Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
5/4/2024 12:42:56 AM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Battle of the Little Bighorn - 1876
 Custer's Last Stand
 Did Benteen harbor an aversion against Custer?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: What happened to decorum? Topic Next Topic: The 7ths marksmanship
Page: of 3

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 03 2011 :  01:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joe wiggs

quote:
Originally posted by AZ Ranger

Again you are putting quotes within my post that is also quoted. Its only ignorance after the first time it pointed out to you.

How dare I use my inalienable rights as a human being to dispute how you feel! I should be drawn and quatered. Can you ever forgive me your Majesty? I do not deserve to live!

Tell us how one (successfully) disputes how another feels on a message board?

“ An officer's first duty is to his horses.”

SEMPER FI
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 03 2011 :  10:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Az, I'm really beginning to worry about you my friend. I honestly can not decipher your last message, I haven't a clue as to what you are trying to say,really i don't.

Perhaps you should consider retiring, as i have, from your department and get a little rest. After all, at 63, you are practically working for free. if you joined at the minimum age (21) you are currently a 42 year old veteran. As you are, undoubtedly aware, retirement begins at 20 years service. 22 years later, your retirement payment is more than your actual pay. Why go on burdening your body with exposure to the criminal element when you can sit back in leisure and make more money while doing it.

I retired with 21 years service 14 years ago and I'm loving it. Hey, I wonder if they have a silver medal for the oldest, active police officer in the world! You would be a cinch buddy!

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 09 2011 :  08:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Az, I'm really beginning to worry about you my friend. I honestly can not decipher your last message, I haven't a clue as to what you are trying to say,really i don't.

Perhaps you should consider retiring, as i have, from your department and get a little rest. After all, at 63, you are practically working for free. if you joined at the minimum age (21) you are currently a 42 year old veteran. As you are, undoubtedly aware, retirement begins at 20 years service. 22 years later, your retirement payment is more than your actual pay. Why go on burdening your body with exposure to the criminal element when you can sit back in leisure and make more money while doing it.

I retired with 21 years service 14 years ago and I'm loving it. Hey, I wonder if they have a silver medal for the oldest, active police officer in the world! You would be a cinch buddy!

It was never about the money something maybe you can't understand. My current goal is to pass on to the new officers from my own experiences.

Seems odd you feel that you know about all state and local retirement systems. Are you sure all law enforcement has a 20 year plan?
In our system you don't max out till 32 years which is at 80%. We also have a drops plan where you retire and the retirement system banks your retirement for you while you continue to work for up to 5 years.

So your assessment is as usual without attention to facts. Myself I spent time the Marine Corps and then got a degree at the University of Arizona. That takes times but the degree is required for the job.

AZ Ranger

SEMPER FI

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 10 2011 :  5:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It was never about the money something maybe you can't understand. My current goal is to pass on to the new officers from my own experiences.

quote:
Unless your department has a minimum amount of manpower, there should be a substantial amount of officers to pass on that "Torch of Valor" to the new guys. Do you honestly feel that you "experience" is so inclusive of all that is know to man regarding police work that your department would, somehow, collapse if you left?

Seems odd you feel that you know about all state and local retirement systems. Are you sure all law enforcement has a 20 year plan?

quote:
All systems have a plan that usually begin at twenty years until you reach a maximum position which is usually 75% of you base pay. You do not have to be a Houdini fiscal affairs to know this information, just common sense. I left in 21 years because at 49 years i was to damn old to be chasing bad guys.

In our system you don't max out till 32 years which is at 80%. We also have a drops plan where you retire and the retirement system banks your retirement for you while you continue to work for up to 5 years.

quote:
I do not profess to know anything about your system nor have I ever indicated that I desired to know anything about your system. what I do know is the following;
It is insane to have a 63 year old man on the force who pay scale is so advanced that he would be making less money while active as he would retired. If you want to "pass on" some intellectual greatness rehire as a civilian instructor at your Academy.

