The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/8/2024 6:18:01 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 When the Forest Ran Red:"Washington,Braddock etc."
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Recruiting - Computer Gaming Topic Next Topic: French and Indian War Encampment  

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - June 17 2002 :  10:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hullo,I welcome all serious F&I students to check out this documentary for your collection.www.paladincom.com

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.
report to moderator

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 28 2002 :  5:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is now official that the sequel to this movie will be called"George Washington's First War:The Battle for Fort Duquesne".It was formerly known as"Clash of Empires"but the name was changed by the director out of respect for the PBS 3 hour made for t.v. F&I movie of the same name.Check it out at:www.paladincom.com

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 29 2002 :  01:39:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is this the same PBS production where they intend not to use reenactors, but have mucho "talking head" types? If so, "yawnnnnnnn".

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 30 2002 :  01:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes,according to Mr.Matzen.("Eeeeeeeed where are all of the reenactors?")Although I don't see how they can pull it off that way.Then what do they do with the rest of the 20 million that they've raised for the project?EM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2002 :  02:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
20 million????? Well, lets see. First you have to grease the palms of the local politicians, for those sudden "Zoning Problems" that pop up during filming. Then you have to bribe the local union bosses to ensure that the hall doesn't send an army of nit-wits out to the site. You also have to pay an excessive rate for cateerers, property and bussiness owners as a form of kickback, since these people all come on the 'recomendation' of the previously mentioned politician. Then there are 'little' things like waste disposal, I don't know if everyone here knows this, but it isn't the Boys Scouts that handle that operation. I guess 20 million could get eaten up here in The 'Burgh in short order.

Your Humble Servant,

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2002 :  02:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
P.S.- And I haven't even factored in the large 'donations' to the local education institutions as a form of honorium, for required use of their "experts", in the 'talking head' role.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 30 2002 :  12:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
are correct my friend,since there was talk of corruption in Pittsburgh ever since George Washington was the Presidentand we've been losing ground ever since.EM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 31 2002 :  09:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Is R.M. still looking at a spring release of the sequel?

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 31 2002 :  5:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
May 2003 providing funding comes through.EM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 12 2002 :  10:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know, Captain, when you win your presidency back on the Ft. Pitt Board, we could use a little political muscle to get funding for the third installment. That should keep R.M. focused on the project.

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - November 15 2002 :  7:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree Sgt.Methinks that our director will be doing a third wether he likes it or not.EM

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - October 27 2003 :  01:27:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This movie is due to be released on DVD sometime in April 2004.Look for more combat footage,plus Brian Cunning as GW(the same from GWFW except that he won't be wearing the blue regimentals of the First Virginia Regiment).Also look for some additional commentary from Dr.Steven Brumwell & Dr.Paul Kopperman.

Highlander

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - October 27 2003 :  01:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I bought and watched "When the Forest Ran Red" .. I found it educational, watchable and enjoyable.. so .. I was kinda happy with my purchase. As for talking heads....when we did the segment of "History or Hollywood, The Patriot" for the History Channel the experts were grilling us, the re-enactors, about the history of the region and how the movie stacked up against it. Every time I see him expounding on the History Channel now I think about that and wonder who he pumped for the info.

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - October 28 2003 :  03:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye_Joe

I bought and watched "When the Forest Ran Red" .. I found it educational, watchable and enjoyable.. so .. I was kinda happy with my purchase. As for talking heads....when we did the segment of "History or Hollywood, The Patriot" for the History Channel the experts were grilling us, the re-enactors, about the history of the region and how the movie stacked up against it. Every time I see him expounding on the History Channel now I think about that and wonder who he pumped for the info.

If you liked WTFRR,you'll love the sequel: "George Washington's First War:The Battles For Fort Duquesne".I'm not saying this because I'm in it either.Of all of the people I've spoken with(reenactors especially,since they can be a demanding bunch)they all seem to approve of it.I'm also credited with being one of the Technical Advisors(although my area was only the section on Grant's Defeat,which was the first time that this battle appeared on film).

Highlander

Hawkeye_Joe
Colonial Militia

USA

July 31 2003

Posted - October 28 2003 :  1:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be looking forward to it's release...

HAWK

"The scum of every nation gravitates to the frontier."
Benjamin Franklin 1750

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for
lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin 1759

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - October 28 2003 :  5:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sgt. Duncan,

No one has ever called me a macho talking head before! Is that a compliment? I'm not sure. But I was in the battle with a lot of other reenactors during filming of "When the Forest Ran Red", at Jumonville in 2000.

http://reenacting.net/jumonville.html

YH&OS,
Pvt. Chauncey

quote:
Originally posted by SgtMunro

Is this the same PBS production where they intend not to use reenactors, but have mucho "talking head" types? If so, "yawnnnnnnn".

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 28 2003 :  11:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pte. Goodrich,
If you would read my original quote which you had cut-n-paste, you will see that the word is MUCHO not MACHO. Both are Spanish, MUCHO means more/many and MACHO means masculine (of which I know you are not, since you are female, I may be getting into middle-age, but I can still tell the difference). I hope this answers your concerns.

Your Most Humble Servant,

-Or-

Pvt. Chauncey
Pioneer

Private Chauncey

October 05 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  8:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pvt. Chauncey's Homepage  Send Pvt. Chauncey an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think it was the "talking heads" part that had me concerned. I may babble on now and then...

quote:

Pte. Goodrich,
If you would read my original quote which you had cut-n-paste, you will see that the word is MUCHO not MACHO. Both are Spanish, MUCHO means more/many and MACHO means masculine (of which I know you are not, since you are female, I may be getting into middle-age, but I can still tell the difference). I hope this answers your concerns.

Your Most Humble Servant,

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2003 :  10:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No problem, Private Goodrich. As far as being concerned about the occasional 'babble' or 'rant', well you are in good company here (myself, very much included). I like a good 'babble' or 'rant' myself, even if I may not agree with the underlying message. That is the nature of free speech, I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Not a bad system of social interaction, wouldn't you say?

I Remain,
Your Comrade-in-Arms,

-Or-

Highlander
Colonial Militia

Bushy Run painting
USA

February 04 2003

Posted - October 30 2003 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Highlander's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

No problem, Private Goodrich. As far as being concerned about the occasional 'babble' or 'rant', well you are in good company here (myself, very much included). I like a good 'babble' or 'rant' myself, even if I may not agree with the underlying message. That is the nature of free speech, I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Not a bad system of social interaction, wouldn't you say?

I Remain,
Your Comrade-in-Arms,

Yeah!

Highlander

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 28 2004 :  11:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
When The Forest Ran Red (DVD)
Is now available, check it out through Paladin Communications

-Or-

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 01 2004 :  6:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

Paladin Communications

And, there's the link. Enjoy!!!
  Previous Topic: Recruiting - Computer Gaming Topic Next Topic: French and Indian War Encampment  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.45 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07