The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 5:50:09 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Question about Photo Sharing...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Bill Miller news Topic Next Topic: Happy Birthday Caitlin!!!  

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
October 13 2006

Posted - January 25 2007 :  07:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, all!

I just got my first digital camera over Christmas. Behind the times, I know, but, hey, I study dead languages, so when am I not ?

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some information on photo sharing sites. Useful or not? Worth the membership fees or not? Etc.

I've heard of Photobucket, Shutterfly, and Kodak Gallery. Anybody out there in Mohicanland had experience with these sites? I'd like to be able to share photos online with family and friends, but I want to know which site is the best "deal," I guess.

Thanks!
--RedFraggle
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2007 :  09:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Red, I just use the Kodak Gallery and the best thing is it's free. I am not familiar with the other sites you mentioned. Welcome to the world of digital photography. I would be totally lost without my digital camera. Photography was just so "primitive" before. I know you will have lots of "fun" with your new toy.

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - January 25 2007 :  10:09:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Red,

I use Google's Picasa. It's free, user friendly and I am quite happy with it. It has many cool features....

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2007 :  10:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My online photo sharing/storage site of choice is ImageShack. It's free (the basic stuff anyway, which is all anyone ever needs), it works really well, & it's simple to use. Just look for the yellow frog.

I remain,

Yr most obedient & humble geezer!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 25 2007 :  2:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And I have used Shutterfly before and it is also free and easy to use.

paazau
Colonial Settler

Australia

March 11 2006

Posted - January 27 2007 :  9:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Send paazau a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Red,
I use Yahoo Photos (http://new.photos.yahoo.com/) and have been happy with them. Free, unlimited storage, and if you already have a yahoo id, why not?

Happy snapping with your new camera!

Shaz

"You do not know what you're saying girl!"
"Yes I do, I know exactly what I am saying, and if it is sedition, then I am guilty of sedition too!"
  Previous Topic: Bill Miller news Topic Next Topic: Happy Birthday Caitlin!!!  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07