Out By The Corner Mailbox
Out By The Corner Mailbox
9/27/2024 5:24:35 PM
Events | Active Polls | Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads | Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend Out On The Corner!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Net IPGate Include
 All Forums
 Public Notices
 Where Are They Now?!?
 Ben Daidone was looking for Rob Carapezza?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Steve Buscemi from Central, class of 75? Topic Next Topic: Where are they now?  

Bean
Still Hangin' At The Mailbox

USA

Posted - February 19 2003 :  12:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know how to Reach Rob Carapezza for Ben?
How about any of these People....
Aldo Arena
Jerry Locastro
Gary Montelbano ( who the last time I saw him was NYC detective )
Janet Malberg ( last known living in LA area I think)
Pete Holtz, ran in to him about 10 years ago, was part owber of Iron Horse Motorcyles in Hempstead )
Craig Marta Hey Mike Stanko and Doc I know you are in touch with Craig so get him on this page !!!
Joanne Scoma
Lou Doulcimascola..

Edited by - Bean on February 19 2003 12:29:02 AM

KatCoconut
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - February 19 2003 :  5:04:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit KatCoconut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all, the cycle shop is Rolling Thunder in hempstead. Iron Horse was the one on Merrick Rd. in the 70s. But Peter is a partner at Rolling Thunder. The Shop has a website. and the phone number is 516 489-0770 Check Google for the web addy.

And secondly, def get Craig on the page.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Bean

USA

Posted - February 19 2003 :  5:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooops I meant Rolling Thunder, I should have known better !!!
I have had my Harley Fatboy over there a few times when I was still living near my parents in Valley Stream.

Frank where's my " I'd Rather be Riding " bumpersticker when I need it...Born to be Wild

hey who are you kid kat coconut, are you Ricky's Wife...I started out playing baseball with Rickie on the VFW Panthers with Joe Greco and not Joe the Rock Star Greco from Spartucus...although I use to Jam with Joe and Pete..now who was in Tree Bob Carapezza on Drums, Ben Daidone on Bass and Peter on guitar...I use to love their cover of Jethro Tull's Cat Squirrel...The Bandshell at the Green will live forever...even if FTW almost detroyed it, I dont think till this day they have ever let another rock band play there after we did....

Big Arhtur and the Savoy Brown Boogie and the Boogets who were flashing their boobs long before Motely Crue was ever thought of...

Now who was in Eat DOG, the follow up to tree, then there was Gibbous,
with the amazing Jeffery Zohler on Drums and Jerry and Arthur...
the first thing I ver heard them do in Jeff's basment on Wheeler Ave was Led Zeps How many More times and it blew my away !!!

Edited by - Bean on February 19 2003 5:55:32 PM

KatCoconut
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - February 20 2003 :  09:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit KatCoconut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are correctomundo. I'm Rick's wife, and Little Ricky's mother. Just call me Lucy. Who are you Bean? I got an email yesterday with nothing but a link to this place from ZangStanko and thought I'd check it out. They probably thought I had a big enough mouth to spread the word. Believe me, some of the stories I've heard about the band days. Like trading an album for a guitar that got smashed on stage. Right after I left yesterday's message, I started thinking about Jeff Zohler, and Big Artie. Hmmm. Must have been my quirky esp when you were posting their names. lol. So really, do I know you?

Bean

USA

Posted - February 20 2003 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think we have ever met but I know your husband since we were kids and played little league baseball together for the VFW Panthers and Wildcats and later the PBC...with Joe Greco and Richie Federici's fathers as our coaches. ( not the rock star Joe Greco the other one )
which reminds me of Joe Piazza the drummer and his band...I'll save that for another post...
Anyway even though your husband and I went to different Valley Stream grammer schools, I went to shaw ave, we hooked up later at Cenrtal and although we were never in the same bands together we jammed together a few times and played in bands with the same people like Ben Daidone who is living out in LA and I still keep in touch with...as for Big Arthur who was in FTW with Jimmy Doc, Me and Mike Russell aka Dink...Arhtur is selling fords at Syosset Ford, I just found this out and just last night sent him emails and voice mails and I have not spoke to him in about 30 years so I'm sure he is freaked out and I did not tell him who I was, just rambled on about all the old bands and insane things we did...like him smashing the guitar over my head at the infamouse Holy Name of Mary Chruch show we did on the Friday night after Thanksgiving in 1970 as mentioned in other posts on this forum...
OK, anyway did are you from VS too and go to cnetral ? if so what's your name...if you did than oyu know who I am for sure..Frank Lima but known by many other names...
I'll post in a following reply to this the email for Syosset Ford so you can try reaching Big Arthur....here's Ben Dadoines emial though so Rick or anyone else who knew Ben can contact him;