So your assessment is as usual without attention to facts. Myself I spent time the Marine Corps and then got a degree at the University of Arizona. That takes times but the degree is required for the job.

quote:
Here is an assessment for you! Police in every part of this Country have developed a "brotherhood" and loyalty to each other that was created, developed, and honed over years of constant battles to Protect and Serve a community that have fought against us, refused to understand us, and have repeatedly harbored ill will against the "Thin Blue Line." As a result, 50% of all retirees (National scale) committee suicide within a five year period of retirement. Misunderstood, chastised, and scorned by the very populace we swore to protect will do that to you.

Now here's the rub, from the moment you posted me sometime ago and denigrated and ridiculed my department (Prince George's County Police)as being brutal and the recipient of enormous civilian complaints I knew you were not a member of the Brotherhood. Real Cops don't do that to real Cops! Only civilians who have no idea of the danger we encounter daily would make such a statement. Get my drift!
AZ Ranger

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 10 2011 :  5:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

JwiggsPerhaps you should consider retiring, as i have, from your department and get a little rest. After all, at 63, you are practically working for free. if you joined at the minimum age (21) you are currently a 42 year old veteran. As you are, undoubtedly aware, retirement begins at 20 years service. 22 years later, your retirement payment is more than your actual pay. Why go on burdening your body with exposure to the criminal element when you can sit back in leisure and make more money while doing it.

AZIt was never about the money something maybe you can't understand. My current goal is to pass on to the new officers from my own experiences.

quote:
JwiggsUnless your department has a minimum amount of manpower, there should be a substantial amount of officers to pass on that "Torch of Valor" to the new guys. Do you honestly feel that your "experience" is so inclusive (of all that is know to man regarding police work) that your department would,somehow, collapse if you left?

AZSeems odd you feel that you know about all state and local retirement systems. Are you sure all law enforcement has a 20 year plan?

quote:

JwiggsAll systems have a plan that usually begin upon attaining twenty years and continues until you reach a maximum position which is usually propostionate with 75% of you base pay. You do not have to be a Houdini of fiscal affairs to know this information, just common sense. I left in 21 years because at 49 years I was to damn old to be chasing bad guys.

AZIn our system you don't max out till 32 years which is at 80%. We also have a drops plan where you retire and the retirement system banks your retirement for you while you continue to work for up to 5 years.

quote:

JwiggsI do not profess to know anything about your system nor have I ever indicated that I desired to know anything about it if memory does not fail me. what I do know is the following:
It is insane to have a 63 year old man on the force whose pay scale is so advanced that he would be making less money while active then if he retired. If you want to "pass on" some intellectual greatness rehire as a civilian instructor at your Academy.

AZSo your assessment is as usual without attention to facts. Myself I spent time the Marine Corps and then got a degree at the University of Arizona. That takes times but the degree is required for the job.

quote:

JwiggsHere is an assessment for you! Police in every part of this Country have developed a "brotherhood" and loyalty to each other that was created, developed, and honed over years of constant battles to Protect and Serve a community that has fought against us, refused to understand us, and have repeatedly harbored ill will against the "Thin Blue Line." As a result, 50% of all retirees (National scale) commit suicide within a five year period of retirement. Misunderstood, chastised, and scorned by the very populace we swore to protect will do that to you.

Now here's the rub, from the moment you posted me sometime ago and denigrated and ridiculed my department (Prince George's County Police)as being brutal and the recipient of enormous civilian complaints I knew you were not and never could be a member of the Brotherhood. Real Cops don't do that to real Cops! Only civilians who have no idea of the danger we encounter daily would make such a statement. Get my drift!
AZ Ranger

Edited by - joe wiggs on December 10 2011 5:35:02 PM

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 18 2011 :  03:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe first off I presented what was on the Internet and you could not refute it. Every agency has bad officers and bad times. So what I think you forget is that you are not an officer and have not been in the business for many years. We no longer have the good old boy syndrome and what happens in the Department stays in the Department. Things change so get over it. I do agree that eastern agencies have more tendencies that you describe from my observations.

