya the exact location and directions. Maybe that's why I never heard back, didn't put my phone #. Glad I passed.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 09 2003 :  4:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmm. I don't think my number is posted on the board anywhere. I privately emailed her with it. I did not give my address though. The instructions didn't say anything about giving her an address. I just told her what state I'm from. I just hope I hear back from her. I guess there is a pic of Eric at The Missing premiere in NY and it's in a forum that only approved members can see.
I would love to see that picture.

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 09 2003 :  5:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'd give it a few more days and email again, RB. I just having a hard time with all the information you have to give and you haven't heard anything, that would make me a little concerned. And since The Missing is dying at the box office, that board needs more fans, won't hurt!

rydergrl
Colonial Settler

Pisces
USA

November 03 2003

Posted - December 12 2003 :  10:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I went to the new Eric Schweig board and after reading all the requirements, rules, etc., I elected that it was just too much trouble to go through for just one little board. I'd much rather come here where it's fun and I'm not penalized for not posting once a month or whatever. Those are some real serious people over there. Just didn't seem like a fun place.

What you give of yourself is priceless.

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 13 2003 :  08:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rydergrl - yep, couldn't agree with ya more. I just popped over there this morning, it's down right scary over there. Now the board owner is posting all over the place looking for someone who announced they are gonna hurt themselves and please call me. ????? Um, that's what your family is for, not a fan board. Yikes. When RB said they needed a phone # and it took two weeks to get approved, I was afraid to tell her they're running a background check on everyone who applies. Yeah, they got some real serious people with real serious issues over there, it's almost embarrassing to read the posts. This board is a lot more fun.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 13 2003 :  12:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Huh?? What do you mean they're running a background check??
What kind of information do they get and where do they get it from???
I still haven't heard anything. If I'm not going to be approved, the least they can do is reply back and say so and explain why not instead of just letting you wait and wait.

RBrown8330
Pathfinder

Sagittarius
USA

November 25 2003

Posted - December 13 2003 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hope they don't deny me membership just because I post over here. I hope this board isn't their "sworn enemy" or something. I have no partiallity anywhere.

Ro
Pathfinder

December 08 2003

Posted - December 13 2003 :  4:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
RB - the one question I asked myself is why they need my phone #. It does not take two weeks to post on any web board. It does take two weeks to do a background check. Something is just not adding up here. Like I posted above, all someone has to do is google your # number. It gives all the information to find you, real name, exact address, etc. None of that is necessary to post on any web board.

Lurking Huron0943
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - December 14 2003 :  02:45:29 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am sorry to hear that you had less than pleasant experience getting on the ES board. As far as I know, the board administrators
over there are voluntary fans and good friends of ES. They have day jobs so they can only afford limited time in maintaining the website as well as processing membership requests. There have been quite a number of membership applications every day, and they are mostly processed in batches, that's why the approval of membership takes a few weeks. I was told that the information that I e-mailed to the administrators are kept confidential and are not accessible on the Internet. It seems they have done a good job on that.

Most of the posts at the ES board are open to the public. You don't have to be a member to read them. That board does have some private
forums for members to chat and interact with each other.
The people at the ES board are a nice bunch, I must say. They are like a big family, very supportive toward each other.
I enjoy that board as much as I enjoy this one.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Madeleine Stowes Forum Topic Next Topic: Extra Battle Scene in the DVD  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.53 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07