The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
10/6/2024 5:41:40 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Buying A Flintlock Longrifle???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Tattoos Topic Next Topic: Another LOTM  link  

Movielegends
Lost in the Wilderness

Dream Catcher 3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 15 2002

Posted - October 02 2002 :  8:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where is the best place to purchase a functioning flintlock longrifle such as those used in LOTM? Not a kit, but a fully made working firearm? Any good online mail order sites? Were these considered a "Brown Bess" or a "Pennsylvania Long Rifle"??

Many Thanks!
K.C.

KWC
report to moderator

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 02 2002 :  10:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There is an excellent gunsmith here in Irwin,Pa named Phil Kravner.He does all of our guns.Let me know if you need contact info.EM

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 03 2002 :  12:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Phil does excellent work, I own one of his 1st Model "Besses" as well as one of his "Light Infantry" Carbines. However, if you purchase one of his firelocks, you really must also buy one of his powder horns (The artwork on them is fantastic, no wonder it takes him 2-4 months to finish one).

-EV

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  12:52:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You might get some ideas from this web site.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 03 2002 :  06:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Another place, if I may be so bold as to recommend an "ex"-Mohicanlander , see: Killdeers He's not really making too many Killdeer replicas anymore, but offers a line of other models. Bill MacLeod won the Mohican Games shoot this past year using one of the PA Longrifles models. He swears by it!

Clabair
The French Trader

USA

May 28 2002

Posted - October 03 2002 :  10:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clabair's Homepage  Send Clabair an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There are many makers of fine replica long guns and we all have our favorites. Here are a few of mine;
Early Rustic Arms. You can check out their site at www.earlyrusticarms.com Their prices are some of the best for what they offer.
Caywood Gunmakers. You can see their site at www.caywoodguns.com I have one of his early English I. Wilson trade guns. Great people and very good quaility. I`ve also built several Wilsons from their parts kits for a few friends.
Centermark Inc. You can contact them at (716) 679-0276 I have one of their French "Tulle" muskets which is what Uncas and Ching used in LOTM. I`ve also built several Tulles from their parts kits for a few other friends. :)
Tennessee Valley Muzzlelading. They also make some fine long guns and I`ve seen and fired several. You can contact them at (662) 287-6021
Jim Chambers Rifle Kits. You can see his stuff at www.flintlocks.com I`ve seen several rifles made from his kits. You may have to have someone build you one if you use his kits. Not something a beginner should try.
These are just a few of the many gun makers out there. Hope you can find something you like.

Clabert

Previous Topic: Tattoos Topic Next Topic: Another LOTM  link  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.26 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07