I think you don't understand what my agency does or you couldn't make the statements you do. We make lots of contacts that do not involve probable cause stops. Just how much patrol work did your supervisor do? Seems LTs and above don't do much patrol work do they?

You're right officers out here put integrity before any thin blue line. Not only for personal reasons but to maintain a job.

If the persons who wrote the articles were wrong or the Federal agencies did something wrong to your former agency I would suggest you talk to them or sue them. Maybe your FOP could look into that. Ours would do that.

AZ Ranger

SEMPER FI

Edited by - AZ Ranger on December 18 2011 03:16:13 AM

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 18 2011 :  03:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Joe here again is your typical ignorant statements.

JwiggsI do not profess to know anything about your system nor have I ever indicated that I desired to know anything about it if memory does not fail me what I do know is the following:
It is insane to have a 63 year old man on the force whose pay scale is so advanced that he would be making less money while active then if he retired. If you want to "pass on" some intellectual greatness rehire as a civilian instructor at your Academy.

Now lets look at the reason why I chose ignorant with only your words posted below even you can figure it out:

JwiggsI do not profess to know anything about your system nor have I ever indicated that I desired to know anything about it if memory does not fail me

After all, at 63, you are practically working for free. if you joined at the minimum age (21) you are currently a 42 year old veteran. As you are, undoubtedly aware, retirement begins at 20 years service.

SEMPER FI

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 18 2011 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Joe first off I presented what was on the Internet and you could not refute it. Every agency has bad officers and bad times. So what I think you forget is that you are not an officer and have not been in the business for many years. We no longer have the good old boy syndrome and what happens in the Department stays in the Department. Things change so get over it. I do agree that eastern agencies have more tendencies that you describe from my observations.

I think you don't understand what my agency does or you couldn't make the statements you do. We make lots of contacts that do not involve probable cause stops. Just how much patrol work did your supervisor do? Seems LTs and above don't do much patrol work do they?

You're right officers out here put integrity before any thin blue line. Not only for personal reasons but to maintain a job.

If the persons who wrote the articles were wrong or the Federal agencies did something wrong to your former agency I would suggest you talk to them or sue them. Maybe your FOP could look into that. Ours would do that.

AZ Ranger

Az, real police officers do not denigrate other officer based upon news articles! Aware of media tactics, real police officers obtain facts prior to making idiotic and unsubstantiated statements. No officer in this Country is active, full time, at the age of 63! Such a policy would be detrimental to any law enforcement agency for reasons of civil action should the officer succumb to death with no reasonable preventive actions on behalf of the aggrieved department which would be held liable.

Now you asked for this by continuing to act like a naughty child instead of an adult in your responses. I do not enjoy exposing your for the charlatan you are but you forced my head.

Please do not push this sad incident any further and try to stay on topic; I know you can do it if you really try!

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 18 2011 :  11:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Again you are wrong there are plenty of peace officers that are in their 60s where have you been hiding? For a guy that poses as a female to get sympathy on his weak posts or reduce their criticism it doesn't surprise me you use words like "naughty" is that one of your police terms or your female poster terms.

What is it that you think you have exposed? Only your own ignorance is my opinion. I posted your words against yourself and you still don't get it.

As far as pushing things I respond to your posts and certainly am not afraid of your posts. It is you that brought up my age, my retirement system and information about your Department in old posts. The posts stated the federal government took action and that is either true or not. Which is it Joe?

So follow your own advice and see what happens.

AZ Ranger

SEMPER FI

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 21 2011 :  9:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just spent an half hour responding to your typical, name calling, juvenile responses but, lost it all through a quirk in the computer. I'll give you a condensed version this time.

