The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 9:26:44 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Elk hunt non-blooper
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Cutting out Clanad Topic Next Topic: Uncas and Alice?  

Bruce
Lost in the Wilderness

Libra

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
April 15 2003

Posted - April 21 2003 :  09:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently read a post talking about the beginning scene, the Elk hunt, where someone ( I did too, watched it the night before I saw the post, that is why I was looking at blooper posts ) thought they saw a blooper because Hawkeye started out with his shirt on, and halfway through the scene it was off. After re-watching it, I did indeed see the quick scene where Uncas is running along side him (holding his rifle, I think) as Hawkeye ties his shirt around his waist.

My question is, do you think they added that quick scene of him tying it off, for continuity because it was indeed a blooper? Maybe someone noticed the discrepancy at a screening sometime later during filming, and they added it? Or has this been discussed before?

Thank you
report to moderator

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - April 21 2003 :  5:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It wasn't a blooper. There is a quick shot of him tying his shirt around his waist and that is why Uncas throws him his gun back!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Bruce
Lost in the Wilderness

Libra

April 15 2003

Posted - April 21 2003 :  6:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chasis_22

It wasn't a blooper. There is a quick shot of him tying his shirt around his waist and that is why Uncas throws him his gun back!

I did indeed see that, here is what i wrote above:

After re-watching it, I did indeed see the quick scene where Uncas is running along side him (holding his rifle, I think) as Hawkeye ties his shirt around his waist.

My question, well actually I was speculating, was, do you think that it started out as a blooper, and they went back later and re-filmed a scene showing him tying it off?

Once, we were here........
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Cutting out Clanad Topic Next Topic: Uncas and Alice?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07