The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/5/2024 7:20:58 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 OFF THE BEATEN TRAIL
 Movies, Movies, More Movies! Any Movies!
 Gettysburg!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Black Hawk Down/GONY Topic Next Topic: The Golden Globe Awards  

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2003 :  12:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who would like to watch it again, Gettysburg will be shown tomorrow, Sunday the 26th, on TNT. It begins at 12:00 noon ET.

Also, the TNT website states that they will be debuting Bob Dylan's new song, "Cross the Green Mountain" from Gods and Generals. They say this will air somewhere between 5:15 and 5:45 pm. So, get your VCRs ready...
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 27 2003 :  09:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, Anthony, I too love Gettysburg. I enjoyed Dylan's new song. I usually like his songs a lot, but I just don't care to hear him sing. I guess his voice is just a little too "unpolished" (or something) for my taste.
WW
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - January 27 2003 :  4:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched Gettysburg for the very first time yesterday. I must say that it was rather lengthy due to all the commercials but I hung in there with it. Jeff Daniels was awesome as Chamberlain. I look forward to "Gods and Generals" and to Robert Duval playing Robert E. Lee as opposed to Martin Sheen (don't like him at all). As for Dylan, don't much care for his voice either, WW.

Theresa

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 27 2003 :  7:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa

I watched Gettysburg for the very first time yesterday. I must say that it was rather lengthy due to all the commercials but I hung in there with it. Jeff Daniels was awesome as Chamberlain.

I took the opportunity to tape it for my husband, so was able to "edit" out the commercials. They do tend to drag it out, don't they? Boy, do I agree with you on Jeff Daniels as Chamberlain! When we first saw it in the theater, Jeff's characterization and the story prompted us to do more research on Chamberlain, and he has become one of our heroes of the past. He was an amazing man... besides being a great soldier and leader. The state of Maine has reason to be very proud of him.
  Previous Topic: Black Hawk Down/GONY Topic Next Topic: The Golden Globe Awards  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07