Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/4/2024 1:09:30 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Battle of the Little Bighorn - 1876
 Custer's Last Stand
 Quiz
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Reno Court of Inquiry & Official Documents Topic Next Topic: Was lack of precision in Custers orders a factor
Page: of 2

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - October 30 2009 :  08:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Court would not have been convened unless Reno specifically requested it. Reno did so only because he was assured that he would be vindicated by the very personnel who were in charge of this torrid affair.

joe a typical statement that you make. So list each offcer that sat on the court that you have evidence that they assured Reno that he would be vindicated.

My guess is that your list has no names on it.

AZ Ranger

“ An officer's first duty is to his horses.”

SEMPER FI
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - October 30 2009 :  9:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your guess would be absolutely correct; there would be no names. My lack of evidence does not preclude the possibility that my theory is correct, it just prevents from proving it which I would never claim. Any theory should be based upon a reasonable assumption at the least. from that point, one attempts to examine the whole picture of an incident. One way of doing so is to capture the persona of the witness, his or her motivation for testifying as they do, then draw reasonable conclusions based on common sense.

There was a period of time in our history when a first degree homicide conviction was impossible without locating the body. Look what has transpired in the last couple of decades, numerous individuals are awaiting their introduction to the twilight zone although a corpse was not part of the evidence presented.

this turn of events are a result of society's critical recognitions that as police technology grows so does man's ability to commit heinous and clever crimes like never before.

I earnestly repeat, I do not take any pleasure in called a man a "liar" be he dead or alive. I do believe the officers lied/stretched the truth/had selective memory/fear retaliation from a commanding officer/and or were induced to participate in the above.

Why? For the honor of the military which suffered condemnation and censure from a public that was still tired and stinging from 4 horrible years of horrendous warfare. A public that had the same mis-trust for a standing army as it did its police officers. A public who, sadly, regarded the American Indian as inhuman savages and, could not accept the reality of defeat by these heathens. Therefore, someone had to be at fault for this national disgrace.

Who better than Custer and his whole command who lay molding on the battlefield for several tears. men lie when properly motivated to preserve their personal honor from scrutiny. No az, I have no names on a list. I simple have common sense and a realization that the inquiry was so packed with convoluted mis-information that something was truly amiss.
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Reno Court of Inquiry & Official Documents Topic Next Topic: Was lack of precision in Custers orders a factor  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03