Against All Odds Message Board
Against All Odds Message Board
10/8/2024 9:30:25 PM
Home | Old Board Archives | Events | Polls
Photo Album | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages | Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Chat
Bookmarks | Active Topics
Invite A Friend To Face The Odds!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Battle of the Little Bighorn - 1876
 Custer's Last Stand
 Can We Trust The History Channel?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: Indian Casualties Topic Next Topic: Friends of the Little Bighorn 2005 Calendar
Page: of 2

bhist
Lt. Colonel

Posted - January 26 2005 :  11:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit bhist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It’s PC to claim that Egyptians built the pyramids instead of slaves. After all, no one should ever consider that Egyptians ever owned slaves, so let’s change history to reflect the PC way of thinking.

Warmest Regards,
Bob
www.vonsworks.com
www.friendslittlebighorn.com
www.friendsnezpercebattlefields.org
Go to Bottom of PageGo to Top of Page

Dark Cloud
Brigadier General

USA

Posted - January 26 2005 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Cloud's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why would that be PC? Surely slaves did a lot of the grunt work, but what they've discovered are all these cities and honored graves of the workmen around the pyramids (too good for slaves) because the guys doing the fine toning on the stone work were both skilled, motivated, and obviously cared in the opinion of the guys studying it. Couldn't prove it by me.

I suspect that's sensitive because Israel, which since its inception has tried to find any and all verification of the Old Testament to cement their current claims, has failed in much of its intent. Their own archaeologists contend there isn't much or any evidence of the people living when claimed, or the cities existing where claimed, or of their slavery in Egypt, at least at the time the pyramids were built or much of anything still around.

Also, they've given the lie to the theory the trimenes of Greece and Rome were all slaves, or slaves at all for much the same reasons. They needed skilled oarsmen, not sluggish automatrons. They couldn't replace slaves all that quickly. Who knows, but it makes certain sense.

Dark Cloud
copyright RL MacLeod
darkcloud@darkendeavors.com
www.darkendeavors.com
www.boulderlout.com

Heavyrunner
Captain

USA

Posted - January 26 2005 :  5:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recall from boyhood the first time I read passages about the pyramids, learning that it took 100,000 slaves 20 years to build the great one. We've all since seen or read newer studies that indicate, for lack of better words, a "labor of love" on the pyramids and other sites in behalf of the pharoahs. I recall theories that individuals donated an amount of time on an annual basis or an amount of time annually. I find these possibilities pretty logical. The discoveries of so many individual graves/mummies of those believed to be the workers adds considerable credence.

Cecil B. DeMille not withstanding, Egypt was clearly a thriving, booming world power for thousands of years, with or without slaves. People may have paid their taxes through in-kind services or contributions of work. I don't know, but it sounds very reasonable, particularly in consideration of Egypt's very powerful, successful economy over so many centuries.

Bob Bostwick
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Indian Casualties Topic Next Topic: Friends of the Little Bighorn 2005 Calendar  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Custom Search

Against All Odds Message Board © 1998-2010 Rich Federici/Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
This page was raised in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03