The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 5:31:17 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Alice's Choice
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Cora and Uncas should of been in love. Topic Next Topic: Soundtrack CD questions  

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 19 2003

Posted - May 19 2003 :  04:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In watching the movie over and over again I can'thelp but notice Alice's reactions to Duncan. She is very happy to see him when he shows up in Albany and when Duncan goes to talk to Cora Alice gets up so they can talk. My question is; did Alice want Cora to be with Duncan or were there perhaps some feelings for him on her part? Throughout the movie you see her clinging on to Duncan and hardly ever leaving his side. It bugs me everytime I watch it. Maybe I am reading into it too much but would like to hear some other opinions.
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 19 2003 :  08:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Chasis, my take on this is that Alice considered Duncan as a close friend of the family, who may one day become her brother-in-law. She was so very naive that I think the affection she showed to him was like sister to brother... perhaps with just a smidge of "puppy-love" infatuation thrown in. In fact, she reminds me of a puppy: sort of jumping around his feet, being clingy and so on.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Lurking Huron8169
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 20 2003 :  12:44:37 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Actually in the novel, Duncan is head over heels for Alice. Duncan has to marry Cora though. Duncan felt a need to protect his fragile love from the uncivilized wilderness. WHile Cora is leading the way in the wild.

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - May 20 2003 :  02:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I never read the book but it sounds like it is very different from the movie.
  Previous Topic: Cora and Uncas should of been in love. Topic Next Topic: Soundtrack CD questions  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07