The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 1:26:38 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 LOTM-silent film/Deerslayer silent film.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Madeleine Stowes Lips Topic Next Topic: Killdeer rifle - Fitz and Susquesas  

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
September 03 2003

Posted - September 08 2003 :  11:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the silent version of LOTM? Also I've heard there was a silent film version of "Deerslayer". If anyone has any info on either I would greatly appreciate hearing about them. Thanks.
report to moderator

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - September 09 2003 :  12:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a copy of the Silent LOTM I taped it off of Turner Classic Movies on one of there "Silent Sundays"..(no commericals...*smiles* )

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

susquesus
Mad Hermit of the North Woods

Susquesus
USA

September 03 2003

Posted - September 22 2003 :  12:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I was puttering around the James Fenimore Cooper Society Homepage and found some stills from the 1911 production of the Deerslayer, pretty interesting if you're a Deerslayer fan, if you're unfamiliar this was the last Leatherstocking tale written, it's subtitle is "The First Warpath. It takes place futhest back in Hawkeye's life, he's about 25, this is where he receives Killdeer, kills his first Mingo, we meet Chingachgook's wife, Hist. There's a ton of background info here-Hawkeye's first love-the delectable Judith Hutter. At any rate it's the best written of the stories, most understandable at any rate. But I digress, the link to the photos is:

http://external.oneonta.edu/cooper/gallery/p-cards.html

The JFC society page is great, chock full of info and if you have any ?'s they can answer them and usually very quickly, on a sunday afternoon I got a response within half an hour. Send any Cooper ?'s to:

jfcooper@stny.rr.com

Hope someone gets something useful out of this.

Scott Bubar
Colonial Militia

USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 22 2003 :  9:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sort of a scary picture, isn't it?

Still, some of think Hawkeye in the pic bears a certain resemblance to DLL.

~~Aim small, miss small.

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 23 2003 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He does look like DD-L. Have you seen "The Bounty"? He wears a goofy hat like the one in this picture.

Theresa
  Previous Topic: Madeleine Stowes Lips Topic Next Topic: Killdeer rifle - Fitz and Susquesas  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07