The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/11/2024 6:20:46 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Soldier training footage from Soldier #1
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Did you find a camera on the set of LotM? Topic Next Topic: Just found on Ebay  

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 13 2007 :  10:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this has been posted already, but here is some pre-filming footage from Soldier #1, found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsbg1NtWuU0&mode=related&search=
report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 13 2007 :  11:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OMIGOSH - and it is over 30 minutes long~

VERY COOL! THanks Steph!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 14 2007 :  12:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! Those guys must've worked their @$$es off every day for weeks to get those shots right. And to think you never really see them much on screen. They must've been very dedicated.

On a different note, watching the practice shots with all of that right-face, left-face, right-face again stuff gave me flashbacks to high school marching band. The director wasn't exactly a drill sergeant but he sure thought he was. I can hear him now..."Detail! Right face! Detail! Horns up! Detail! Forward march!" He was known for drilling students so hard that kids routinely fainted in the 110-degree Texas summer heat. He made band camp seem like a weird version of boot camp.

Sorry. Random memories. Thanks for the footage!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 15 2007 :  11:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Pretty cool to see!

By chance is there any 30min. long footage on just Eric Schweig's character, Uncas?

Or maybe even the natives in the background!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - March 15 2007 :  3:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Like native training camp, with all those guys in loincloths? I guess one can always hope! Maybe if we found that camera lost on the set of LOTM....

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 16 2007 :  02:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Steph! Had a quick peek and it looks good. I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole thing.

LOL I've often thought the same thing of my band instructor too Red! Must be a pre-requisite for the position.

That would be heart-stoppingly awesome Light.. Something might come to 'light' someday. <sorry couldnt' resist the pun>

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 16 2007 :  2:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh ha-ha!

But I'm gonna' start searching. Not too long ago Rich posted a weekly update with pics from the shooting of LOTM and there were many, many NA men worth a twice over!

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - March 18 2007 :  11:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Excellent idea Light. Will you share what you might find with your fellow NA loving board buddies?

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 20 2007 :  3:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good going Stephanie. Thanks for the useful link.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - March 23 2007 :  12:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by paazau

Excellent idea Light. Will you share what you might find with your fellow NA loving board buddies?

Absolutely! We can all and some more!

Previous Topic: Did you find a camera on the set of LotM? Topic Next Topic: Just found on Ebay  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07