The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/7/2024 5:26:57 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 If Uncas and Alice survived?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Erics Native Language Topic Next Topic: Were the bodies visible at all?
Page: of 3

eilan86
Pathfinder

Alice
Italy

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 14 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  03:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you dark woods! I went to the discussion and found it very interesting! That cleared my mind!
How many misteries in LOTM!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  09:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
To further develope my thought on my choice of Uncas and Alice marrying.....I have to say that I truely do believe that Alice would have stayed in America. Throughout the entire movie you see that she greatly depends on Cora to make her decisions and lead her through her life. With the death of her father, she would only have Cora left to lean on. I am sure she had relatives back home, but they probably weren't as close to her as Cora. This leads me to believe that if she lived to see Cora adopt the lifestyle of the Mohicans, she too would have followed her sister's example.
Uncas would have certainly kept her close to Cora undoubtedly to help her to rebirth her sanity that was lost in the previous tramatizing events. Perhaps the more she grew up, the more she would learn to adapt better and lead her own life. Eventually she would have a child and settle into the role of a mother. All in all, I have to say that all she would need is a little bit of time to grow up.

"I teach the dance...the passion is yours to find."

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  2:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well a night of Passion with our dear, sexy Uncas is all any girl would need to help her "grow up" or maybe I should say "grow out"

Sorry couldn't resist

IG

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  3:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think a night with Uncas would cure just about any ailment!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If only ladies, if only

IG

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  3:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, we can always fantasize right!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  5:56:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My point exactly Dancer. Oh those Uncas fantasies that go on in our heads. If our husbands knew we would be in big trouble I think. Still what they don't know ......besides they reap the benefits too....heehee

IG

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 11 2006 :  9:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Except when you call him by the wrong name!!!! My boyfriend hates it when I go nutts ovr Eric. He rolls his eyes and says "Geez honey I think you like him more than me!" Poor baby.

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 11 2006 :  10:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did you ever tell him that's true?
Uncas is the kinda' guy I can really get used to.
Think about it:
#1. He's just plain HOT, HOT, HOT! Ever guys envy (for you Obi), every gals dream!
#2. He doesn't say much, he just gives those incredibly, breathtaking looks that scream out LOVE! (or lust at least, depends on what one is looking for!)
#3. If he ever does get mouthy (doubt it) you can just use the remote and mute him and adore everything about his existance.
You can even pause those incredible moments of blissful expressions of adoration, rewind and play his words over and over and over and over (who could ever get tired of that voice!) AND if you ever happen across slow-mo you can get a peek of cheek (if you know what I mean!)

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2006 :  11:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

Except when you call him by the wrong name!!!! My boyfriend hates it when I go nutts ovr Eric. He rolls his eyes and says "Geez honey I think you like him more than me!" Poor baby.

Now that's not good letting Eric's or perhaps Uncas's name slip out at an inappropriate time I feel your pain friend

Hey Light I can relate to all you say. Manys a night I have used the ole' remote control to catch me glimpse of cheek and those smouldering looks he gives oh my, enough to make a girl's heart pound extra fast Now if only we could find a way to bring him out of the movie and into our arms for real a fantasy come true

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 11 2006 :  11:30:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Or if we could climb in and push...eh, I mean accidentally bump...Alice into the falls...

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well let's hope that today's technology will someday be able to assist our throbbing hearts before we get too old for him!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dancer

Well let's hope that today's technology will someday be able to assist our throbbing hearts before we get too old for him!

That's so sad...having a crush on a corpse!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  12:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
maybe so but come on....even his corpse was hot!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 12 2006 :  01:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And stiff!!!!
OOPS! Did I just say that!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 12 2006 :  1:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shame on you light of the moon!!!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 18 2006 :  10:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Irishgirl

[quote]Hey Light I can relate to all you say. Manys a night I have used the ole' remote control to catch me glimpse of cheek and those smouldering looks he gives oh my, enough to make a girl's heart pound extra fast Now if only we could find a way to bring him out of the movie and into our arms for real a fantasy come true

I'll put 100 dollars down Irish that you've paused his incredible stare at the waterfall and kissed the screen!!!

Yes, Dancer, shame on me. Sometime I see a comment teetering on the edge and I just can't help but give it a nudge!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - December 18 2006 :  10:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I must admit I'm sorry to have missed out on THIS discussion! Really, ladies, I think I'm blushing. That's not to say I haven't thought some of the same things, mind you!

Dancer
Pioneer

Chieftain
USA

November 29 2006

Posted - December 18 2006 :  10:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No shame in being honest light of the moon!!!!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 18 2006 :  8:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why thank you!

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 19 2006 :  12:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Why do you ladies continually try to turn LOTM into a chickflick?

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 19 2006 :  10:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry, friend but when you have people in there like Nathaniel and Uncas it's bound to get A LOT of female attention!

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - December 19 2006 :  3:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Why do you ladies continually try to turn LOTM into a chickflick?

Tut Tut Obi All those hot guys and you don't think it's a chickflick

IG

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - December 19 2006 :  11:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ah...I can see his point. We do get carried away...way away! But hey...IT'S FUN!

(You know the other day I was thinking with my one brain cell and not only did it hurt but I realized that women severly outnumber the men in this board.)

angicx
Pathfinder

Gothic Girl 2
USA

August 21 2007

Posted - August 22 2007 :  12:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit angicx's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

I know I just posted something, but OMG! I just finished reading parts of the original script for "LOTM" and I'm SOOO glad the love scene between Uncas and Alice was left out.

I mean, really: she holds him "as if he were a prince in a romantic fantasy" and "in the passion of despair and fear and wanting life, she holds him between her thighs"?

I much prefer the longing looks and unsatisfied passions of the current version. I think an under the falls "love" scene would have cheapened their romance. But maybe that's just me...anyone else Just curious! Not trying to be a perv.

I absolutley agree with you. I prefer the subtlety of their romance too...

quote:
Originally posted by eilan86
There's another thing I don't understand:
after the waterfall scene Alice has a braid in her hair that seems to appears from nowhere...
What is the meaning of it?

In my first post (Alice/Uncas romance)
I speculate about the braid in Alice's hair and am soooo happy to find where others have mentioned it. I like the idea of him braiding her hair as he's holding and comforting her after pulling her back from the ledge of the falls. (no sex involved... makes the gesture more meaningful and tender.)

I voted them marrying and her adapting to living off the land in the name of love!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Erics Native Language Topic Next Topic: Were the bodies visible at all?  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.58 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07