The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
7/1/2024 1:41:45 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Historical Sites!
 Old Bedford Village
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Battle of Hucks Defeat - Brattonsville, SC Topic Next Topic: Farewell, Old Man...  

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
February 04 2003

Posted - June 17 2003 :  6:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Old Bedford Village is located in the Laurel Highlands/South Alleghenies region of Pennsylvania.It offers a living history museum and native american settlement.Its mission is to preserve & interpret regional history,early rural architecture,artifacts and folk life through displays,oral interpretation and craft demos.They have an upcoming event in their 1758 Camp at Raystown on Aug.1-3 2003.www.oldbedfordvllage.com

Highlander
report to moderator

scotranger
Pathfinder

Leo
USA

May 04 2003

Posted - June 18 2003 :  09:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mr. Highlander, just a correction. The event at Old Bedford village is actually on the following weekend. I'm sure they scheduled there event not to conflict with Bushy Run's event on August 2 and 3, 2003.

Scotranger

"NATIVUM RETINET DECUS-ET DOMI, ET FORIS"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - June 18 2003 :  5:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by scotranger

Mr. Highlander, just a correction. The event at Old Bedford village is actually on the following weekend. I'm sure they scheduled there event not to conflict with Bushy Run's event on August 2 and 3, 2003.

Your Welcome Mr.Livingston,although I wasn't aware that we were in a competition here?Nor,that the dates were changed.OBV is private,therefore they don't take a subordinate role to the needs of the PHMC as The Boone Homestead did last year for the Grand Encampment.Do you think that I'm going to take away your reenactors and deprive you of an event as was done at The Fort Pitt Colonial Fair this year?Sometimes sites just have events which happen to coincide, that's all.If you have something superior to offer at Bushy Run this year,then you have nothing to worry about right?Otherwise,its just the cost of doing business.

Highlander

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 22 2003 :  02:02:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Old Bedford Village is a wonderful place to both visit and reenact. Roger Kirwin, the director, is also a living historian (with both Muskets of the Crown units, as well as a Rev War 17th Light Dragoon Troop) and this reflects in the excellent events that he hosts. The "1758 Camp at Raystown" is a growing event, and given Roger's good name and reputation, it is soon to become one of the premiere events in the region. Here at Graham's Company of the 42nd RHR, we are looking at making the "1758 Camp at Raystown" one of our two August events (The other being the 'Old Stone House Tactical' hosted by Vince Watson, a French Marine reenactor and good friend of mine).
That being said, I would recommend a visit to Old Bedford Village to anyone travelling in or near the Bedford (PA) area.

Your Most Humble Servant,

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."
  Previous Topic: Battle of Hucks Defeat - Brattonsville, SC Topic Next Topic: Farewell, Old Man...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.22 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07