The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 9:59:16 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 "Extra Battle Scene in the DVD
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Any Eric Schweig fans left here? Topic Next Topic: Cartoon Version of LOTM  

Pike Bishop
Pathfinder

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 26 2003

Posted - November 29 2003 :  3:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Pike Bishop a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am fairly new here and I just bought the DVD so forgive me if someone has brought this up before.

Overall I like the DVD, the night scenes are so much clearer than VHS, and I do not miss the three or four lines of dialogue that were cut out.

I do have to agree with Michael Mann for putting that extra battle footage in, with Heyward leading troops outside the fort, while Hawkeye and Uncas cover the courier.

In addition to being exciting battle footage this also is a good scene in establishing the character of Duncan that the theatrical and VHS versions don't do.

This scene plainly demonstates that Duncan, whatever his other faults and jealousies, is a brave and competant British officer, cool under fire. Duncan's military efficiency can only be guessed at in the other versions of the film.

I think it was good inclusion.
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 30 2003 :  07:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, it was a great inclusion! As were some of the other add-ins. A superior version, IMHO. No questioning the improved video/audio quality.

As time goes on, though, I do find myself missing some of the removed dialogue - wondering "why," too, in some cases.

Director's Cut Edition
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Tasblades
Lost in the Wilderness

November 25 2003

Posted - November 30 2003 :  09:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tasblades's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have to agree as well. It does the director a great injustice when his film is "cut up" by the studio. The director is always judged by the outcome of the film and when the studio does this, it takes away from the directors true vision and sorytelling talent...it's unfair to him/her. It is only when we get a "Directors Cut" version do we fully realize the true vizualization of the artist and in my opinion, it always helps the story and promotes understanding. Questions are answered. Great DVD!

Peace

Peace

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - December 01 2003 :  04:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pike Bishop

I am fairly new here and I just bought the DVD so forgive me if someone has brought this up before.

Overall I like the DVD, the night scenes are so much clearer than VHS, and I do not miss the three or four lines of dialogue that were cut out.

I do have to agree with Michael Mann for putting that extra battle footage in, with Heyward leading troops outside the fort, while Hawkeye and Uncas cover the courier.

In addition to being exciting battle footage this also is a good scene in establishing the character of Duncan that the theatrical and VHS versions don't do.

This scene plainly demonstates that Duncan, whatever his other faults and jealousies, is a brave and competant British officer, cool under fire. Duncan's military efficiency can only be guessed at in the other versions of the film.

I think it was good inclusion.

This battle scene should have been included in the theatrical release.It was too good to be left for DVD in my opinion.Better late than never I suppose.

Highlander
  Previous Topic: Any Eric Schweig fans left here? Topic Next Topic: Cartoon Version of LOTM  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.22 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07