You have identified yourself as a State Police Officer by utilizing an Arizona state badge on the other forum. Substantial departments adhere to a philosophy referred to as Vicarious Liability. Simple put, the department assumes responsibility to ensure that the best officer (healthiest) possible is on the street. the reason is also simple, should an officer fail to respond to his or her duty due to an undetected health issue, the department may be held responsible.
did I tell you I worked in Police Personnel for five years?

Hence the retirement system to ensure that personnel do not linger to long thus, becoming a liability.

It is true that some small towns utilize the constable system as well as the small town sheriff. You do not fall in that category.

Another thing, your childish vernacular and propensity to sling childish taunts belie your ability to have been a long term, experienced police officer. Also, I repeat - no real police officer refers to another department as "brutal" based on media reports..you did!

I post on this forum as Joe Wiggs, I post on Custer file as Joe Wiggs, I have not posted on your forum for a very long time because i could not stomach you and the pompous DC. (for the reader, az is convinced that I am a man pretending to be a female on another forum yet i use my real name on this forum as well as another. a wonderful example of Az's police, investigative abilities

Edited by - joe wiggs on December 21 2011 9:55:01 PM

AZ Ranger
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 22 2011 :  09:00:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joe you were exposed as having multiple personalities on the other board by the moderator by your ISP and you also admitted here. End of story on that subject.

You can't even look at the avatar on the other board and describe it properly. It does not say state police on it. Does it? I do work for the state as a peace officer. I have explained my job more than enough times and if you can't figure it out that is your problem.

Show us in my post previous to the one you just posted any name calling on my part. You can't and you fabricated or lied again. Ignorance is not a name rather a condition. You can fix that with knowledge.

Ron White has an album "You can't fix stupid"

It is an absolute lie that I referred to your Department as brutal. If that term was used it would be from the Federal Prosecutors or the writer of the article. Goggle your Department again and see that if stories don't continue. You act as if that is not common to most Departments it does and includes mine. So not sure of your point. Very seldom do the good things officers do make the news. In Arizona we have AZ POST as an overall review of an officers commissioning and publish an integrity bulletin of officers losing their commission. If you lose your POST commission you can't work anywhere. My different than losing a particular police job. If you attempt to cover for another officer and lie about it you will lose your AZ POST commission.

Kind of ends the good Ole boy era don't you think Joe?

What I recall is asking if this was your Department and posted the information or link to the information. Show us in my own words in a post where I state that. Now you now why I asked you to not put quotes inside my quotes.

SEMPER FI

Edited by - AZ Ranger on December 22 2011 09:03:57 AM

joe wiggs
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - December 23 2011 :  11:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Cloud

His testimony wasn't inconsistent, and you'd be hard put to provide an example.

quote:
Examples: Benteen insisted that he receive orders that were "senseless" "Valley Hunting As infinitum" and that hie return to to Custer's trail was in "violation of orders" that could have taken him to "Fort Benton." In fact, every time benteen referred to his "scout" his comments became increasingly bizarre. Every student of the battle is aware of these inconsistencies except you.

I'd glad your devoted scholarship concluded "Benteen believed that Custer deserted Major Elliot" because, you know, Benteen said so and, also, Custer had. You mean "either situation", not both.

quote:
Custer ordered Capt. Meyer with troops to extended search of at least two miles to ascertain the whereabouts of Elliot. the captain returned and reported that nothing was found. In addition, hundreds of warriors were observed pouring toward Custer from the villages down river. a reasonable conclusion was made that Elliot was still ahorse and, the entire command was in jeopardy of extermination if they did not exit immediately. Once again, you apparently were not aware of these facts.

I think you confuse Reno wishing to attend the funeral of his wife, denied by those other than Custer.

quote:
I think that for the third time you have no idea what you are talking about. the two events were separate and, sadly, you continue to post erroneous remarks.

Affecting the writing styles of others doesn't work for you.

quote:
What others are you referring to. No one was with me when I sat down to this computer.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: What happened to decorum? Topic Next Topic: The 7ths marksmanship  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03