The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 7:25:04 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Soundtrack CD questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Alices Choice Topic Next Topic: Attention Cora Fans  

sidony
Pioneer

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 21 2002

Posted - May 18 2003 :  11:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only recently listened to the actual CD of the sountrack. There was about 20 seconds of the Clanad song- isn't it supposed to be longer?! Is all of the Sountrack recorded with an orchestra? Which track did you like LEAST? I found "Bits and Pieces of a Story" and "British Arrival" least compelling. I loved the rest, with "Cora", "The Kiss" and "The Courier" being particular favourites.

Also, I read somewhere that there was another recording of the sountrack which came out recently. Has anyone got this version, and is it better than the original recording?
report to moderator

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - May 19 2003 :  04:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would have to say that I enjoyed the whole soundtrack. It'snice to listen to while taking a relaxing bath. I bought the Clanad cd because it has to entire uncut song on it. Yes the soundtrack does cut up the song.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Ellie
Pioneer

mountain scene
United Kingdom

July 22 2002

Posted - May 19 2003 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I love the soundtrack, it is what mesmerised me to the film in the fist place. I dont think I have heard a better or emotive piece of music since LOTM.

I have a different recording of the official soundtrack, by the Royal Scottish Orchestra, conducted by Joel McNeely. It is very different, to start with it has been recorded in the correct sequence to the film and some of the arrangements are ever so slightly different. It has much more of a 'raw' sound to it and the production is not as slick as on the official release. The main issue I have with it, is the percussion on a few of the tracks - if you play it at high volume the bass is so loud it jars quite heavily and I have had to turn the volume down. It is an interesting recording and nice to have a bit of variation but I always go back to the official one. The funniest thing is the CD cover, it looks like a photo of Hawkeye and Cora, but it was not until I got the CD that I realised it was a painting of them (possibly due to rights etc) and they have Hawkeyes nose all wrong!

Lurking Huron8169
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - May 20 2003 :  12:40:50 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The sd is great but I can hardly listen to the clanned song. I was disapointed to listen to a 1:40 second song. The dvd didn't even have the clanned song. People, please buy the VHS tape, not the dvd. IF you want clanned you got to but the VHS? plus its cheaper
  Previous Topic: Alices Choice Topic Next Topic: Attention Cora Fans  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07