airman23@earthlink.net -this is Ben Dadoines email address

Frank

Edited by - Bean on February 20 2003 11:26:44 AM

stanko
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - February 25 2003 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit stanko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Karen and I saw Elana (and her husband, Sandro) within the last year for about an hour when she was in V.S. for a wedding and it was so great seeing each other after all these years we got tears in our eyes. She is as up and fun and Zany as always. Check out her website at WWW.narrativeanimal.com

Bean

USA

Posted - February 26 2003 :  12:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael,
I ran in to Elena about 10 or 11 years ago too when she was visiting here from California. It was late at night and Alice and I were coming home from a concert in NYC on the LIRR when I noticed this girl by herself staring at me and sure enough it was Elena...
I checked out her website and tried to find an email address to email her but couldn't find one. If you have one for her could you send it to me or put it on this page...I want to let her know about this forum so she can get on it too. - Frank

We may see you Friday night at Carnagie for the Tibet show...it should be cool with Ray and Bowie playing !!!

richfed
Into the 60's

USA

Posted - February 26 2003 :  05:32:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Elena just sent me a very nice E-mail & promises to make an appearence here soon! I look forward to having her over!

Looked at their web site [thanks, Mike] - very nice & artsy!

Bean

USA

Posted - February 26 2003 :  06:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

RICHIE KEWL NEWS ABOUT ELENA

stanko
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - February 26 2003 :  3:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit stanko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frank...we are sitting on the floor, about 20 rows back for the Tibet show. Last time we sat on the floor, Todd, yes, that Todd, sat right next to Karen, It was fun hearing him goof on Natalie Merchant's fat calfs. You shoulda been there. but anyhow, They added Lou Reed to the line up . and you know about Rufus, ... hope to see you there. (and, please, don't sit outside like you did last year)

Bean

USA

Posted - February 27 2003 :  02:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, Richie - Does Elena have an email address, couldn't find one on her & husbands web page?

Michael -
You never mentioned about Rundgren sitting next to you last year...so what did Karen do to scare him?...Ray is still afraid of her from that time I tried to introduce you to him after that show at the West Beth theatre...
It took me the rest of the night to convince his body guard that she ( and you ) were harmless, it's a good thing he knew you were friends of mine !

Actually we don't have tiks yet for Friday night, but we still may go and try to get in either by buying scalper tiks or I know if I can see Ray before the show he will get us in. If we are definitely going to be there I'll give you a call and maybe we can meet before like we did last year..that was fun and the food at that place across from Carnagie was great.

Frank

Edited by - Bean on February 27 2003 02:36:19 AM

stanko
Still A Babe

USA

Posted - February 27 2003 :  9:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit stanko's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excuse me Frank. You go to every friggin show there is and only might go to THIS show. Why Ray, Bowie, Ziggy, Lou, Laurie, Phillip Glass, Rufus, did I mention Ray Davis isn't enough music power to get you out of New Jersey. Forget the Kinks... God save Frank!

Bean

USA

Posted - February 28 2003 :  01:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I Sense FRANK BASHING HERE !
and I Deserve it ! or is that BEAN MASHING !

btw spoke to Big Arhtur onthe phone today, probably the first time we spoke in over 30 years !

Edited by - Bean on February 28 2003 01:33:02 AM

Bean

USA

Posted - December 23 2003 :  04:35:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At Mike Pascuzzi's Christmas party last Sat. I think it was Doc who said that Carapezza was back in Valley Stream living at his parents house..I emailed Ben and told him that. - Bean
  Previous Topic: Steve Buscemi from Central, class of 75? Topic Next Topic: Where are they now?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Google Search

Search for: