The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 8:13:58 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Wampum (The Movie) - Movie Proposal Idea
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: LOTM Cels for sale on Ebay Topic Next Topic: Eric Schweig movie  

WampumWorld
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 28 2003

Posted - August 28 2003 :  10:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit WampumWorld's Homepage  Send WampumWorld an AOL message  Send WampumWorld an ICQ Message  Click to see WampumWorld's MSN Messenger address  Send WampumWorld a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

I am looking for a writer or writers to help me with a project I am working on for a while now. It is about the story of wampum and is to be in a historical novel form ... similar to the last of the mohican's novel and then a subsequent movie.

I want this writing to be from the American Indian side, as the Last of the Mohicans was very from teh white point of view as I have been told by varios different Indians.

It is to be on the level of Steven Spielburg's "Holocaust" movie, not as graphic, but similar and has to have a dramatic romance in it.

I want this writing to be the basis for a subsesquent movie and is to be the prequel to the Last of the Mohicans and is to be set around in the 1620's or 1630's in Manhattan Island, New Netherlands, New England, and New France.

Feel free to contact me at josh@wampumworld.com to help with ideas or post them here.

Wampum World Jewelry Company
Joshua L. Freeman
508-982-6723
www.WampumWorld.com
report to moderator

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 28 2003 :  11:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well,I'm afraid I wouldn't be any help to ya since my history on this period of time is dull.I'm busy at the moment writing my own novel on the Alamo.I wish you luck though....Your project may be long,but wouldn't it be worth it?Good Luck

Wade

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 31 2003 :  07:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This would be a most ambitious project ... you'd need an excellent writer, one who can write with the big screen in mind, and knowledgeable consultants for the history, language, etc. Waaaaaaaaaay over our heads!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: LOTM Cels for sale on Ebay Topic Next Topic: Eric Schweig movie  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07